Ebay Dispute Issue

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Nefud, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

The guy hasn't responded since he filed the dispute on monday...I entered the tracking info into the dispute area like you guys so helpfully suggested. Beyond that, though, I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do. Watch and wait?

2. unkrazimatik

unkrazimatik Seeker, of the truth

Sounds like someone who is "jumping the gun" too soon. I just got a part shipped to me from Cali, and it took 10 days. I wish you luck in pacifying this person, they need to understand that items leaving one country or continent are not guaranteed to be there lickety split.

WHERE IS TOM HANKS WHEN YOU NEED HIM!!!!

3. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    i would wait, if he does not escalate it, it will close automatically. no harm no foul...if you escalate it, you will be giving him his money back automatically since there is no tracking #....paypal does not view a customs# as tracking.

4. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    ain't that the truth...crap from china can take up to 5 or 6 weeks if it is the good old air parcel post method.

5. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

When shipped via regular mail, it can take a loooooooooooooooooong time to get to China. Safest bet is to ship via EMS or similar method, or just simply not deal with overseas buyers. I'd wait a couple of more weeks to see. Package could still be in route.

6. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I guess the lesson here is if you live in the US, just ship within the US.

7. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

That used to be my policy, but I thought I was just being paranoid and predjudiced against people from other countries. Now I I have a reason to never sell outside the US again. :p 

8. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i've had this twice, once from a US buyer within a week, and the other from france, the french one just went away, and the tracking number part helped with the US one, people that don't ship to canada from the US are paranoid though

9. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    I have hade my fair share of sellers with this attitude. Its a stupied policy and it destroys things for ous that want and dont is a ripoffer.

If one is so darn scared then only shipp outside with EMS, Express.

I have missed so many auctions because sellers just dont want to ship outside the US.

10. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Simple answers make everyone's life better!

11. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    problem with that attitude is it does not work.

you can have clearly in your description that you will use EMS only, or another trackable shipping method like UPS or FEDEX international.

Then everyone and his brother's uncle cries on ebay...what is the cost of first class international....EMS or the other is Too expensive.

I gave up and just placed

UNITES STATES SHIPPING ONLY.

save time...and grief.

12. MetroBub

MetroBub 49ers Fan

Id say leave it alone, And let the buyer escalate it like G1_Cindersaur said if not your just gonna be out your money .... Unless when they do rec. it they send you your money back ( The buyer i mean )...

13. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Things in and out of china take a least a month MINIMUM!
    If the buyer is in any way experienced with trading out of the country he/she would know that.

To file a claim after only 2 weeks in beyond reason.

14. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    not at all...the buyer probably got it quickly, saw there was not a form of tracking attached to the package and decided to screw the seller out of the $$ by filing a non receipt claim.

15. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep, especially since it was an AFA transformer. Why not snatch the toy and get a refund.... I hope you get to hold onto your money, we are pulling for you!

16. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    worst case senario report to the AFA about how you were scammed and maybe they will make note it of that in the record and the guy won't have an easy time reselling it if he ever does, not sure if the AFA does such a thing or what proof they would require if they do :/

17. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Yes because that's what all overseas bidders do. We wait until we get something that isn't tracked and file a paypal claim because we're all money-grabbing scum.

Glad you saw through that disguise, wow!

18. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    hey, if you want to get butt hurt over that statement that is on you.

And then try giving an explanation on why someone would file a claim in just two weeks then....

mine makes sense....beside you getting all bent out of shape...try giving one that has some logic behind it.

19. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    No, I just despise the logic prevalent through a lot of the TF community, that "we can't possibly ship outside of the US, anyone outside of America is obviously a crook".

Why someone would file a claim in two weeks? I agree that two weeks is too short a time though. I'm not saying that this person ISN'T a crook, my issue is that tarring everyone with the same brush because they don't have an American passport is ridiculous.

Also do remember, the issue here isn't a Paypal claim, it's a dispute. Two entirely different things.

Like Easterling Capt said - if you want tracked shipping outside the US, put you'll only ship by EMS. If people cry, then who cares - their problem. I ship outside the UK with my eBay listings and only do our equivalent of EMS. Does it limit the number of people outside the UK that bid? Yes. However those are my rules and I stick to them, rather than deciding "omg if you're not English you're out to get me".

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010