eBay - bootleg Black/Jafcon Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by e3nine, Jan 31, 2006.

1. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

I can't tell the difference. :( 

2. CrackerBoy

CrackerBoy SeƱor Member TFW2005 Supporter

For $50 or so bucks i'd consider it. Looks great and would display awsome next to a regular prime.

3. JunkionExchange

JunkionExchange Banned

I wonder if it has the correct windows and pieces I have Jafcon Prime and wouldn't mind a ko with blue windows and a grey roller but I agree $130 is too much

4. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damm..........
    This has gotta stop, soon there will be no way to tell a KO or not :( 

5. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    Maybe, with a flood of KOs, Takara will stop with all the rare repaints of everything. I wouldn't care.

6. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    I wonder if the next version will be the Lucky Draw gold chrome version....

7. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    There was no lucky draw gold Chrome version except for the "trophy" from 1987, but I don't think that thing can move. There is, however, a lucky draw version where all the silver stickers and paint are replaced with gold stickers and gold paint. I have one, and last I checked it was valued soemwhere around $1000. It's the best part of my collection. So I *really* hope they don't bootleg it. Then again, maybe it's time to sell it if there's a chance it will get bootleged. I could buy a MIB Fort Max or something, I suppose. It would be pretty hard for them to bootleg a Fort Max :p 

There's one other way to tell the KOs from the originals-- the word "The" in "The Transformers" should be further to the right as it is on the original Optimus's box.

Regarding the Cyclonus knockoff, I don't think that was done by the same people. There were a slew of Transformers released in the mid-1990's in China that had a little black sticker in the upper right corner of the box or card with 3 Chinese characters in it. Cyclonus appears to be one of those, so I think it's just dead stock from the mid-1990's. Supposedly they were produced in the same factories that made G1, but they were made without Hasbro's permission. So they are more or less than same as the originals, just cranked out when Hasbro wasn't looking.

8. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    Sorry, I meant the one with gold chrome/stickers. I hate to say it, but it would be a very simple change that they could sell well if they did. (I remember seeing fakes when that one came out, part of why I skipped it myself). I wouldn't be surprised by a diaclone box/sticker version or Pepsi Prime either. Like the guy who does the mini primes...

9. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    purely speculation ... but after looking at these auction pictures extremely hard, I realized this ...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

white plastic? unpainted gold apps? could this be a KO Dinobot on the way?

next to the dinobot, there's a half finshed box too. :huh

Attached Files:

10. Shokaract

Shokaract Banned

Whoa! I'm gonna start calling you Batman! How did you see that? Hopefully you're right, if they make KO dinobots with such high quality I'm sure half the fandom would be all over them!

11. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    I'd have a $50 limit on a MISB Geewun Dinobot reissue, official or otherwise. I have c7-c9 originals. Judging by the pricing on these, I won't be interested at the likely price.

12. CANNABIS PRIME

CANNABIS PRIME Vagabond

News Credits:
    WOW!! same guy has another jafcon ko on ebay for $99 this time.
    http://www.qksrv.net/click-1645815-5463217?loc=http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-G1-Black-Optimus-Prime-commander_W0QQitemZ6033916480QQcategoryZ4696QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and just for future reference, there will be tons of these coming out i think from singapore. not only do they have the g1color and jafcon, but also there will be a black w/ blue(head,hands, & legs) and a white w/ blue(h,h,&ls) but on top of that also a white trailer!! it looks very cool IMO and i am thinkin about grabbin whitey prime. those i've seen. there are a few that i havent seen yet(anime prime, silver prime, & goldie) but heard of having a release.

so if this is all old news just ignore...

13. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    :lol 

It just caught my eye when I was staring at the box's flap. I wouldn't know why that dinobot is in that condition either. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.