eBay - bootleg Black/Jafcon Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by e3nine, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

i want a jafcon black convoy :-( None on ebay right now.

2. Optimus-JD

Optimus-JD Team Laser Explosion!

I dunno, all these just give me bad feeling.

3. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Well at least (so far) none of the sellers appear to have tried to sell the knockoff as an original.

4. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed

Ebay:
    Does anyone else see this as a real problem for the Transformer's toyline? If the field becomes flooded with bootlegs then what happens to all of us who have collected the real thing for so many years of our lives and put so much money into our toy collection? A few years ago it was GI Joe figures with the fun school release and now its these KO of the G-1 line. I think the long term affect of this will be Tarkara and Hasbro are going to be less likely to release these because their market is being eaten up by pirates.

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    The normal prime bootleg auctions say that they were made using the old hasbro UK molds. so if that's true, these are likely perfect reproductions down to the last detail. including the hasbro copyright stamping.

so if these are removed from the boxes, it will be impossible to tell them apart from the real thing. in the box, its easy for informed collectors to spot as a fake. out of the box, well.. good luck!

6. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I'de pay $30 tops. Not $90 for a KO.

7. Straycat

Straycat TFQ Addict in Rehab

These look really cool--but $90 still seems like a lot.

I have to admit there is a special place in my heart for bootlegs, they're just fun--like the KO Devastator I have, where Bonecrusher's feet go the wrong way :lol 

I do think that if they're going to make high-quality bootlegs like this, it makes for a cool alternative to paying your first-born child to get the real thing. I just wish they were at prices more be-fitting a bootleg, which doesnt seem to be happening. I keep wanting to get one of those rumble/laserbeak sets, but $30-40 seems like alot. Anyone want to take a trip to Hong Kong? :) 

Talk about the ultimate bootleg trip... :lol 

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    the first prime KO that showed up was 50. hell, I'd get one for 50.

9. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

That's a hell of a lot of money to pay for shipping. The entire bill would ring up to $130. These knock-offs are way too much money.

10. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't think the market can support most KO Transformer releases past Prime and a few others. They're only bootlegging old and rare stuff at this point. Moral being: don't buy these as investments.

Could KOs influence the reissues? Don't know. Good question, though.

11. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    One more thing I'd like to bring up:

I find it pretty depressing that we're able to rely on bootleggers to produce certain rare figures more than we are takara. I would love it if the bootleggers started on combiner teams that were done with this level of perfection, same with the dinobots. we KNOW takara isnt likely to release those things any time soon.

12. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Yeah, Takara may have to revise their lets release as many versions of convoy as they can position.

Theoterically speaking, there's no limit to how bad this could get. They will probably concentrate on the early stuff.....
    but that doesen't mean safety against say, a fake Black Zarak.

13. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    The way I see it, these are just unofficial reissues. If the prices were down a bit, and they'd release figures that haven't been, or are likely to not ever be reissued, I'd eat 'em up. That is if I could find them. Even at these prices, they just aren't releasing enough of them to make them plentiful enough for everyone to get.

14. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed

Ebay:
    I think we're going to see a lot of this with anything that can fetch a high price on ebay. I won't be surprised if a fortress max shows up in the next year. This is a slippery slope.

15. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    Thats tight Black Op! I'm on that like flies on shit!

16. Optimus-JD

Optimus-JD Team Laser Explosion!

The price is simply stupid. They are knockoffs for Primus sake. I'm sorry, but if anyone buys these things you are doing the community a disservice. Like others have said, take them out of the box and you prolly can't tell the difference. For some that matters a lot! I for one would be very pissed off if I paid a good chunk of change for a TF that I thought was a real vintage item only to find out later that it came from something like this.

17. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    Looks kinda nice. Wouldn't mind if the box had been changed into a Decepticon-box, to give the Prime a Scourge feel. Too bad, the sticker on the trailer has an Autobot symbol. It would've been cool if this was the unofficial release of G1 Nemesis Prime, etc.

I hope Takara smartens up and starts to give us the re-issues that were begging for. Combiners and Dinobots would definitely be nice, since they're hard to find in mint shape. :confused2 

18. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I just remembered the G1 Cyclonus KOs that had some online stores fooled a while back. Do you think these are made by the same people? I seem to recall those Cyclonus' had crappy quality. They looked good, but that was about it... It would suck to get reissues ( even if unofficial ) that looked good but sucked..

Why can't Takara re-release #0 Prime in mass quantity to satisfy the demand and bring his price back down.

19. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Wasn't JAfcon in like a Japanese box... and stickered, and not at all like this packaging wise?

20. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Here's my original
    [​IMG]

VS the KO:

[​IMG]