Minor/Repaint: easy change to introduce 4 new limbs/molds to Combiner Wars

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by xueyue2, Oct 19, 2016.

1. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a combiner wars Cyclonus without limbs, and FOC G2 Bruticus that I don't like... so I thought, why not modify and give the limbs to Cyclonus? It turned out much easier than I thought, now I have 4 new molds in combiner wars.
    [​IMG]

changes are easy, only 2 steps, and I think they should apply to all the CW main body.

1) Took out these 4 chips from the combine sockets.
    [​IMG]

2) File a little bit, around 1mm in the red rectangle area in the pic, then the socket will fit.
    [​IMG]

That's it, simple enough for 4 new limb molds, right?
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
  2. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Great idea, was wondering what to do with these figures now that CW was out

3. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

There are adapters you can buy on Shapeways (principally from Steam Shield's Bot Foundry) which will allow you to mix-and-match combiners. Combiner Wars, FoC Bruticus/Ruination, Energon Maximus-types, fatty Prime & WingSaber, etc...

• Like Like x 2
  4. xueyue2

News Credits:
    Then u have to buy 4 adapters for these pretty much worthless figures? How much might cost?

5. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    About $16

6. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

I rather disagree with the 'worthless' assessment since you made workable limbs out of them, but at the same time also had to effectively use destructive modding on one figure in order to do it, which means you either have to only use the limbs with this one figure or you have to similarly dismantle other cores to make it work. It really depends on what you're going for.

I'm not dissing you for just wanting to use them on this one figure, but rather I'm pointing out there's a reason why people may want the Shapeways mod. Your mod itself is a bit on the clever side for how to get around it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. xueyue2

News Credits:
    I said "worthless" because that's the dilemma this FOC G2 Bruticus is facing, at least in my collection. After I have both the CW Bruticus, LG Bruticus, plus FPJ Bruticus, FOC Bruticus with mbc addon, and MBD KO Bruticus. Even the combiner wars Cyclonus is kind of redundant right now in my collection, (I guess anyone bought the single box CW Scattershot will feel the same), because there is no good limb for it. So this is just a quick solution for anyone want use these extra no-long-wants figure together. Of course I don't want to spend any extra money for figures like these.

• Like Like x 2
  8. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

Getting 4 adapters can be expensive. I've held off on ordering some myself because of the cost.

Been wanting to try an FOC blastoff with my CW Bruticus but I'm not sure if I'd permanently mod my Onslaught unless I find a spare for cheap.

I wonder if this could be done by modding the FOC figures instead?

9. xueyue2

News Credits:
    I think that will be much harder. Because u need to cut quite a lot on the connection sockets of FOC figures before they can fit.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  10. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

Well I love that your mods always seem so practical. I might end up trying this one on my Onslaught.

11. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

Finally decided to test this. You're a genious Xueyue2 !

I haven't even done the mod. Just held by friction. I need to dig out my boosticus parts. If I find an arm mode I like as a more permanent solution I'll give the mod a shot.

Attached Files:

12. Deductor

Deductor Banned

FOC figures just look really awkward when combined with the classic/present combiners.
    Interesting idea

13. 0ptimusMin0r

0ptimusMin0r Predacons

I LOVE WHAT YOU STARTED HERE, SERIOUSLY, IT WILL MAKE A GREAT [ MICROMASTERS SIXWING ] IF YOU CAN FINISH IT OFF...
    CAN YOU FIT CW FIST AND FEETS?
    YOU NEED TO SWAP LIMBS TO G1 DECO,
    VORTEX FOR RIGHT LEG
    BLASTOFF FOR RIGHT ARM
    PERHAPS G2 SUPERION HAS THE COLORS TO FINISH IT OFF..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. 0ptimusMin0r

0ptimusMin0r Predacons

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jus09

Jus09 Well-Known Member

Minor. Stop it.

16. hotwhilz

hotwhilz Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I always hated the FOC Onslaught. I think it was a waste of opportunity for a very promising combiner at that time. I did a lot of trials and errors with it and came up with some solutions before. I used the Universe Onslaught and modified it to give FOC a proper Onslaught. I will post a photo for you when I get home later from working today. I even tried to use a CW Battle Core Optimus to see if it will work and it did. This was about a year before we got the official word that there will be a CW Bruticus. Now regarding your plan to combine FOC Blastoff to CW combaticons, I think is very doable. I would not modify your Onslaught though, nor your FOC Blastoff. There was a customizer here that I had contacted with and helped me a lot with my previous dilemma and we came up with the CW to FOC adapters. For some reason, maybe life had taken over his schedules, he no longer visit here. Afterwards, I saw a few other customizers had came up with such adapters for such purposes. I cannot vouch for the shapeways adapters since I myself have not bought them there but I think it is worth getting it rather than sodomizing CW Onslaught or Blastoff. What this guy here did with his Cyclonus was actually clever, although again, I would not do this myself. Currently I am working with a guy here as well that is helping me design some sort of adapter to combine CW Cyclonus with TR Scourge/Sweeps. There are again a lot of trials and errors. I will also post those things when I find some time.

• Like Like x 1
  17. THE 1

THE 1 GUNFIGHTER

That works nice if u have a figure to spare. Besides, if u can save $16 (not paying for Shapeways adapters)... Then, hey, that's more money for other goodies. Thanks for sharing.

18. 2OP

2OP Member

how did you get swindle to fit?

19. xueyue2

News Credits:
    I think in Step 2) "File a little bit, around 1mm in the red rectangle area in the pic, then the socket will fit.", that's it.

20. Thunderstudent

Thunderstudent Raiden's Pupil

YouTube (Legacy):
    The only figure I'd get would be Swindle and maybe Vortex to replace the CW versions. Those are really the only figures that can be arguably called better than the CW versions. The rest of the Combaticons are leaps and bounds superior than the FOC ones

CW Bruticus with New Blastoff and FOC Swindel.png

• Like Like x 1