Earthspark Tacticons Wave 1-3

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by WishfulThinking, Feb 15, 2024.

1. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Seeing a lot of recent hate on the Tacticons lately. So, I'm going to give you a quick review of the line so far and hopefully help change some minds on the value of the little $5 desk bots.

So far, six figures have been released so far.

Wave 1
    Optimus Prime
    Megatron
    Bumblebee

Wave 2
    Arcee
    Hashing

Wave 3
    Wheeljack

Coming soon is Wave 4 Twitch which I have yet to locate.

20240215_145425.jpg

20240215_145630.jpg

The transformation is simple and universal. Pushing on the top of the vehicle will force the figure into its robot mode, although you may need to assist it by pushing apart the arms as well.
    20240215_145742.jpg

While Hasbro does want kids to use them as finger puppets in their marketing, adults will likely only find they fit well on their smaller fingers such as the pinkie and ring fingers. Otherwise, they stand just fine on their own without assistance. 20240215_145918.jpg

I've found that the sculpting on the head and torso are quite nice, actually. Wheeljack is the exception as Hasbro decided they'd save a few pennies by just recoloring Bumblebee with not the best results IMO.

The figures average about 2.75" tall. Honestly, they're nice transformable figures that you can use with titans. Obviously, collectors with cash to burn would probably opt for Dr Wu's Micromaster scaled main cast of characters. But for $5 a pop, these are fun little desk bots.
    20240215_145955.jpg
    20240215_150004.jpg

Overall, I'd chose these any day and everyday over the chibi blind packs of yore (although the baby Sharkticons were worth it). Display these on your desk or with your titans. Or give them as gifts to your kids. You might have a cheap good time with them if you give 'em a chance.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's some weird irony with Tacticon Wheeljack as a Bumblebee repaint and Crash changed Brakedown as a Wheeljack repaint.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nemesis Scourge

Nemesis Scourge Unicron's finest

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Remember the times when something like this was a Happy Meal toy?

4. AlvinC

AlvinC Making bad financial decisions

News Credits:
    Do many people actually hate on these? Pricing aside, these are basically transformable finger puppets. They do their job fine and I can’t understand the hate. What’s not to like about fingering your toys?

upload_2024-2-15_20-23-27.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  5. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    These don't use the same gummy plastic as those would. I'd equate these more with Headmasters with vehicle modes than the old Happy Meal toys.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To be fair it's like $5 which is pretty cheap by today's standards and hell they might show up at a discount store even cheaper. It's an odd gimmick, but kinda fun. Would it have been feasible to do a legends class at this price point? I don't know.

• Like Like x 1
  7. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    They do the Evergreen figures at $6. But those use a lower grade of plastic.

• Like Like x 1