Earthspark Season Two First 9 Episodes Plots

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by RATCHET 208, May 12, 2024.

1. Grun Gast

Grun Gast Well-Known Member

I think a good point of comparison might be Optimus Prime's charge at Autobot City. He plows right through the Decepticons, and unlike the Battle Droids we actually know who they are. Slams right into Thrust, then Shrapnel, Blitzwing barely dodges, and then Optimus blasts Thundercracker, Dirge, Soundwave etc in quick succession, and that genuinely seemed to have turned the tide because once Megatron also went down, the 'cons went into retreat. In comparison, I think the charge in Chicago during Dark Of The Moon wasn't quite as awesome. It was still a fine spectacle, sure, but Movie Optimus was basically massacring nameless goons.

In fact, I think the Fall Of Cybertron Metroplex trailer did a good job too, on both sides. Megatron is batting aside nameless Autobot generics on his way to Optimus, while Optimus takes out both Starscream and Shockwave before the two meet. That hyped me way more than if you just had Optimus slicing hundreds of Decepticons to pieces and Megatron blasts his way through hundreds of Autobots before they both meet up in combat. Or something like John Wick or a lot of Jackie Chan films, where despite the protagonists' skills they still seem to have to work for their victories. Even in the Autobot City charge, Optimus gets shot repeatedly in alt mode (to seemingly no effect, admittedly) before transforming and shooting the 'cons.

I too have heard of this, but as I didn't really follow TNG (they used to show it on local tv and so I'd watch every Sunday afternoon) I hadn't realised that was a thing.

It was because of some Early Installment Weirdness, wasn't it? Hadn't quite hit their stride, I think?

Hahah. I fear you give me too much credit. I have to confess that I generally have such ill-will towards a lot of Western media now I actually do often leap to a reactionary stance. That's why I brought up the whole "there must be a reason for such a visceral reaction" thing. After things like Ghostbusters 2016 ("No, I don't hate it because it starred women, I just didn't find it very funny. You know humour is subjective, right?"), then Black Panther ("I don't see what the fuss was about, it didn't seem like all that great a film to... what do you mean I must hate black people?!"), then Captain Marvel ("Look, I'm just saying I don't see why they had to gender-swap Mar-Vell (one of my favourite characters) if they weren't going to do anything with it like have her bond with Carol over being a woman in a "man's world" or something! The hell does that have to do with hating a female lead?!"), etc, I just have that kneejerk reaction of "ugh, more pandering to that bloody lot" and have to remind myself to actually wait, calm down, and then reassess later.

In the case of Earthspark, it was the fact that it was a Transformers series that allowed me to do that, because I generally have more positive feelings towards the franchise than negative. ROTB sadly didn't receive that same courtesy, because it had the added disadvantage of being a live action film and I'd long since concluded they just weren't for me. The fact that I'm from South-East Asia and so probably have a very different worldview is almost assuredly a factor too.

2. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Earth spark fans remind me of NGE fans, in that their reaction to criticism of their show often leads people to go from "huh, guess it isn't for me" to full on hate of the product in question

• Like Like x 6
  3. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde クインテッサ星人

News Credits:
    CAN CONFIRM, maybe not quite as bad as IDW fans but there's similar shades.

I'm a huge fan of anything Anno does but the fanbase for NGE is pretty infamous for a reason...

• Like Like x 1
  4. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

It's been over a decade since I watched, but I believe it's a combination of Wesley being at his most annoying, people never warming up to Tasha Yar (and the actress not warming up to the role), as well as Early Installment Weirdness/not hitting their stride yet. Maybe some other behind the scenes stuff too. I remember early on they had a different doctor as well, who also didn't enjoy being on the show or something.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Runamuck86

Runamuck86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    calm down ... it wasnt a 100% serious comment .
    I actually like a lot of 5 min shows including MLP and Peppa Pig

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sunbow Prime

Sunbow Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It appears no one gives enough of a damn about this show to put it out there. For comparison the entire War for Cybertron show is available though.

Demon Slayer

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
  7. John Titor

John Titor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you think the original x-men series started in 97?

8. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shitty and horribly inconsistent writing, basically. Gene Roddenberry was sick and dying but insisted on maintaining an iron grip on the show, facilitated by his egomaniac of a lawyer. The behind-the-scenes of early TNG was so messy that there's a documentary about it called Chaos on the Bridge. It's short (about an hour) and well worth seeing if you're curious.

Last edited: May 27, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  9. IronWaveJRG

IronWaveJRG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Welp, turns out the Earthspark toyline has been cancelled entirely in Japan

EDIT: FALSE ALARM

Last edited: May 28, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Grun Gast

I'll look that up. Thanks for the info!

I'm genuinely surprised. I don't think many people have good things to say about the WFC Netflix trilogy, but obviously enough people did that they went to the trouble of putting it up online. But that Earthspark didn't even get that? That's... that's a really bad look.

In fairness, that's the toyline and not necessarily the show... though admittedly it's not a good sign at all.

• Like Like x 1
  11. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, seems pretty indicative. Interested to see what comes next.

12. IronWaveJRG

IronWaveJRG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Turns out it was a false alarm, a translation error of sorts

• Like Like x 4
  13. justiceg

News Credits:
    ha ha thank goodness! I think? That’s one *hell* of a translation error.

14. Grun Gast

Eh, in fairness Japanese does have this thing where once context is established a lot of details can be omitted, so it's not impossible. As an example, I remember Dynasty Warriors once translating the line "Omae wa ore no teki de wa nai!" into "You aren't my enemy!" whereas it was supposed to be more along the lines of "You're no match for me!" or "You can't stand against me!", but because the translator was presumably only working on the script and didn't have the full context...

• Like Like x 2
  15. Leolim

Leolim Well-Known Member

Sad that earthspark didn’t live up to the last five mainline transformers series.

16. galvatran

galvatran Galvatran lives!

News Credits:
    Nothing out of the ordinary for this online forum.

17. justiceg

News Credits:
    well, real life is agreeing w/ Protoman…

Core class disappearing? + Earthspark Replacement

I’m certain all the people who were ragging on Protoman will no doubt be coming back to this thread to apologize. =). I’m not picking on you specifically, just that your post was one of the first ones I saw about it.

Certainly bummed about Earthspark ending, I liked it.

• Like Like x 2
  18. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Earthspark: 36 episodes
    Cyberverse: 64 episodes
    RiD 2015: 71 episodes
    Prime: 65 episodes
    Animated: 42 episodes
    Cybertron: 52 episodes
    Energon: 52 episodes
    Armada: 52 episodes
    RiD 2000: 39 episodes
    Beast Machines: 26 episodes
    Beast Wars: 52 episodes

The fewest episodes since Animated isn't really that bad considering how fondly people remember Animated looking back. And I recall a lot of similar complaints at the time.

What's funny is Prime corresponded with the post 2007 movie boom and included a number of elements borrowed from those films.

So if TF:One connects like they seem to think it will then perhaps it's a similar situation where they're hoping to bring elements of that universe in to future series to help new audiences crossover like they did in 2007.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Ghost Quartz

Ghost Quartz ROTF Mudflap lover

Anyone wanna bet that the new tv show after Earthspark is gonna be some form of spin-off related to the Bayverse movies? Think Cyber Missions but with more budget and more kid friendly.

20. meisterman

meisterman i am in love with rotb

Bayverse is dead, and it’s been dead for 7 years. Producers can say what they want about the current films connecting but TLK bombed and with Unicron’s reintroduction in ROTB they clearly want to leave it behind.