Earthspark Season Two First 9 Episodes Plots

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by RATCHET 208, May 12, 2024.

1. Skycutter

Skycutter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I feel that a little far dude

• Like Like x 2
  2. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    It's strange that we are not getting any official information yet, in ether direction.

3. Grun Gast

Grun Gast Well-Known Member

See, there's the issue with tv shows. How long do you expect someone to keep watching in the hopes a show will get "good"? Like, you say "towards the end it actually picked up", so that means, what, episode 20 or something?

I sat through the entire first season of Ultimate Spider-Man hoping that it would get better (or tone down stuff like the fourth wall breaks or that stupid monkey screech they kept playing), but it never did. I watched the first season of Robots In Disguise 2015 hoping that it would pick up on some leftover plot points from Prime (e.g. what happened to Predaking or Shockwave? What are Agent Fowler and the kids up to now?), but by the end of the season I was more annoyed with those stupid Decepticon Hunters than anything else. Why in the world would I keep coming back, then?

I'm told Ultimate Spider-Man got quite good as time went on, but by that point I was so apathetic towards that version of Spidey I never bothered giving it another go. I mean, there's so much entertainment available now, why should I give another chance to something that already failed to get me hooked?

I dunno, I felt the same way towards Sam's parents in the Michael Bay films. But that's probably because I just didn't find their antics very funny.

I did like the bit where Sam was killed during the climax of Revenge Of The Fallen and they were grief stricken, though. Less bumbling, more ... heart? ... would probably have endeared them to me more. But humour is subjective and all that.

I'm not really familiar with how tv shows work, but is it typical for companies to announce a show is getting cancelled before the end of a season? I was under the impression season 2 hadn't even aired yet, though I'm basing this on info on the TF Wiki.

4. Rob

Rob Fanatic Films Supporter: Optimus Prime reborn!!!

News Credits:
    I was okay with the adult human characters, they were great. Also, that scene from the mom's perspective when Skywarp and Novastorm is attacking is outstanding. Like one of the best TF scenes in my opinion.

It was like you said, far too much family drama. They should have kept like Startrek, where the kids are in it, but they are side characters not the primary focus.

• Like Like x 1
  5. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh *massive* agreement here. IMO Rescue Bots as both a toy line and animated series is a high water mark quality wise for Transformers.

• Like Like x 1
  6. justiceg

News Credits:
    I’ve always felt that part of the reason the Combaticons got more love is - not stated outright but seems pretty evident to me - that they were modelled as a Transformer version of the 1980s property “The A Team” and as such the writers had more fun/desire to write that team accordingly.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sideswipe1985

Sideswipe1985 Well-Known Member

Aaaaaand there it is.

Yeah complete with flash animation and diabetic One Step Changers, truly the high point of the brand. "Peak fire bro"
    "This goes hard"

By the way, a Transformers show without Decepticons is not a Transformers show. It sure as fuck isn't the best one either. I swear to God I'd lose less brain cells banging my head against a brick wall.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2024
  8. justiceg

News Credits:
    Gotta be honest, I always feel a tinge of concern whenever I see anyone express this level of frustration over a conversation regarding what is essentially a toy property for kids. Not sure what it is about this convo that has you this mad/annoyed, but I can assure you it doesn’t warrant that level of personal upset, whether you’re 14 years old or 40. I’m assuming there’s something outside these forums triggering it but I sincerely hope it gets better.

All that said I loooove Rescue Bots! One of my favourites out of all the media =) it’s great.

Last edited: May 18, 2024
    • Like Like x 8
  9. Sideswipe1985

"You're too old to have an adverse opinion, I win now, it's just plastic and cartoons, buddy"
    That mindset goes both ways, but thanks for the input, your words are a fucking treasure.

10. justiceg

News Credits:
    yeah I apologize for that - I was in the middle of editing that post because it was way too easy for that to be read super-aggresive and that wasn’t my original intent. Again, super sorry about that. I’ve edited the post above to more accurately reflect my thoughts without being jerkish about the delivery. Given one of my most recent posts was mentioning the implications of wording I feel especially hypocritical. Again, I’m sincerely very apologetic and the edited text is a better and more thoughtful representation of what I was thinking. I’m more than happy for you to leave the original quote there though as I definitely want to own my mistake. Truthfully emotional aggressiveness for a topic like this isn’t a great thing regardless of age and i wouldn’t want my words getting interpreted as “oh you’re 40, get out of here”. I mean if that was the rule this forum would lose 75% of its userbase =)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sideswipe1985

It's just the Internet man, we're not in the middle of a Walmart, idgaf.

12. justiceg

News Credits:
    If this is a serious question, Protoman for sure and that’s not ironic or sarcastic. Protoman has had years of background with the TV entertainment arm of Hasbro/TFs. Him choosing to remain anonymous and keep his sources the same doesn’t nullify that. Roche’s involvement was limited to some short IDW comic runs and UK TF fanfic.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sideswipe1985

My contempt comes from something receiving praise this high when it's not representative or indicative of the franchise in any way shape or form. Like the people saying "I don't care if it's accurate if it's good". It's incredibly damaging to the rest of the brand because it's teaching the people in charge the wrong lessons. Take the Knuckles show for example, that show features almost no Sonic brand characters and instead focuses on purely ass-pull characters that have nothing to do with the brand. Rescue Bots is not as extreme of a problem, but such high praise of something that doesn't resemble its source in tone and plot is extremely damaging to the brand going forward, and this is evident in everything that's come since. Everything up until Prime was fairly balanced in terms of tone, design, and presentation, then everything started being a lot goofier, you have line delivery and acting now with dark and mature themes and it ends up not fitting. That's the biggest problem that Cyberverse and Earthspark. WFC especially didn't understand that.
    TLDR: Toxic Positivity exists and it needs its ass kicked and shoved in a locker.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Taranza

Taranza Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    so basically “it doesn’t fit my idea of what transformers so it’s bad and damaging to the “””brand ideas”””” as a whole” despite the fact that one of the most popular and well liked shows (beast wars) completely changes everything that g1 set as an example and saved the brand from dying because it kept doing the same thing over and over

• Like Like x 5
  15. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    :locked2: 

• Like Like x 3
  16. Sideswipe1985

It still had mature themes and objective good vs evil, did it not?

17. nericen

nericen Well-Known Member

To say it negatively affects the brand feels a little weird.

The brand exists to sell toys. If toys are sold without killing most of the cast, even better.

It's not like it's beating you over the head that it's a Transformers property. Like "Last time on TRANSFORMERS Rescue Bots..."

Bot-Bots, on the other hand...

• Like Like x 2
  18. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I think their point is that having what seems to be a slice of life series for transformers obviously doesn't work, as the toy sales indicate. You can argue that they're wrong, but they aren't trying to insist on a g1 remix as much as wanting two competing factions.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Though they wouldn’t be able to do that though. Car Robots was already done and Hasbro could easily have access to the figures since it was done the year prior.

Beast Wars II and Neo are now 25 years old. There’s a high chance that the bulk of either toy lines wouldn’t be able to be reissued now.

It’s far more feasible to begin work on a new show and toy line while the current one is still airing. Given Earthspark premiered in 2022, there’s been plenty of time to do that.

• Like Like x 1
  20. justiceg

News Credits:
    I’m reasonably sure Rescue Bots was a pretty decent seller for a long time; I mean the toy line lasted for what, 5-6 years? If it doing that terrible I don’t think it would’ve had that longevity.

• Like Like x 2