Earthspark Season Two First 9 Episodes Plots

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by RATCHET 208, May 12, 2024.

1. Sideswipe1985

Sideswipe1985 Well-Known Member

How many of those people have it included in a bundle they didn't choose, Kroger's planning to include Disney Plus in their shoppers subscriptions. There's a thick like between those who have it and those who want it.

2. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro even did that with MLP.

Paramount+ has been bundled with Walmart+ before Earthspark began.

3. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot What does God need with a starship?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Could be another botbots type show, and ES can still be airing. Protoman is only assuming ES is getting cancelled because they are working on a new show. Botbots does remind me of Tell your Tale (as philip mentioned above me MLP style).

4. nericen

nericen Well-Known Member

Then we might see some FNAF's crossover action?

5. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Well I never said TakaraTomy was poor, Chief, I just meant that given current conditions they probably don't have the budget to take a risk making their own new show like they did 20 some years ago. As far as perceptions go, it's not really about cash flow or a knock on either company, just it is pretty clear which of the two companies is planning on putting the most behind the Transformers brand at the moment, and that I wouldn't count on Takara swooping in to make that dream Transformers anime anytime soon.

Well given Takara has 100% creative control in their own market for Transformers, I'd say no, that ain't it.

6. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    Hopefully the show gets a proper ending for the people who enjoy it. Personally, I tried watching a bit and couldn't get into it. I found the kids too annoying and the whole Terran concept didn't really click with me. I did like some ideas like the post-war setting and hero Megatron. Maybe I just need to watch more, I only got an episode or two in. I have no doubt it gets better, it just didn't hook me.

You know what I'd love to see in the next show? Adult human companions. How cool would it be to have a show with a human companion like Agent Fowler? Or even a young adult like Spike, Charlie, or Noah Diaz? Not only would that go over better with adult viewers, but kids love cool competent adult characters. I doubt any kids are going to the school playground and roleplaying as Russell Clay, Raf, or Mo Malto. They're roleplay as Iron Man and Luke Skywalker. Not sure why these writers seem to think you need kid characters to get kids invested in a story.

• Like Like x 2
  7. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I actually really wanted to like this show, mostly due to Elita one finally getting a ton of spot light, sadly I just couldnt get into it for multiple reasons . I hope it continues though, I always thought she should have been used a whole lot more.

8. nericen

I tried darn hard to get my kids to watch this, but Lower Decks was better.

9. Grun Gast

Grun Gast Well-Known Member

I think you hit the nail right on the head. That was the case with me, at least. The look didn't work for me, it would likely never air on any local tv stations for various reasons, and outside of the child-aimed Tacticons and Flip-Changers et al the more expensive Deluxe and Warrior classes weren't all that appealing (not helped by use of redecos of older product for some characters).

This may be a minor thing, but I also think the way most of the promotional posters etc prominently showed off the kids didn't help. Animated, despite the "kiddy" look, only featured the Transformers, same thing with Prime and RiD2015. In comparison, looking at the posters you just know those kids are going to be a big part of every episode, and if you don't like them or are already predisposed towards disliking them...

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. Despite not liking the artstyle, I did at least have a look to see whether the story would make up for it. When that didn't work, well, why should I stick around in the hopes it'll get better? I'm told that that Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon got quite good in the later seasons, but by that point I'd long since checked out because I hated those jerkwads who're supposedly his teammates after watching the entire first season.

Ah! Thank you! That was the info I was looking for. I fully expected that to be the case but wasn't sure.

In fairness, trains also still have a wider appeal to the Japanese audience than to a US one (or more general non-Japan one?). I seem to recall in one of the Power Ranger seasons there was some episode where a threat to the rail system was treated as some dire threat, and the reviewer Linkara noted that while a threat to the rail system in Japan would be catastrophic since it's the primary mode of transport for a lot of people in the cities, it wouldn't be the same level of dangerous for countries like the US.

I'm sorry if this comes off as rude, I really don't mean it to be, but I would like to point out that just because people work hard on something that doesn't mean other people are obligated to like it or that it's good. My students work hard on their essays (bless them, I can see that they try to apply the lessons they learned), but if they aren't any good, I have to give them the appropriate mark and just point out where they could improve for the next time.

Last edited: May 18, 2024
    • Like Like x 6
  10. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    sad? oooooooooooookay. perspectives I guess.

11. ArcanielRE3

ArcanielRE3 Honorary Autobot

Gee, who could have seen this cancellation coming....

• Like Like x 3
  12. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    All Transformers shows End, I'm personally not looking forward to another lame Toyline.

13. CrossHero

CrossHero Nothing is too weird

I was thinking for some time since my last post why the gimick loaded figures from back then aren't as boring as the current bricks. You brought it to a point. They got the main focus, with the entire line planned out around a central gimick.

For Armada, it was the Powerlinx gimick, where the Minicons could activate different functions on the larger figures. While the larger figures where compromised for that to different degrees, they at least had basic articulation and functioned as Transformers.

Then Energon had the Powerlinx gimick for the Autobots, where two could combine together, while the Decepticons got "Hyper-Modes". While neither faction really had that much more articulation compared to each other, both where line wide gimicks that at least left us with transforming figures with sometimes pretty decent articulation.

After that Cybertron rolled around where the line wide gimick were the Cyber-Keys and the gimicks they activated. They where sometimes extremly unintrusive, resulting in less compromised articulation, while still keeping a line wide gimick for both factions.

Compared to nowdays, where the figure line-up for a single show consists of different sub-lines, all doing something, but nothing line wide and often times very simplistic. The one step changers are total bricks, whos already lacking articulation has been nearly entirely removed for the ES one step changers. Considering that we already had one step changers back in the 90s', that had actual articulation, the new ones just look like a bad joke in comparison.

The rest dosn't fare too much better, as the ES deluxe figures are sometimes bad repaints of Cyberverse figures but always totally out of scale. While the new molds aren't bad, I have Takaras Twitch, Nightshade and Prime, they are just totally out of scale to each other. Compared to Primes RID line, which had budget cuts, they just don't reach that quality at all. And I don't think Takara is going to step in this time either and give us a larger figure for one of the larger characters, like they did with Battle Grimlock during RID2015, or their own Prime mold. I think giving them better paint jobs and making Prowl out of Prowl seems to be the extent they are willing to go for now.

Edit: Forgot to say, as I said, I like the show so far, but for a show that tries to sell toys, the toys aren't really worthwhile selling for the largest part. Maybe a child can get fun out of a brick, but I had fun with real bricks and stones back then and they didn't cost anything.

• Like Like x 2
  14. nericen

Hmmm, I'm more burned out on watching CGI show after CGI show.

There are a lot of story arcs outside of the traditional eternal conflict that I would love to see animated, especially since buying up loads of comics/collections are way outside of my budget or space limitations.

What about all that stuff the Wreckers did, the conflict with Liege Maximo, the time-traveling Shockwave, or even Shattered Glass as complete self-contained 13 or 26 episode stories...

• Like Like x 4
  15. jignat

jignat Well-Known Member

Does Beau DeMayo like Transformers? lol

A cel animated show adapting many Marvel G1 stories would be my dream.

• Like Like x 4
  16. xyz123

xyz123 Well-Known Member

For the next TF show or media or whatever can we maybe get the designers not to go the lazy route of copy pasting the overused G1 and sunbow designs yet again? Adapting the marvel comics stories for a new generation sounds good to me but we all know TF is not renowned for its storytelling creativity, can we at least get some visual creativity? Let evergreen die is what I'm saying basically.

• Like Like x 1
  17. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

Attack on Titan, My Hero Academia, Welcome to Demon School Iruma-kun, That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime - all over 50 episodes, with Slime currently airing. The Urusei Yatsura remake either already has 50+, or will be getting to it. And of course, One Piece with over 1100 episodes. The real difference is that most non-Shounen series these days take a year or two break between seasons, both to make sure they're still profitable, and to make sure they have enough material to keep adapting without requiring filler episodes like One Piece.

Well now, that's just blatantly false. Kids watch anime regularly, and those are 22 - 25 minutes. Don't assume that just because stuff like Peppa Pig is short form it means that short form is the only thing kids like.

• Like Like x 2
  18. TheException78

TheException78 CIA's Most Wanted

Instagram:
    Well that would fucking suck. I liked this show quite a bit.

I do see the ratings thing being an issue. It's release schedule was quite bad (why cut the show into 3 parts? Why not a weekly schedule?) and I doubt many people would still be watching it on cable.

• Like Like x 1
  19. faustmeth

faustmeth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just watched my 10 year old daughter and 3 of her friends watch 28, 24-minute episodes of Frieren: Beyond Journey's End, which is slower paced than most live action dramas. It isn't about the kids or their attention spans; it's about the quality of the shows.

Last edited: May 17, 2024
    • Like Like x 10
  20. 20thc3nturybl003s

20thc3nturybl003s Behold, my profile... of DOOM!

I know, right? Why does almost everyone else here keep asking for another G1 show? We've been getting a shitton of G1 pandering these past few years (e.g. BBM; Netflix series; Skybound comics; Evergreen designs), and I'm getting pretty sick of it. Remember when the Unicron Trilogy had three completely different designs of Megatron, one for each show? Why can't we have new designs for each character instead of rehashing the same old tired G1 aesthetic for the umpteenth time. And we don't need a continuation of the Sunbow cartoon. It's dead, has been for years. There's no need to keep beating a dead horse.

• Like Like x 2