Earthspark Season Two First 9 Episodes Plots

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by RATCHET 208, May 12, 2024.

1. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I do wonder if this is a tempest in a teapot. It seems like most Transformers shows last around two seasons. I know there was plans for a third Animated season, but that never came to fruition. G1 famously ended after two seasons with a multipart third season premier airing and that being the end of it. Beast Wars was a bit of an outlier it looks like, with three seasons.

EDIT- yep, I somehow completely forgot that G1 has a third season.

Sadly, I don’t doubt that the incredibly vocal CHUD minority brigading against a single non-binary character, plus ethnic diversity among the humans, was heard by corporate Hasbro on some level. Just look at what they managed to do to Target during Pride month. But broadly speaking, I suspect the plan was never to go beyond two, maybe three seasons max.

Last edited: May 17, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  2. faustmeth

faustmeth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry, but you're comparing apples to oranges. Most "kids" anime, which Transformers definitely is in every incarnation, get multple-mutliple years of TV shows. Zoids, Duel Masters, Rockman Exe, Aikatsu, Precure....the exception is Transformers.

I'm not sure where you are getting the 16 episodes number from, but one cours in Japan is 3 months of shows, so it is going to be either 12 or 13 or multiples thereof.

Last edited: May 17, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  3. LoserBroadside

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Streaming platforms are also in a state of flux right now, with a lot of shows originally planned for Max being moved to other platforms. This could also be a victim of that in flux status where nobody quite knows what’s happening with streaming, and apart from Netflix, no one knows how to make money from it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ThePrime84

ThePrime84 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G1 had two full seasons, a movie, then a third full season, then a short three episode fourth season, then a fifth season of reruns with added footage. Animated also had a third season.

• Like Like x 3
  5. LoserBroadside

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Oops, you’re right! I for some reason forgot about the third season.

6. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hit dogs holler

They also have no say in the production and distribution of children's programming. Adults do.

C'mon, man. The era in which the G1 cartoon was created was a specific confluence of historical events - deregulation of broadcast TV advertising to children, a roughly 15-year window where first-run syndication was extremely profitable, the big three US networks being hesitant to air "violent" cartoons as opposed to "friendship village" stuff like Smurfs and Care Bears, cable hadn't really hit critical penetration, and perhaps most importantly no commercial Internet to speak of, much less streaming media.

(Also, the writers these days are way less coked-out than they were in the 80s lol)

• Like Like x 9
  7. Nekoman

Nekoman Well-Known Member

They actually don't have full creative control with Shinkalion, the different rail lines place special rules on the show with regards to how the robots can be portrayed. It's kind of similar to how the car companies made various rules for how Alternators would work in the 2000's. IIRC, most of the trains were banned from flying as robots, for one example.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mbbreviews

mbbreviews cybertonian mechanic/inventor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    still more creative control then they have over transformers right now and still has a wider appeal to there market over transformers

• Like Like x 2
  9. st.ranger

st.ranger Emperor of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So another show cancelled because new movie incoming.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Sideswipe1985

Sideswipe1985 Well-Known Member

Yeah they're really raking in the big bucks with Knuckles, Picard, and fucking Halo, three shows whom set their respective franchises back YEARS in the eyes of the viewers.
    You do know Yellowstone isn't a Paramount+ exclusive, right? It's on cable. You have no argument here, it is objectively a dogshit streaming service on original shows alone.
    Unless you count the load bearing Tulsa King, which isn't even exclusive to Paramount+.

We need a new Unicron Trilogy type series.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Runamuck86

Runamuck86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    kids cant watch a show thats more than 5 minutes anymore 

• Like Like x 1
  12. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For the most part I enjoy the show but It always felt like it had a short story to tell. This never felt like it was set up to have 5 seasons or anything.

• Like Like x 3
  13. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    sadly ? oooooooooooookay

• Like Like x 1
  14. RetrogradeMercury

RetrogradeMercury Well-Known Member

Always disappointing to see older TF fans joyfully rag on newer TF shows and media for their own pettiness. You really can’t tell sometimes if a user here is 12 years-old or 50 by the maturity of their posts.

I don’t like everything about Earthspark but I also realize I’m not in the demographic for kids media so I understand its appeal isn’t based towards me. There are lots of people who work hard on this show and seeing how mean and flippant some of the posts here are is very disappointing. I hope the show crew was able to do as much as it can before it ends.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Denbacoe

Denbacoe Well-Known Member

It's more a matter that Hasbro shouldn't be given reasons on why something failed that aren't factors, especially when it leads to people twisting themselves in knots to justify it. I doubt that a streaming service with 71 million current subscribers is some obscure no name, and while Yellowstone wasn't Paramount+ exclusive, its two prequel spinoffs were and 1923 was the biggest debut on Paramount+ ever. Hasbro had lack of advertising, a bad network choice and a half baked toyline to blame for this and even if the show itself didn't benefit from being on Paramount+, I doubt it's the biggest factor like everyone seems to keep pushing it as.
    Screenshot_20240517-133248.png

16. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ha ha and I’m sure you’ll be right back telling everyone you were mistaken when this becomes official, right? ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  17. justiceg

News Credits:
    yeah, they’re saying it’s sad people were brigading against a non binary character.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Denbacoe

Denbacoe Well-Known Member

With all that I've said though I'd believe the rumors that maybe the show after ES is a One tie in. It wouldn't be the first time a Nickelodeon show got cut down earlier than expected to make way for a feature film and sequel tv show
    upload_2024-5-17_14-6-33.png upload_2024-5-17_14-7-3.png upload_2024-5-17_14-8-31.png

• Like Like x 4
  19. justiceg

News Credits:
    Aside from this being an individual viewpoint disguised as the voice of the majority, what would the shows “setting their franchises back years” have to do with the money they’re making on em?

• Like Like x 1
  20. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot What does God need with a starship?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Who would you trust more on TF related news? Nick Roche or Protomon?