Earthspark Season Two First 9 Episodes Plots

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by RATCHET 208, May 12, 2024.

1. SquawkingtheTalk

SquawkingtheTalk Questioning my love of tf on the astrotrain

I’m only going to disagree with you on one singular thing: Disney+ is actually tanking really hard right now and it’s taking Hulu down with it

• Like Like x 2
  2. That guy named storm

That guy named storm Professional plastic muncher

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Ok but how many people want a subscription service to a grocery store to get free Paramount+

• Like Like x 6
  3. Veridioz

Veridioz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the show but man releasing it on a livestreaming service is a real \" wanting to get rid of it \" kind of move. Show had a lot of potential since a lot of the focus was on actual new characters and we were doing new things to some, Even the good guy megatron was better handled in this show.

• Like Like x 3
  4. DarkAxalonSyde

DarkAxalonSyde Excessively Angry Decepticon

That I 100% agree with.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Purple Heart

Purple Heart I just want to enjoy the things I love in peace

News Credits:
    A lot of people are ignorant to his connections, how long he’s been in the community, and the fact he has a fucking podcast with Aaron Archer.

But, many people do know, and they just don’t care because they either don’t like him or don’t want to believe what he’s saying as it’s not what they want to hear.

• Like Like x 12
  6. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    they made a show that doesn't look visually interesting, barely marketed it and then phoned in the toyline.

i could believe the show is actually really well-written. but from the outside looking in, (the view that kids and the public will naturally have) this show doesn't have much to catch your attention.

• Like Like x 7
  7. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    my dream too and it could kind of feature some of the the best and most favorite characters. You could have season 1 and 2 cast with guys like Hot Rod Blurr, Kup, Arcee, Ultra Magnus , Springer. ect

• Like Like x 3
  8. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde クインテッサ星人

News Credits:
    This definitely needs emphasis: I don't think he's the kind of person to make up insider info / leaks for attention.

• Like Like x 6
  9. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    This has been my biggest problem and concern. There’s a reason why the current generation has such strong nostalgia for the Armada trilogy. Those were the main Transformers toys being produced, so they got the full budget and the full attention. Same with G1, the Beast era, and RID. Since maybe just after Animated, more and more, Hasbro has been trying to do multiple lines all at once, but putting majority of the attention and budget in the stuff aimed at older collectors. So kids growing up with Transformers are growing up with crap. They’re not going to have much nostalgia for these terrible low budget cheap feeling dollar store Transformers.

And as an older collector who is constantly catered to, it’s exhausting. I genuinely miss the days of the main transformers line being something aimed to kids, with a very small curated side line aimed at collectors, like Alternators. Or the book-box reissues.

Last edited: May 17, 2024
    • Like Like x 10
  10. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Endowed Member

Tbf the Nightshade stuff was the only time I heard about this show from anyone outside of this niche community.

Eh?

• Like Like x 1
  11. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    Oh same here

• Like Like x 2
  12. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    LB, I know I've been here as long as you, and I totally agree. I actively look forward to cool versions of new figures from each cartoon series as a way to engage with the current state of the franchise. But good lord half of the cyberverse and most of es are just lowest-denominator toys.

• Like Like x 2
  13. seawatch

seawatch the bad user

I really don’t think the relative failure of this show has anything to do with the jerks who wanted to pick on Nightshade and their VA. Those people are a vocal minority.

There are several reasons I chose not to get into this show and none of them are Nightshade. People need to stop claiming that people who don’t like the show or who critique the writing / direction / themes / tone / art / etc. are automatically bigots or have a bone to pick with one random character.

Edit: I will not be responding to replies to this post, it’s just a sentiment I wanted to get out there.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    Better toys would have definitely help the sales for sure. Or cut back on the quantity and focus on better quality toys

• Like Like x 1
  15. faustmeth

faustmeth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was simply replying to any perceived difference in cash funds between TT and Hasbro that you referred to in your previous post. TT is currently the main sponsor for 5 different shows.
    Takara will not finance a new stand alone Transformers cartoon because, and this might surprise some people, Transformers is not a big brand in Japan. Making a TV show about Duel Masters for 22 years has had a much better ROI. I’ve seen many retailers in Japan stop stocking Transformers toys because they simply don’t sell.

16. Grun Gast

Grun Gast Well-Known Member

I most heartily disagree. Those are fine toys for the intended age audience. I certainly wouldn't buy them for myself or an older child, but for really young kids? They do the job just fine.

That's the main reason I'm a lot more forgiving of gimmick-laden toys when it comes to the child-aimed stuff, since those are designed to appeal to younger kids. I'd be pissed off with a Studio Series toy that came with, like, a powerpunch gimmick that affects the aesthetic or the transformation; for simplified designs meant to be played with by young children, I would understand and accept.

Yes, that's my angle too. I don't like Earthspark, I might even go as far as to say I hate it, but the Flip-changers and Tacticons have been very useful for entertaining the young'uns.

I personally feel the same way in regards to distribution. Like, in the past a show being exclusive to a livestreaming service felt like "this is the only company willing to experiment and put up the money for this show", but nowadays it feels more like "this crap would never be picked up by an actual tv channel or company, so we need to vomit it out online". Wasn't it a meme that Netflix would basically greenlight anything?

Plus, and I apologise in advance if this goes against the earlier warning, I really doubt that Earthspark would be aired on local tv stations the way Prime, Animated or Cyberverse were. As someone who lives in South-East Asia, I really, really doubt many people would care about a slice-of-life thing involving Transformers, and stuff like the pronoun thing wouldn't do it any favours either (considering how many languages around here are already gender-neutral). Thanks to a bunch of stuff, there's a lot of distrust towards kids entertainment from places like the US these days. I think you're more likely to see reruns of Upin and Ipin or Tobots than stuff like Steven Universe or Owl House nowadays, depending on the country.

I think that really hurt the toy sales, since here because the cartoon doesn't air on tv people will will snap up recognisable characters like Bumblebee or Optimus Prime long before they even look at someone like Twitch or Hashtag.

• Like Like x 2
  17. mbbreviews

mbbreviews cybertonian mechanic/inventor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    so while you say 10 episodes isn't a lot, it is more on par with how most Japanese serials are going have you seen most animes unless your One Piece or DBZ or Naruto you ain't getting 52 episodes anymore with on average 13 to 16 episodes. let's look at it another way also takara hasn't needed Transformers to be their primary robo series since the launch and created one of their most successful lines of all time with Shinkalion a line they have true creative control, maybe the reason Takara isn't pushing transformers as they used too is because they lack creative control on aspects like the shows and other media and to get around that they just created something better for their market

18. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I'm still waiting on a show that's outsourced to Sunrise studios. A new anime series of high quality would be incredibly refreshing, and Sunrise is capable of creating good character-driven series in a span of 24 episodes.

We still get shows with 50+ episodes, it's just not the norm. The last show that I recall being this long was Digimon Ghost Game which ended 1 or 2 years ago and Shaman King in 2021.

Last edited: May 17, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hit dogs holler

1: it's been so long since we had a good old fashioned HE TELL ME shitshow
    2: It's entirely plausible that EarthSpark is ending after two seasons because that's just how the streaming model works these days - lots of shows on these platforms get two and then they're done (thinking immediately about Altered Carbon and the MST3K relaunch). This is partially due to how the contracts worked before last year's writers/actors strikes, where streaming shows were IIRC done at a reduced rate for the first two years and then everyone working on the show gets paid more in the third season and beyond. I can't be certain that's a factor, but it would not surprise me. Less "the ratings were bad" and more "It wasn't successful enough to warrant paying everyone significantly more money for a third season."

(this is why Cyberverse used scab voice actors lol)

EDIT TO ADD: Here's a link to a piece that explains the math.

• Like Like x 4
  20. seawatch

seawatch the bad user

I think there’s a pretty big chunk of the fanbase on the same page. Additionally, the Japanese audience for Transformers has been dwindling and a nice 24-episode anime would probably do wonders for raising interest in the brand over there again. Additionally, consider the number of general anime fans in America who might get into the brand if it had another anime, especially one of considerable quality with figures to match.

• Like Like x 3