Earthspark Season Two First 9 Episodes Plots

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by RATCHET 208, May 12, 2024.

1. FlintandStone

FlintandStone Well-Known Member

I wonder if Earthspark would've done better if it was released on YouTube weekly
    Like, not everyone uses ad blocker, there's a good chance they would've made a ton of ad revenue off the show compared to Paramount+ right?
    And it's a way bigger potential audience than your typical streaming service.

• Like Like x 2
  2. BethCyra

BethCyra I NEED MP BiG CONVOY (Rumored)

Earthspark for all its faults, its failure is partly due to Paramount +.

Far to many companies went in on streaming services and many fandoms/shows will feel the sting not just EarthSpark.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dark Starscream

Dark Starscream Defender of Beast Machines and Clone Wars

Ok, I went in too hard with my last reply.

I see your point. If they're not going to do a continuation of G1, then at least give us new characters with all new names and a new scenario, like Beast Wars did.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    So Cyberverse being on Youtube was a good call on Hasbro.

From what I gather People want a cool TF show that warrants Generation Quality Toy treatment from the start.
    What are Kids Watching?
    What products are kids buying?
    Heck AAA Video Games aren't doing as well.

We need a new "Transformers Animated", it shall be Called "Transformers Anime", written and designed somewhere outside of the U.S.; not Japan, they like to go heavy on Gimmicks and Puns.

5. Venomus Rodimus

Venomus Rodimus Well-Known Member

Is this the rumored Transformers: 86 cartoon circling the web atm?  JK.

• Like Like x 1
  6. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Older fans agree with you about bay version for NEW FANS bay version is there g1 how they got introduced to transformers in first older fans refuse see hood bay version with transformers if g1 was still transformers be in same level as thundercats if g1 was so good bumblebee would have billion easy

yes should have g1 still around as reboot powerglide ride wooden NOT breaking 20 ton weight riding on it, humans go to cybertron not in space suits not float away on cybertron there is no water no trees no air , autobot hound need air mask to save drowning spike underwater he lives on planet out in space, grimlock wear stupid apron serving drinks and food , Daniel more annoying than spike as kid looks for ultra magnus father for his birthday , people complain about wheelie rhyme talk jazz and blaster talk in rhyme, Optimus playing stupid basket ball, soundwave take over disco dance bar, decpeticons getting drunk on energon way to go g1.

g1 is dead with new transformers series there some references sometimes how they look g1 people hate movies cry complain about movies so much they love buy movie toys contradict your self much hate movies but buy toys from movies if g1 was still around we never ever get have beast wars series , armada , energon , car robots , transformers prime , aniamted do what transformers do best learn accept change and adopt with change stick with g1 years we never get beast wars cartoons toys no scourage who is knock off repaint of Optimus prime.,

movies did what g1 never could do took people turned them into fans comics video games toys never do that live action movies did that is something be proud of win for transformers fans and both sequels back to back made billion besides stupid avatar how many movie series can you name made billion back to back sequels under 4 as transformers fan if those 2 things in life is not something to be proud of feel sad for you and older fans who think same way

7. Grun Gast

Grun Gast Well-Known Member

I have to admit that part of the reason I don't care that Earthspark is (rumoured to be) going away is because I just haven't consumed much "Western" media anymore, be it films, comics, cartoons, video games... I'm just way too jaded, especially because I got so sick of creatives being angry that people weren't buying into their stuff even if that stuff wasn't all that appealing. The other major reason is, as I mentioned, I really found the artstyle off-putting.

But another big reason is because I was disappointed with the toyline. I similarly wasn't all that into Cyberverse, but I liked the toys enough that I bought quite a few (e.g. the Deluxe classes with the effect parts, the Flip-changers), and hoping that Hasbro would see Cyberverse as enough of a success to warrant either a rerun of certain toys or produce more of them. I so desperately wanted an articulated Repugnus or more Sharkticons.

In comparison, I actively disliked the toy designs of the Terrans, and I was turned off because from what I saw on the shelves a good number seemed to be redecos of Cyberverse toys I'd already bought. Admittedly I got the same impression from a number of Rise Of The Beasts toys, but the RoTB toys were at least backed by the film whereas Earthspark doesn't air here where I live. The only toys I think I found "worthwhile" were the smaller ones aimed for small children (Flip-changers, Tacticons), and as I've mentioned that's primarily because I have little nephews and nieces who'd be into them. An Earthspark Shockwave that's basically a Cyberverse Shockwave they already have just isn't worth the money.

And I really felt Megatron in particular felt "dinky". Like he was too small as a Deluxe, you know?

Last edited: May 16, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Rob

Rob Fanatic Films Supporter: Optimus Prime reborn!!!

News Credits:
    That would be cool. Or they can have a short season with Invincible style animation AND the first Energon universe story arc.

9. Starsqueak

Starsqueak Well-Known Member

Even if this isn't true, usually Transformer series' don't last much longer than, like, 2 or 3 complete seasons.

While there are some aspects of this show I liked (for example, it actually made me care about Tarantulas for the first time, and seemingly actually trying to do something sorta interesting with Starscream for the first time since, what, Armada?), I feel very "meh" about Earthspark.

I kinda wanted to keep watching just to see what was happening with the Decepticons, but I really can't get myself to.
    Not because I can't stand the show, but I just can't really get myself to sit down and watch it when there's so many other shows I'd much rather be watching.
    Like, it's difficult to care?

But then, that's basically every Western TF show (other than Sunbow) for me. No matter how many I try, I just can't get into them. I guess I only really like Transformers when it's anime. Too bad we'll probably never get another one, but you can't say I never gave the western made ones a chance.

Just my personal opinion, though.

• Like Like x 2
  10. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i would go apeshit for this, not gonna lie.

• Like Like x 1
  11. weevil

weevil CHUG Fan!

News Credits:
    Hoping for Transformers 86 like X-men 97.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Venomus Rodimus

Venomus Rodimus Well-Known Member

So too would my older brother and me.

13. Rob

Rob Fanatic Films Supporter: Optimus Prime reborn!!!

News Credits:
    That would be cool. Although we kind of already have that via Fanatic Films (see my signature for details :)  )

I think doing a miniseries based on Skybound's current run would be a bit more synergistic and a worthwhile investment. It wouldn't be a huge commitment (10-12 episodes) and it kind of works in conjunction with the G1ficatiom of the live action movies.

14. Tetratron

Tetratron AEColyte

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Coming from the poster who had type "this is a WAR FRANCHISE" in all caps and ranting about people on tumblr, I'll take that as a compliment.

• Like Like x 10
  15. mbbreviews

mbbreviews cybertonian mechanic/inventor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Honestly re hashing G1 again like X-Men 97 is dumb just let Takara take over for the next 10 years and give us something interesting

16. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Isn’t that just the Japanese G1 cartoon? Takara kept going with the continuity for a while as far as I remember.

• Like Like x 7
  17. GhostNappa37

GhostNappa37 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've always been partial to the idea of remaking the 86 film. Not just shot-for-shot, but actually adding new scenes to fix a lot of the gaps in the narrative. There's definitely a lot of material about Hot Rod feeling guilt over getting Prime killed and whatnot that would really help to flesh out some of these characters. That and bothering to explain why the Matrix even does anything to Unicron. They'd probably do it in 3D today.

18. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Yes, probably by the same people who excitingly are going to the theater this weekend only to be disappointed that 1/3rd of the people at the table read are too old to still do their parts while the other 2/3rds of the people at the table are new replacement voice actors because most of our beloved Sunbow cast are now dead.

I don't think Takara could finance another cartoon even if they wanted to, which they probably don't because it's easier and cheaper to let Hasbro handle all of that while they regulate their limited fiction to a manga artist who probably is a big enough Transformers fan that he may have been willing to make those pack-in comics for free.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Rodimus Maximus

Rodimus Maximus Liege Ultimo

G1-86 era cartoon would certainly get my Middle-aged butt in front of the screen again. Given the popularity of X-Men 87, I can see how the creators would want to get on the band-wagon. Colour me intrigued!

20. JomasterII

JomasterII The Space Consultant from Jolo

News Credits:
    It's over... it's over?! LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 4