Earthrise Soundbarrier.

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Dann86, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know most think ah the little ramp bot, but in hand he is really quite cool.

The transformation although simple is very solid and none of the parts come loose once tabbed in, actually it can be difficult to undo the legs at times.

The paint apps are really good for someone so small and the translucent plastic really sets the figure off well.

When connected in the AIR lock ports he is very solid and shows no signs of drooping under his own weight.

The effect part is very well done its like the one that comes with the recent Black series Star wars Stormtrooper set albeit on a smaller scale. It shows more detailing than a lot of the Siege one. I for one am glad they are still being included.

As a shield he works well I currently have him with Red Alert but hes a little loose in the forearm 5mm hole but still sits secure enough, no issue in the shoulder 5mm port but that could just be my RA that has slightly bigger holes.

Overall he is a solid figure and a welcome addition to the battlemasters in my opinion in the flesh this little rampformer really is more than meets the eye (sorry I had too hahaha) IMG_20200210_214248_655.jpg 20200210_130537.jpg 20200210_093958.jpg 20200210_093857.jpg 20200210_093832.jpg 20200210_093828.jpg 20200210_093743.jpg 20200210_093736.jpg 20200210_093730.jpg 20200210_093323.jpg 20200210_093319.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  2. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can't wait for mine: thanks to friends wanting Smashdown I've been able to order two of the Earthrise Battlemaster w1 sets from InDemand Toys so will have some fun with Soundbarrier, Astrotrain and Omega Supreme later in the week.

I'm hoping for MORE rampmasters, not just repaints and different mouldy, but ones functionally different allowing for connections on the side or even, dare to hope, official Titans Return & original Micromaster ramp adaptors.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Judging by the recent leak one looks to be a 4 way interchange which looks cool.

I want more of him but not so much smashdown so waiting to see him in stores

• Like Like x 2
  4. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was less sure about the 4 way one would function like that but maybe now I've blown it up in size ......

49476330581_8aaf0b5afb_o.jpg

Here's Soumdbarrier's Amazon page Just In Case they ever decide to stock him.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZQXQ6R6

• Like Like x 4
  5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Someone got a bit too into that whole "planking" fad. It's no longer just a meme for him. It's a way of life.

Keep him away from karate masters.

• Like Like x 3
  6. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    im gonna end up owning so many of this guy.

probably a good thing this is wave one and will be crazy overstocked; I really don't mind owning a bunch of ramps for enhancing cities

• Like Like x 4
  7. Codeveronicaxxx

Codeveronicaxxx Goddomasuta member

News Credits:
    I have a target master but I really only use his effects piece but at least with this guy he would be useful! I am excited for rampformers.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm To Infinity - and Your Mom TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I can see Ramp Boy as fun for those who want to expand and connect the various base modes of toys that use the connection system, maybe even troop-build them to make longer roads or ramps, but if your interest in that is limited, you might be more like me, and find this toy lamey-lame-lame-lamey-lame. It turns into a rectangle, basically just unfold the back panel and peg the limbs in place to keep them still. Flip out a peg, and it's a 'sheild'. Lay him on his face, maybe connect the end to something, and it's a section of road. It's not even a very good piece of road, as it has an effect-part-attachment-wart and a large dividing hinge making for a very bumpy ride for any hypothetical vehicle that wants to drive over it. Otherwise... It looks okay, I guess. Blue, white and silver is always pretty IMO.

(I don't think I'll be getting many Earthrise Road-Bots. the repack of Smashdown was pretty kewl though.)

• Like Like x 7
  9. Nemesis Scourge

Nemesis Scourge Unicron's finest

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Still undecided on how many I will get. Depends on how "exciting" the other ramps will get.

But since I will get every base in ER at least two times... I will have to get an army of Soundbarriers

• Like Like x 2
  10. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    I was kinda hoping that the other "battlemaster" or whatever they're calling them now would be little buildings or cranes or such to add to the connected buildings and stuff. Ramps are okayI guess though.

• Like Like x 1
  11. misterd

misterd Multifaceted nerd

I can't think of a less exciting alt mode.

"I got a plane!"
    "I got a race car!"
    "I got a ramp."

• Like Like x 5
  12. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mini hoverboard if ya use your imagination lol. Would look better with 2 of him. IMG_20200211_170954_463.jpg IMG_20200211_170954_470.jpg IMG_20200211_170954_462.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  13. ziltama

ziltama Lurks, mods, molds, and casts

News Credits:
    Per request and copied from EAT thread: (merged multiple posts)

Soundbarrier:
    "Yes, I'm a thing."
    [​IMG]

He's simply a bot with a ramp on the back. The bot itself looks nice. The joints are good and stay in place. Head does not rotate. Arms have blast effects port. There are blast effect ports on the blaster / missile launcher looking things on the ramp sides. Like most other battle masters, this one also suffers from no elbows and no knees.

Shield mode. Has pew pews on the tapered sides. This actually can pass off as a shield. The small opaque orange blast effect is what he comes with. Wish it came with multiple instead of just one.
    [​IMG]

Looks better than Ironwork's A.I.R. Lock ramp panels when connecting bases.
    [​IMG]

Optimus Prime's trailer cannot connect to Omega Supreme without lifting the wheels off the ground. An extra ramp helps. Yep, he's just looking at the floor.
    [​IMG]

Is he worth paying more than MSRP $6 for him? If $1-2 higher and you like base building, then yeah. Otherwise, no. I paid $1 above MSRP.

"I'm free!"
    [​IMG]

This is Soundbarrier after being 'freed' from his, um, barrier. There's no screws. There's a pin holding all 3 main parts together. The pin came out rather easily for me. I just used a precision star tip that was smaller than the pin and pushed that into the smooth end (since plastic is clear, you can see where the nurled end is easily and push from the other side). Without the pin, the bot is only held into place with a standard 3mm peg and port (where I put the blast effect).

"Soundbarrier, my old friend, we have finally freed you from the captivity of your ramps. You will be all..."
    [​IMG]

"Arrrrrgh!" Yes, he's empty from the back.
    [​IMG]

The ramp pieces like this are usable as long as you put the pin back in, however, without the bot there, the middle section won't be as stable.

He has 3mm ports on his arms, which are not the typical size for blast effects. However, any 3mm peg will fit, including his own ramps and any previous micro master / prime master accessories.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  14. AutobotStrider

AutobotStrider Well-Known Member

Love this little sub line of ramps, it's a great idea. These two look like Decepticons which could be interesting. As far as this guy is concerned I want a good few of him. Will probably be a repaint down the road so might try and buy 4 - 6

15. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    "What would you be without your ramps Rampo?"
    "Time to find out!"

16. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ta, appreciated, that moved my understanding of the figure on a bit!

Time for some double Rampmaster fun:

image.jpeg

They attach fine end to opposite end as a road

image.jpeg

And indeed end to same end

image.jpeg

End to end, with one of them the other way up doesn't work

image.jpeg

The teeth on the AIRLock clip don't match

image.jpeg

With the legs folded down two Soundbarriers can form a free standing bridge

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Here's Astrotrain linking to it

image.jpeg

As a sloped ramp there's a bit of a clearance issue with the feet at the bottom end of the ramp

image.jpeg

But he's fine with the head at the bottom end of the ramp

image.jpeg

As attaching to Astrotrain's base shows

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 17
  17. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    I love how they turned Micromaster ramps into a guy who doubles as a shield. It feels like their inner kid said "I wish my toys could use the ramps as shields" so they did.

Also if there was a 5mm compatible Railspike I'd make this guy his Battle Master partner

• Like Like x 1
  18. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, this looks fun.

19. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Any pics of CJ on Soundbarrier, surfing?

20. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No Cliffjumper yet, sorry.