Earthrise Snapdragon!

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by convoy84, Jul 25, 2020.

1. evenstaves

evenstaves you maverick renegade

Finally opened my "best" copy day or two ago, gave up the ghost on finding a better one (watch it happen now)
    his eye visor is good/perfect for me; his mouthplate has some slight fraying around the edges, figure maybe can touch up the mouthplate easier than the visor (less sunken in) if I really get bothered by it

Anyways!

Bot is fun, switched to plane once (not gonna try opening those canopy doors), then immediately to "boxy kaiju" mode and he's been eating dinner with us since
    I attempted all the transformations with no instructions, so my 1st attempt at dargon had that whole "back panel is higher up" look seen earlier in this thread - only later realized it shuffles further down, looking at back of the box
    I absolutely love his little dino forearms, always have them turned inwards to suggest a scheming look (don't know why more people aren't doing that w/ Kingdom Dinobot)

Yeah the jaw thing is weird, but at least they took a good faith stab at approximating Krunk's G1 aesthetic
    G1 Snapdragon is a fig I had back when I was a kid, so I really love these guys, and ER Krunk here brings me a lot of joy
    That little dude I lost one of the arm off of, now a cute little TitanMaster with so much unique sculpting and paint!
    Plus my G1 Krunk's knees got blown out pretty fast, so every dino mode was always hanging open slack-jawed - so I like having an SD that can actually close his damn mouth, lol

Wish they had painted in the "dino eyes" on SD's cheeks, but I get why they skipped it since they "aren't his dino eyes anymore"

I would say the ONE THING I haven't liked about this figure since the early renders? the whole "plane nose is the two legs" that everyone seems to be praising
    "gets rid of the nosecone backpack" yeah, and you've got a big ugly split right down the middle of the previously clean plane nose - with very obvious "here's where the paint ends on the painted clear plastic" edges, that (apparently) chips easily to boot, especially where the dino tail bends to rest on the ground in dargon mode (granted many people are posing him with the tail "up", solving this issue)
    I just think the G1 nose was a lot cleaner; you could see Krunk in the cockpit easily, and I miss that

Siege Apeface is currently packed away, but I'm gonna dig him out again, monster brothers! Teeth and stuff, wicked!

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. GAUGE

GAUGE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    wait, there's a flaw? :eek:  but but but. I saw no flaws on mine. He's KEWL!!! :D 

3. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not one of those "failure point" design flaws (although he does have one, in how tightly the cockpit piece clip closed. It's better to split the cockpit and put the Titanmaster in that way, rather than trying to open the cockpit, or you'll very likely break something). We were just talking about his restricted elbow articulation range.

• Like Like x 1
  4. GAUGE

GAUGE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    Cockpit i have no issues with thankfully on mine. Yeah reptile mode elbows are a little disappointing but thankfully not enough to put off how fun he is to pose in that mode.

• Like Like x 3
  5. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    The right side cockpit piece opens easily on mine, but the left-side piece is locked down solid that I'm afraid to break it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I had Apeface and wanted Snaps as a kid in the 80s, so I’m digging these updates since they’re pretty faithful.

Am hoping double jointed elbows becomes the next thing like ankle tilts were.
    It’s time for every fig to have them by now.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    I prefer offset single joints as per the current slate of Masterpieces.

Double-joints are a cludge. They don't mimic natural range of motion.

Offset joints also don't necessarily require extra parts, so they better fit with the more budget-conscious modern design ethos.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ZetaKai1219

ZetaKai1219 New Member

My copy arrived today and the thigh joints were misassembled like this, meaning that it can't be configured into it's jet mode. Pain.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
  9. Tigatron01

Tigatron01 Well-Known Member

You got 2 right thigh joints, no fix for that. If it bothers you id suggest getting an exchange or refund