Earthrise Snapdragon!

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by convoy84, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Philister

Philister Teutonicons Rising!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Uh... you're welcome?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Spicytron

Spicytron Well-Known Member

I mean, I sort of get what you're saying, but honestly they were going for G1 accuracy. Hasbro would have had to field more complaints if the made the face different as opposed to based off of the G1 face.

3. Capperclawed

Capperclawed ~~ Head-ON! ~~

^ Bumping this since i havent seen an answer yet and i got the same question

4. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I think it's just a molding thing to account for the hinge joint on the other side. Like the rectangular slot on a ball joint socket. It doesn't have any other purpose that I can see.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Decepticon Shockwave

Decepticon Shockwave Member

anti stress for the plastic and opening to let air pass when they plug in the articulation

• Like Like x 2
  6. LZSchneider

LZSchneider Well-Known Member

I finally got this toy and boy oh boy what a letdown. I spent $40 on him all told and that was my first mistake. My 2nd mistake was expecting a character named Snapdragon to have a big, bold, and badass dragon mode. But he feels insignificant in dragon mode, unworthy of his price and the WFC branding.

From the way the poorly designed lower jaw looks like Snapdragon was malnourished in the womb, to the thick, stiff tail with no articulation besides the tip, he doesn't feel up to the same standard the other WFC toys. Miss me with the "G1 accurate" excuse, because all the other WFC toys are G1 accurate to varying degrees while keeping modern standards of engineering and style.

The jet mode looks fine. When images of this toy surface I legit thought he turned into a badass yacht or speedboat, but no, he's a copyright-safe SR-71 spy plane. Great.

Robot mode is also ok with very un-WFC elbow joints that don't allow a full 90 degree bend, and a look that screams PW's ugly-to-me aesthetic and not the cool, chunky WFC style. The only thing about this guy that I REALLY like is his color pallet and the fact he has three modes (even if each mode is worse than the last lol).

I think if I picked him up for a price closer to $30 I'd be less disappointed. I might just do that or hope to snag him at Ross for 12 bucks or so.

7. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Like this one a lot. The jet mode definitely hangs together better than Apeface’s, though the dragon mode is slightly weak (though it hews nicely to the original toy) and the jaw attachment is tricky.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  8. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So yeah, I’m convinced that the better arm placement of the headmaster is not up into the eyes but down filling out the jaw.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Makarov

Makarov Well-Known Member

I accidentally bought two copies of this guy, but on the bright side I realized that since he's a headmaster I can swap heads maybe add some paint and make some new character out of him.

10. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible TFW2005 Supporter

Just saw this posted on Reprolabels FB page:
    upload_2020-10-5_2-2-59.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  11. illithid

illithid Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks like a case of manhandling the toy since the pegs cleanly snapped in half. I don't think that will happen if you hold the dino/dragon head with one hand while trying to plug to headmaster.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Space Skeletor

Space Skeletor On umpteenth levels of outdated memes.

I'm impressed that it wasn't just the smaller peg that broke. All that's happened to me is the head being misaligned with the connector and gouging out some of the purple paint at the face's chin.

Mine feels fine, but I can imagine that the breakage might happen if it's too tight where the beast head meets the purple neck, adding stress that'll make any awkward finger leveraging for headmaster connecting and disconnecting disastrous. It may be worth unscrewing it a little or disassembling it (may have to crack the glue at the nose) and loosening that connection, maybe a pass or two with some sandpaper, to save on heartache (and while you're at it trim the retention tabs on the black connector inside).

13. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

WTH dude. Why you gotta throw up a world wide warning when you just broke your toy bro?

I mean..I didnt go call the world back in 82' when I broke the thumb off my straight arm Zap did I?? I cried like a lil bitch but I didnt grab the phone book bro...

These guys crack me up

• Like Like x 2
  14. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible TFW2005 Supporter

upload_2020-10-5_8-48-13.jpeg

;) 

• Like Like x 5
  15. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I assumed they were trying to alert people to what they see as a potential weak spot in the toy that could become a common breakage point, like the current issue with Earthrise Smokescreen's gun.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I'm rather curious as to how folk are snapping off the barrel like that, besides unfortunate drops/impacts the break point would seem to indicate they're manipulating the gun by the barrel rather than the body which seems, ah...not the best practice when it comes to a long thin small piece of plastic that is not designed to be a lever?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I could actually see that happening, it takes a stupid amount of force to get the headmaster in and out of its port for dinosaur mode.

18. iamdarthyoshi

iamdarthyoshi This is where the fun begins

I got my Snapdragon late since I live overseas with an APO, so finally got the chance to open my copy and mess with him. I noticed that the left wing pieces don't align evenly with one another - almost as if the back wing is sitting too high. I double checked to make sure everything was tabbed in correctly, but it always ends with this same result. Am I missing a step, or is this just a case of bad QC that can be fixed via sanding? Not a HUGE deal, but it's definitely noticeable when compared to the opposite wing.

Attached Files:

19. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

You haven't got the elbow rotated right. Untab the forearm and rotate round a few more degrees.

• Like Like x 1
  20. iamdarthyoshi

iamdarthyoshi This is where the fun begins

Oh. Uhh...that did the trick. Didn't notice I was able to rotate that part :p  All good now - thanks!

• Like Like x 4