Earthrise Sky Lynx Wing Fix?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by YukatanJack, Sep 14, 2020.

1. YukatanJack

YukatanJack Robot Enjoyer

Forgive me if this has been covered, but I just miraculously found Commander Class Sky Lynx at retail and snapped it up... only to be horribly disappointed by the way the wings tab in -- or more accurately fail to tab in -- in shuttle mode.

It seems like they're SUPPOSED to lock into the little tab on the folded up bird feet, but they just... don't. And while there are loud clicky ratchets all over this toy, the top joint of the wing is a very weak friction joint, so the shuttle wings just droop sadly with nothing holding them in place.

Is there something I'm missing, or is this just a massive design whiff? Has anybody figured out a fix?

2. heltskelt

heltskelt Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    In mine, they remain secured if I tilt the wing at a higher angle when coming into the peg, and then flatten it. It’s the swivel joint that keeps popping off for me.

And, it’s been discussed here: WFC Earthrise Commander Class Sky lynx

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  3. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Sad Derpfester Noises

News Credits:
    You could try some ptfe or plumbers tape to try and thicken things.

4. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just had to force mine in pretty hard to get them to snap. Watch a youtube video or two, but they definitely snap in solidly in shuttle mode.

5. YukatanJack

YukatanJack Robot Enjoyer

Based on the advice in the other thread (which for whatever reason didn't come up when I searched before making this thread -- sorry guys), I found that if you rock the wings up and down onto the peg, they'll lock in, albeit at a slightly-upturned angle. The instructions just show them pressing straight in, and that definitely doesn't work.

6. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ... That's what the real space shuttle's wings look like.

7. Teletran1982

Teletran1982 Active Member

I had to perform surgery on mine. Shaved a little of the plastic away from each of the joints where the tabs lock in. Just a few think shavings. Works fine now and locks into place.

It definitely annoyed me, as an 80 dollar toy should work properly upon opening, but ‍♂️