Earthrise Prowl

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Torque, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    So got these guys today, thought I'd do a quick review!

Robot Mode

[​IMG]

He looks really good! Very posable (i wish the door wings could move, but that's me). The legs are hollow and the little piece that swings down pops out easily, but pops back in just as easily. I'm a little worried about the clear plastic for the knees, and them being hollow means you can see through them, which bugs me a bit, but overall he's great. Not the biggest fan of the headsculpt, I like the Siege one better, and they didnt do a great job painting the head crest on mine (lots of red splotches got onto the head, but overall out of sight). I'm personally not a fan of the feet on him, but it works well enough.

Robot Mode Score: A- But I'm kind of picky

Vehicle Mode

[​IMG]

This is why I even bought the figure (plus I wanted Ironhide) The datsun-esque police car is fantastic, his light bar does wonders to hide that giant hole in the top, and on my copy I don't have the issue where they dont connect, everything is smooth and buttery and everything I want from Prowl

Vehicle Mode Score: A+ There's nothing I would want to change

Overall: Solid A I really enjoy this figure, but I think i would oddly enjoy him more if the Siege one didnt exist. Not his fault, but it bugs me that they made choices i like on the two separate figures.

EDIT:: Also, it's subtle, but he had a different chest piece/bumper than Smokescreen-Prowl's is thinner, resulting in higher-from-the-ground vehicle, which is interesting. It makes him look a bit sleeker, while the other is thicker.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 12
  2. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    20201101_184951.jpg 20201101_185136.jpg 20201101_185143.jpg 20201101_185151.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  3. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I did really like the Siege version and kind of wrote it off as a "eh, close enough to Earth car" thing. But this improves upon it in a lot of ways, while leaving the previous an able Cybertronian mode.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    Also noticed on others pics and not just mine, Prowl does have alignment issues as well. The legs don't quite have enough space to collapse down all the way in alt mode.

5. Shlockwave

Shlockwave a.k.a Moronmaster

News Credits:
    Getting my set tomorrow! Super pumped!

Prowl has always been a favorite Autobot, design-wise, to me. The black and white contrast, the car-front chest and the door-wings give him a great silhouette. I also love the red crest, that makes me think of the classic-style Japanese robots cliche' like Gundam. It's too bad he was underutilized in the original cartoon. I have the original, the classics/Universe, Alternators, the MP, Siege and soon this mold. I might have to do the head swap with Siege...

6. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Anyone tried headswapping the Earthrise head sculpt with the Siege one?

The Siege head sculpt is clearly Prowl, while the Earthrise is Bluestreak.

7. Yoshimon7

Yoshimon7 Potion Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 2
  8. illithid

illithid Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IMG_20201103_051056.jpg Did a headswap, painted silver thighs on top of other small details. Truly a mini masterpiece!

• Like Like x 7
  9. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Wish this was still available from amazon. It’s bullshit that they sell out preorders then disappear.

sitting here with only two out of the three Datsun bros, kinda frustrating.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm having some trouble slotting his doors onto the forearm tabs in vehicle mode. Anybody got any suggestions?

11. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    How silly it was available to order for four months without problem! Such a tiny window! :confused: 

Anyway, mine arrived today and I realized for the first time I forgot to include the "in a box" option so it came with just the packing sticker on it. Ironically it came with my pre-order of Runamuck who came in a separate box.

My first exposure to the Earthrise mold and I do get what they're going for and I give them full marks; this is very much the original, but refreshed and articulated. However, having it in hand now I can't say if you had any SIEGE figure it's worth the upgrade unless you really want "Earth" forms. I never got around to getting Prowl virtually any of the time (I got CW Prowl on clearance), but with my goal of having the '84/'85 Cast in neo-toy form as an endgame collection goal, here I am. However, I don't feel the need at all to replace the car guys I have, that's for sure.

I did have a minor spot of QC, it took some finagling to get the tabs that the shoulders plug into on the torso to align and slot/peg in, out of the box they weren't slotted in and it took some effort to get the flex so that it did lock in place, though I will say that really improved the stability in robot mode!

Personally, I gave mine the shoulder cannons from Siege Bluestreak, as my Bluestreak has the repro-label replacement missiles, to better emulate the original profiles launchers.

Overall, I'm quite glad to have the set, though if I had a good version of either figure beforehand, I wouldn't have found it to be such a strong purchase.

12. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    No, the pre-orders sold out quickly.

13. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Really? Even two weeks ago it was up for pre-order, was almost every time I had checked to see if the street date had changed. Maybe it was a Prime thing?

14. JT-bob

JT-bob Autobum

Ebay:
    Push the forearms out into the door slots. It's finicky but you will be able to move things into place a lot easier than trying it the other way.

15. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It sucks to miss out but while for whatever reason, the figures did not easily show up in a generic search and you had to use a direct link the preorder was not sold out for the longest time.

- I placed my first order July 17th. Had a heck of a time finding the order even then.
    - After that I would occassionaly look up it's availability. Heck, if I searched for Ramjet & Dirge I was hitting it more often. Site was hard to search for but figures were never sold out.
    - I placed a second order on October 24th. So the pre-orders WERE available for at lest three months.

----

For the doors the elbows may be a little tight at first. I twist it a little to straighten it out and then once straight I push the forearms into the door slots.

16. TheBeastman

TheBeastman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Out of curiosity, is it possible to swap heads (like, even with modding) with CW Prowl? I love that head, and don't have the siege one.

17. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have the same problem but only on one side.

18. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I’m not going to be rude to you, but your communications skills need some work.

if you can’t understand why it’s messed up that a mass market item isn’t available other than as a preorder, then I really don’t know what to say to you.

• Like Like x 4
  19. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    I got mine yesterday and didn't realize until I took it out of the package that he doesn't include shoulder cannons, unlike his brothers. WHY?

* flips table *

• Like Like x 1
  20. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cartoon accuracy.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6