Earthrise Prowl/Ironhide And Ramjet/Dirge Sets Revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shin Densetsu, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't remember this level of debate when Siege Reflector incorporated a new shield that wasn't seen before, built of alt mode parts, in order to have a screen-accurate robot mode silhouette with less kibble and great articulation.

Maybe I missed it?

• Like Like x 12
  2. IronPrime2169

IronPrime2169 Well-Known Member

Jesus, people are still complaining about the shield? Sure, partsforming isn’t liked by everyone. However, this is still a mainline KIDS toy. They need playability and easy transformations. And a shield for a robot is awesome for a child to play with. Sure, HasTak have made the mainlines more adult oriented, but fact of the matter is, aside from this incredibly dedicated fan base, which I am proudly a part of, most of these figures are bought by a kid telling their parent that it looks cool, or a parent buying something for their kid! A perfect place to complain about something like parts forming is the higher end figures. I personally don’t own any, but that would be outrageous! In the main lines, compromises for playability have and will be made. That’s why they have a masterpiece line, for the dedicated collectors who DESERVE accuracy, because that’s what they are paying for. Main lines are just cheaper figures, and while iron hide should never be hot pink for the sake of playability, if he’s a good solid figure that sells, then Hasbro will continue to make him. Also, I do kinda dig the shield, but giving it to Ironhide, who in my interpretation of the character, would never dare to use one, is a little dumb,. But if it’s not made up of the wheels or the front,of the van, then it’s cool with me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    To be fair Reflector has always had camera chunks lying around.

With Ironhide it's Hasbro telling us they can't or no longer care to just make the toy do what the Siege one, the CW one, and even the loathed Universe one were all able to do without issue.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Reflectors shield is used in order to make the "secret" camera mode if you have three of them. It's quite different from using a new part to help hide the obvious retool.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Or it could be Hasbro's way of saying that the only way they could make an ER Ironhide was to make it with this compromise. Hasbro was not going to make a brand new mold for Ironhide in Earthrise and the only way they could squeeze him into Earthrise release schedule was to make him a remold of Siege IH.

Or this was a toy designers legitimate attempt to homage the original G1 figure's sled feature while also providing a secondary shield function. Melee weapons and armor as extra accessories have been going on since PotP and severely expanded in Siege and ER. It's kind of a thing.

It just depends on how you look at things. Hasbro is cheap, lazy and talentless. Or... Hasbro is making creative choices that homage the past and compliment existing play patterns and themes.

Looking at all of the "Siege Retools" we're getting in Earthrise (Megatron, Soundwave, Ironhide, who else am I missing?), I'm only bothered by Megatron since it looks the most similar to Siege version. I can't wait for Ironhide to arrive.

• Like Like x 12
  6. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    I'm as anti-partsforming as they come (to the point where I'm passing on Arcee, Elita and probably BB because of it), but I'm willing to cut Ironhide some slack because:
    #1. His "shield" actually involves some transformation, not matter how simple it is.
    #2. They remolded the Siege "Cybertronian box on wheels" into something that impressively resembles his G1 Earth mode. - I'd actually be less forgiving if he was an all-new mold, because they should be able to figure it out, but starting with the base they did, he's pretty impressive.
    and
    #3. I've been waiting for a good G1 Ironhide since the Universe 2.0 one came out. he was crap. with a smurf face. The CW version isn't really Ironhide (but it's been my stand in) the Seige version, the chest is all the wrong shapes and proportions (too vertical, too narrow) the new Van front seems solve the proportion issues nicely. Most of the Earthrise Partsformers are easier to skip because there's older, better (Classics Bumblebee) or nearly as good (T30 Arcee) versions that don't have to partsform. Funny thing is, with Siege and Uni 2.0, I bought Ratchet because he's the character I like more, but both those molds were so bad I couldn't bring myself to buy again ~ so I've always wanted a good Ironhide.

Not saying I like it, but I can hang with it to finally have a decent representation of Ironhide and Ratchet. (who I hope we get to see one of these days!)

• Like Like x 3
  7. Nickster563

Nickster563 Bring back the Universe line!

Ratchet is coming in selects, we have a listing for him.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I was going to post that I was hoping we'd get Ratchet too. This is a relief! :) 

• Like Like x 2
  9. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    oh yeah, I know, I just meant I want to ACTUALLY see him :D 

• Like Like x 1
  10. jignat

jignat Well-Known Member

A glimpse of Bluestreak and Ratchet would be like entering heaven now.

• Like Like x 5
  11. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks! Appreciate the insight. Looks like modification on the ER neck post will be needed.

12. flik68

flik68 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got my thundercracker/skywarp set in the mail today to go with my starscream. I love the mold and can't wait for the three coneheads.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Cardion

Cardion Well-Known Member

The only Ironhide I've ever had is my G1 Ironhide I got at a flea market as a kid in the 80s... Until this new Earthrise model. I'm spectacularly excited to finally be able to get an Ironhide that actually looks like the cartoon at a price I can afford (I'm not getting knock-off or paying Masterpiece prices). The fact that I get a good looking Prowl along for the ride is a nice bonus.

Oh, also... The Earthrise sled doesn't bother me after I've spent decades dealing with that crusty G1 sled.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hasbro should’ve just shown what the sled mode looked like when Ironhide/Prowl went up for preorder.

• Like Like x 2
  15. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    These look awesome! Especially the seekers. Ever since they announced Earthrise (even know we were all pretty sure that was gonna happen anyway), I have been stoked to own both versions of many characters. Cybertron and Earth forms. So dope!

I have 2 Starscream's but there r NO Targets in my state at all or any that r closer then 3.5 to 4 hours from me. Doe anyone know any good places to get them and how available will Takaras be?

16. LRJ2007

LRJ2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Google+:

• Like Like x 5
  17. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

How come Hasbro could get Smokescreen's upper legs white but Prowl's are black instead of gray?

18. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This thread is absolutely drifting into discussion that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Guys, if you want to talk about windshields, call or text each other. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  19. analogue

analogue 01110111 01100101 01100010 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ironhide review is up:

• Like Like x 10
  20. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Sure looks like you can do a combat sled mode by not flipping in the side windows and using that central port to mount the Ratchet-style launcher!
    [​IMG]
    Why else have that particular port be round like that?

I think those quad "cannons" are possibly meant to be "thrusters".

• Like Like x 5