Earthrise Prowl/Ironhide And Ramjet/Dirge Sets Revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shin Densetsu, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Mattymo

Mattymo Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Well you ordered it the very last minute you could so shouldn’t have expected anything less. Even if they went by times ordered you’d still be waiting honestly

2. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme One of the longest handles in the fandom!

Ebay:
    Honestly this is a pretty crappy method of selling high interest items.

• Like Like x 4
  3. IronPrime2169

IronPrime2169 Netflix Megatron has thicc lips

Instagram:
    Yeah, this is getting ridiculous. I’m unable to make online purchases until the holiday season, and this guy goes out of stock 3 days after November 1st? Sure this is just a me thing, but Ironhide and Prowl are name brand characters. HasTak should have made enough stock for the holiday season. Did they really think people wouldn’t buy them? I’d be fine with waiting longer for it to get shipped, but at least let me order it. I’m willing to defend Hasbro on Target and Walgreens exclusives, but Walmart and Amazon exclusives are terrible.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They were up for preorder for over 3 months

• Like Like x 3
  5. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I don't know if I agree with your assessment completely Tony. Couple of reasons why. First yes, Ironhide is a lot of plain red plastic that is woefully underpainted, but that's been kind of the thing from production. But Ironhide by default is this red hulking thing of red plastic to begin with. He has all the same articulation as his Siege version. Is he as nice to look at because some of those parts are just flat and not printed detail? In my opinion, yes. I personally thought the sled topper was going to be a waste of efforted space, especially since it just looks from stock photos to be a glorified glass cutter. However, turning it around it is really a full on mortar pack on one side, a riot shield in the other, and manages to pull off the G1 sled homage with his G1 styled gun. Could he have used a bit more loadout? Absolutely. But I like the fact that his front chest/windshield actually snaps to the front of the chest, and I think the head looks even more sterner in this version if that's possible with it being the same mold. For sure Maroon Hide is real nice.
    Prowl on the other hand? That waist is what kills it for me in the bot mode. It's.. anemic, but it's so posable. The fake leg fillers are there for a reason, but again, it's trying to do things that more budget to the plastic could have cured. Just like the heel spurs/weaponizer ports that flip down. And his alt mode is effectively 3/4 of the figure with his legs all compacted into the back, and 1/4 of arms and chest all up front. Where the wonder really happens is how much the alt mode compresses down into a much smaller unit. He's an improved iteration on the Classics, but in contrast, I feel he's the Silent Bob to Ironhides Jay.

• Like Like x 4
  6. IronPrime2169

IronPrime2169 Netflix Megatron has thicc lips

Instagram:
    I’m unable to purchase anything online except for the holiday season. Like I said, it’s a me problem. However, holiday season is the prime season for buying toys. Parents won’t be buying holiday gifts for their kids 3 months beforehand. Sure, my situation is unique, but it doesn’t make much business sense to not even make enough units to last until December, especially for two of the franchise’s biggest names. Not to even get started on the Coneheads or the shipping methods... it’s not that they’re exclusives. Some retailers handle that very well, but others, like Amazon and Walmart, do not handle it well, not at all.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  7. elkevo86

elkevo86 Well-Known Member

Received Prowl & Ironhide today. Shipped loose in an oversized Amazon box, no SIOC or air pockets. The box inside had a big sticker on the front of the box, made short work of it with my label scraper, but still an annoyance as I save boxes. Luckily no missing pieces or QC issues on mine.

I agree with you completely here. I thought the shield was just more "lazy partsforming" but it actually has great play value, it was a pleasant surprise.

8. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Hope they decide to restock the Prowl and Ironhide set soon.

• Like Like x 2
  9. B3k

B3k Well-Known Member

Got my set today, kinda weird given I'm in the UK and I didn't even manage to order it until a week after it went up. I guess Prime members get priority.

I'm generally happy with them, think I am going to have to look at getting the replacement Ironhide and Ratchet feet.

10. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My set came without the SIOC or an other packing material (label just slapped on the box), so of course it came smashed. On top of that my Ironhide came with a cracked hinge where the pin goes through the chest due to a misfired pin.

My QC bad luck continues. :( 

At least I got the opened knee version of Prowl.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mattymo

Mattymo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I spent an hour with customer service last night inquiring mine and I did ask that. I went through 3 reps and a lead and they deny they prioritize prime orders. I asked “then how is it that a friend of mine ordered the same time as me and he received his and you’re now telling me that they’re unavailable and mine will ship when it’s available?” They couldn’t give me an answer. They offered me a credit I said no thanks. they offered to cancel it, I said that defeats the entire purpose of this interaction. I don’t want a credit, I don’t want it canceled I would just like an answer on this and my order honored.

I’m not going to take a refund on a toy and accept still getting it. I think that’s honestly pretty low and trashy and if you can do that fine whatever but I got no respect for that. I just wanted to know and get information on how someone who ordered the announcement day wouldn’t have it ready to go.

• Like Like x 3
  12. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    Amazon CS is heavily outsourced. What you'd have to do is work your way up the level, and maybe get someone that actually works for internal Amazon CS, but I can only imagine how hard that would be.

Kids watch cartoons. Thus likely want Cyberverse stuff. Cyberverse stuff is also the children aimed line. The ER/SS/Generations Selects lines are aimed to appeal more to the adult fanbase, as well as some advanced younger audiences. So i'd bet making sure some amazon exclusive is more than plentiful for the holidays isnt at the top of amazon's priority list. Parents would just move on to the next thing, likely another hasbro product. Means really no missed sale or loss for Amazon. Companies would MUCH rather barely keep up with demand and have NO extras, than make too much and it sit around for months, only to be gotten rid of at a loss.

Proof of what the lines are aimed for: Have you seen a Cyberverse Fan Friday stream? Theyre doing these for specific lines they know adult collectors are thirsty for. We have seen 4-5 examples now of Amazon Exclusives people want that are up for preorder for months and then once they release/start shipping out, their availability tanks. Its an unfortunate thing, but it seems to be the trend that isnt ending anytime soon.

13. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Mine says it’s arriving Monday the 16th so fingers crossed.
    I ordered at the end of Oct which was pretty late so I’ll be lucky if it arrives by then.

14. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can’t speak for those in the US, but I had a similar issue with Amazon UK about this set & was told the exact opposite by a customer service manager there. I ordered this set a month ago with free shipping, & the UK sightings said it was in stock briefly last Tuesday (a few here bought it then!)

It wasn’t by a 3rd party but Amazon themselves, so I wanted to know why this had happened yet I’d ordered earlier and they hadn’t sent mine out before releasing new stock?! Spoke to customer service reps for about 20 mins while they investigated, & they said it looks like those with Prime will have seen it available and had priority to order. I got a discount voucher for my time, but it was still frustrating as I wasn’t aware of this myself.

15. wheeljackfan16

wheeljackfan16 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    • Like Like x 5
  16. Thundarr74

Thundarr74 Autobot Scientist

Hmm I'm in the U.S. and pre-ordered these on Sept. 18 and Amazon had stated from the beginning that they were arriving Nov 10-11. When I look at the order page now, it still says arriving by the 11th but hasnt even shipped yet. I'm thinking this will definitely not arrive by their promised date.

• Like Like x 1
  17. maddogtheta

maddogtheta Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  18. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom Priestess of Unicron.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    BULL SCRAP! I had it ordered day one with prime

19. fanbase0000

fanbase0000 Well-Known Member

I pre-ordered the ironhide/Prowl on first day. When I ordered it I had Prime and I'm in atlanta. It always had delivery date of 12-4 and it never changed. I got email that the set was mailed out today and I'm scheduled to receive it Friday. A pleasure unexpected surprise.

• Like Like x 2
  20. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    DAMN it!
    Amazon shows "package was damaged and will be returned" saying they will refund me....
    This is incredibly annoying. I don't care if the box was maybe crumpled or something, I want the toys!
    Is there any way to get them to deliver it?

• Like Like x 1