Earthrise Leader Class Doubledealer Spotted At US Retail

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Black Convoy, Jul 13, 2020.

1. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Offensively Off-brand

You forgot the safety warning. Coronavirus is still out there, and you can get infected TWICE.

I'd honestly love to run out to several local Targets to "hunt", but I must continue to stress the importance of limiting your shopping trips and general time outside, where people congregate.

The USA is one of the worst hit countries in the world, and while European infections are dropping, our infections are skyrocketing! 15,000 new cases in FL last Sunday, and no, it is NOT because of more testing. The positivity rate of tests tells you too many new infections are happening.

Sorry, guys. You can't just stick your head in he ground and pretend it's all over. That's exactly how every careful person who followed the rules in March gets infected in July. You need to be aware that even if you are not at risk of complications, there are growing signs that the disease has permanent, debilitating effects. The coronavirus can cause brain damage, even if you "survive". This is serious.

Please don't go back to normal toy shopping behavior and pretend everything is fine. :(  There are plenty of TFW2005 site sponsors who would love your business. Support TFW, shop online, and stay safe!

• Like Like x 8
  2. ziltama

ziltama Lurks, mods, molds, and casts

News Credits:
    Yeah, the news page should be updated saying you can't actually buy those from a Target.

Maybe someone from the site should ask Target as part of a news story and get some sort of response.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  3. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Noah's Freshman Album

News Credits:
    The response would be "The item is street dated and can't be sold at this time."

The same thing you hear at the check-out when they take it away after getting the warning when scanned.

• Like Like x 3
  4. ziltama

ziltama Lurks, mods, molds, and casts

News Credits:
    Of course, more specifically, though, would be a better corporate response as to why people can't buy ER OP and Siege Shockwave (especially this one of all figures) either despite being previously sold there already.

• Like Like x 1
  5. PeolesDru

PeolesDru Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pop the tag off the shelf and bring it with you to the register and scan the tag instead of the box.

6. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Everyone who encounters this thinks they're the first. But I assure you the employees hear it multiple times a day. At which point they're going to turn around and go up the stack to get more info so they can have a better answer once they run in to it the next day.

I agree TFW could try reaching out. But it's probably going to take a while to find the right person to ask. The better option would be for TFW to use their ties to the Hasbro media team to push the issue. Because Hasbro wants to sell toys. So if a street date meant for one figure is blocking others...they'd probably want to work with retailers to make sure there isn't something going on their end that's screwing it all up.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Davestro

Davestro Well-Known Member

To circumvent the street date issue, I normally take another similar class Transformer and scan it instead then bag the other in the self check-out area. 

• Like Like x 6
  8. Nagatem

Nagatem Sea sea sea sea sea sea sea sea seaconOooo

So anyone else never find sun streaker and trail braker on amazon?, wanted to pre order them months back and still can\'t find them on amazon even by searching for them by name

9. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Yeah let's not encourage people to do that. Beyond the part where you're being incredibly dishonest, you throw off the store's internal stock tracking.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Qazsedcftgb2

Qazsedcftgb2 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Screenshot_20200713-111143_Chrome.jpg
    I wonder if this page means they fixed that issue (which I somewhat doubt) or if it could be shown to get them to override it. I already have Doubledealer on preorder but I'm still trying to get my Optimus, and on their website it does say he's sold in stores.

11. Mattymo

Mattymo Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Exactly and you’re screwing over other fans who will think it’s in stock and make the drive to pick it up and their online shopping system doing that due to being impatient. Of coursei know the response to that is “I don’t care”

• Like Like x 2
  12. Cyber Silver

Cyber Silver Active Member

YouTube:
    I ordered mine the other day, should I expect mine to ship soon even though it wasn't a preorder?

13. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Had to stop by Target for office supplies today and he’s still register locked till Fall. Don’t waste your time and gas people.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SoundwaveSuperior

SoundwaveSuperior "The Scourge of the Sky"

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    The assortment DPCI for WFC Leaders is what's street-dated, not Doubledealer himself, so that won't work.

15. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire SICK to death of you guys!!!

News Credits:
    Man, this fuckin hobby, I swear! :rolleyes: 

Why is it that the cartoon matters 100% & the original toy line matters 0%? I always thought the toy line was the main thing & the cartoon was just like an advertisement on the side. But everything revolves around the cartoon. If the character didn't appear in the cartoon it's like the toy has been erased from history. Nobody cares about anything but the cartoon. WTF?:confused: 

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  16. ATLMYK

ATLMYK Well-Known Member

Not sure. Mine shipped on Saturday and should be waiting on me when I get home. I preordered mine a while back. I can think of a bunch of things I would rather do instead of running from store to store.

• Like Like x 1
  17. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    ...and then those people will get pissed at Target because "the online listing is wrong." And the same people who were like "Screw Target I'm going to ring up the wrong item on purpose to buy it" will turn around and go "See see this is why I did what I did!"

I would absolutely love to find out that this was specifically in response to people who would scan one item then put another in their bag.

18. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Would Brickseek/Popfindr work with DoubleDealer even with the confusion on the street date?

19. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
  20. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    The issue isn't that he's not in the computers, it's that computers won't let you buy him.

• Like Like x 1