Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Black Convoy, Oct 3, 2019.
Anyone else feel we’re gonna get runamuk and runabout from that cliffjumper mold?
Love them all & going to be so broke!
I really don\'t see what\'s wrong with Starscream
the bitching about this line in a nutshell
I kinda feel sorry for a completionist, especially any seeker completionist.
Getting all of them, having different thoughts about Wheeljack as my Prime Wheeljack looks good already, but sure lets get all of them
He's clearly an almost exact upscale of the existing 2006 deluxe Starscream toy.
Which had the Coneheads and I regret not getting the United pack when I could
He can be friends with Moldwich.
I seriously can't believe what I'm seeing with Starscream. As people have noted, he's just an upscaled version of the Classics deluxe design from... (checks) ...THIRTEEN YEARS AGO???
I know it's a new mold, but literally the entire look and transformation design is the same: the way the chest panel covers the canopy; the way the wings fold up on his feet; even the same nosecone & canopy kibble hanging above his back.
That is unforgiveably lazy even by Hasbro's standards. I've been waiting ages for a good modern voyager seeker; I was hoping for something a lot better than this. I have the Classics figure; I like the Classics figure... but they couldn't come up with anything new or improved -- or at least different! -- in thirteen years???
Jeez. At least Cliffjumper looks good!
Either this or base it of the MP, or even try and guess what the MP V3 starscream will do in black magic and make that small. I feel as a modern seeker this is the best they can get, so making it bigger is the best thing they can do
NOICE! That Cliffjumper looks pretty great. Kinda looks like a simplified version of the older Masterpice Bumblebee transformation here and there. I wonder if they'll do a Bumblebee like this in his Beetle form.
Starscream looks pretty good. Not PERFECT but I like this more that the older Deluxe Classics version...though there are a LOT of similarities here.
Really love Wheeljack here too. I'll be offloading my Generation figure for sure. Hoist also looks amazing too. I am SO down for Earth Rise.
I'm still (in a positive way) shocked with what I am seeing. I want to think a little bit more about some of these figures, but I think I might get literally everything that was shown in the past few days. Even that new guy who just turns into a shield and a ramp, lol. I still prefer that these guys turn into modern vehicles, like Hoist turning into a newer Toyota pick-up truck would be nice, but overall, holy shit I can't wait to drop money on these guys.
Starscream… as much as I like the Classics mold, I can't wait to buy him and his inevitable retools/repaints. I am so glad I waited all these years for a Voyager Starscream with no gimmicks, just straight-up Starscream. I think this figure basically floors nearly every other version of him since the Classics toy. At the very least it beats the CW and POTP versions, which were okay IMO, but nothing like this.
Cliffjumper - I think this is easily his best CHUG toy period, and I just hope he scales properly with the rest of the Minibots. If he does, then I hope he gets retooled into the only main Minibot who still never got a new toy: My boy Hubcap.
The entire WFC line is kicking the Prime trilogy's ass, and I can't wait to see what's next.
That Cliffjumper looks amazing! Ironworks is also looking really good and I love to see random new characters.
Pre-orders up on Amazon, as well. Not sure if it's already been mentioned or not.
its plenty sustainable really. reverting to primarily g1 does 2 things
1: it appeases the adult fans that have nostalgia for the original series
2: brand new collectors are indoctrinated with the g1 influence
the ones it leaves out are the collectors that came into the franchise between 1996 and 2005. when kids today are adults (provided the brand lasts that long) they will have nostalgia for the g1 designs (and the heavily g1 influenced evergreen designs). its kind of like how no matter what artists may do to a super heros costume they will always revert to their classic appearance. they're basically trying to create a nostalgia loop for future generations
Well after all day of running around, seeing what’s up, I’ve got my thoughts gathered:
1. Cliffjumper - I’ll admit, he does look kinda nice and he’s definitely retool material. Glad they’re ditching legends class scale to make this possible because I think it will be worth it. At least they compromised with good features and a solid figure. Probably gonna pick him up.
2. Wheeljack - Didn’t think we’d get one after the poll, but I guess Hasbro can just do whatever the f*** they want because, well, they’re Hasbro. Nice build and yet another great gold mine for retools. Wonder who’s getting that treatment first.
3. Starscream - I’ve already got his Cybertronian mode so I don’t know if I’ll pick this one up. He’s not bad or at least in my opinion, I know people have their gripes with this one. But a) its a proper jet b) the repaints c) It’s Hasbro
4. Grapple - Honestly it’s an Inferno figure waiting to happen. That’s it. I don’t know if people missed that but regardless it’s inevitable. Nice figure though.
5. Optimus Prime - I don’t know how to feel about this one. He’s a new OP with better features and a Matrix. But he comes with a trailer and that’s jacks up the price so if you want this new OP, better pay extra. I don’t know, he looks alright, I don’t care if it’s a remold or not, but Siege OP is good enough for me so I’ll wait for some kind of price drop or something.
6. Hoist - A strange addition to the roster, but considering he hasn’t been utilized that much in media in a very long time, he kinda earns it. The figure is nice, but you and I know this is gonna be Trailbreaker and don’t lie because that’s exactly what we’re all expecting.
It’s strange how they decided to jump straight to Earth because I thought it was all gonna take place on Cybertron until the end of the trilogy. But I guess we’ll expect something different in the third chapter. Maybe an ‘86 recreation of sorts? Idk. But overall I don’t think it’s too bad even if it’s strange.
I guess lockdown will be a retool of ER wheeljack, if lockdown revealed by hasbro.
there is already a precedent for hasbro doing fan vote losers. trypticon wont the titans return vote but now both omega supreme and scorponok have gotten titan figures and spinister who was partnered with wheeljack in the vote got pulled forward into siege's final wave
First time preordering mainline. Mostly G1 and Masterpiece collector. Do I give these to my son or order another set? Any pics of the Scorponok?
Too bad the colors are off guess they go to the son.
Separate names with a comma.