Earthrise Hoist, Cliffjumper, Wheeljack, Ironworks, Starscream & Grapple Renders & Pre-Orders

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Black Convoy, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok I likely really should be going to bed but before I do I'll give my second look thoughts...

I still find Ironworks the most appealing of the bunch by a huge Margin.
    That he also has the battlestation Transformation and 3 ramps means I'll likely buy several of him.

Soundbarrier is that rare thing. Something new both conceptually and character wise - so he's definate too - may buy multiples of that one too.

Jackie... Is OK, nothing spectacular & I have to wonder how if at all it differs to the potential fan figure. Should be a better figure once someone makes him some new tools, weapons and wings.
    Though I do not much care for the windo splitting Transformation.

Big Daddy-O looks OK - though perhaps he needs a Botbot style torso slides inside the shoulder to give him more arm range. same with the other one too.
    Otherwise they are both fine. Like wise the Decepticons they look like whom they are supposed too.

Grapple is OK - Though I'll be more interested in an Inferno and Artfire deco.
    or even a straight up Hauler Select series release in Green.

Hoist is - OK - but I am a little concerned about one of his key joints being clear plastic, His gun is a bit twee but I guess it kinda works - I'm sure a pair of them might make more useul accessories used in other ways.
    I like how he uses the tow ramp as a connector that is kinda clever. He is a bit gappy though in places.

Cliffjumper is interesting - I can see the Omni-bot redeco in him already.
    I like the skids and the way the gun assembles is really neat - odd if he's the only one that can do that though.
    The arm colour doesn't bother me plenty of Cliffjumper toys have red arms.

Starscream... is a chin scratcher - he's no where near good as he should be - on some level he's a lazy upscale of the classic Deluxe. With legs that looks they want to collapse if you look at them funny and square out-takes.

Perhaps I may like him more if they do a Sunstorm deco or remould it into coneheads. He's a bit to boxey though the jet is also off model a bit & he has the ankles that result in a wing sticking up when you use the ankle tilts. He also has a bunch of holes in his guns.

In the main though I think he's a bit to blocky and by now someone should have been able to do better they know what works and what doesn't from a lot of Starscreams by now - this isn't the pure distilaton of that - it's more "Just another Starscream"
    Maybe it might shine more in a Classics Acid Storm or Skywarp deco. or even as a clone-seeker.

I don't hate it really but i'm also a little underwhelmed too.

Optimus is also kinda low effort too.

So Ironworks is an immediate Buy, so are the Micromasters.. the rest I'll get as and if.

I think they went to Earth way to early - they can only really save it by travelling to the future or having reinforcements from Cybertron so they can finish that theme - otherwise - what was the point of a bunch of Decepticons in Cybertronian mode and another Starscream so soon.

There A-team model of marketing is counter intuitive sometimes. They would have been better off starting with Sunstorm or a clone seeker. Or even selling Black Starscream or Actionmaster Thundercracker. Something that wasn't so boringly predictable as another Starscream. (so soon) as the primary focus. As it doesn't fit in - it stands out.

I'd rather they'd made Snapdragon or something as a focus piece.

Also only doing half a Micromaster team is like an invitation for someone to do the same thing again only better or simply to finish the teams in the same style.

I suppose I should be grateful that they didn't split Ratchet and Ironhide up at least.

If we are lucky they may be tuned in enough to make Snapdragon to go with Scorponok & to follow Ape Face.

At least him being an Earth Jet is helped by the theme in this instance.

So looking forward.

I hope to see what they do with the Battlestations going forwards. & if they can interact in any useful way with the otherwise kinda dull Optimus toy's trailer.

Some "Other" Starscream repaints would be nice next time not the same ones again with Earth Modes.

Hopefully when they eventually get around to doing Bumblebee he won't be a Cliffjumper repaint.

I'd not say no to a Slicer or other Wheeljack repaint - since there is other characters who look like - him several even.

Trailbreaker and Inferno are there to look forward too - but perhaps they can make another 4X4 using a Diaclone colour as a new character too in the Select line.

So Overall not totally terrible but I still prefer Siege.

• Like Like x 3
  2. JomasterII

JomasterII Nobody interesting

News Credits:
    Screamer looks kinda... bad, but Cliffjumper is looking super good. I hope that he gets retooled into Hubcap... 

What? A man can dream.

• Like Like x 3
  3. B u m b l e b e e

B u m b l e b e e Bumblebee

News Credits:
    I both kind of glad but also disappointed. This Cliffjumper looks decent but feel could be better. They did a good job though considering how small the figure is.

Here’s hoping Bumblebee is in the next line :popcorn 

4. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Currently got no idea what to put here...

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Among these reveals, Cliffjumper and Wheeljack is my favorite among the bunch. Wheeljack looks quite nice despite lacking in appropriate accessories, and it's nice to see a Cliffjumper that isn't just a Bumblebee repaint. Grapple also looks quite good.

The rest of them if just ok for me, especially Starscream with his robot mode looks weirdly proportioned with the blocky and long torso. Hoist while looking nice has some ugly back kibble, and the rest like Ironworks or Hot Rod Patrol just doesn't interest me much.

• Like Like x 1
  5. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    He's clearly the Pre-mold of the Conheads, which we'll likely start seeing around NY's Toy fair.

Yeah, I don't want a CJ that tower's over Brawn and the other Legends class Autbots (and Cons) it took like 6 years to collect. Plus I don't think he's worth $20.

• Like Like x 3
  6. BubbleMax

BubbleMax Well-Known Member

Soundbarrier looks like a really nice shield. He reminds me of the shield Wheeljack can pull out in Devastation.
    Im glad to see that Cliffjumper is a bit larger than Legends scale as I have always felt that Legends Class for Mini Bots required too many comprimises in articulation and proportions.

I suppose this means Deluxe Insecticons will happen eventually as well.

• Like Like x 1
  7. werkrobotwerk

werkrobotwerk Well-Known Member

so... the battlemaster becomes a road?

8. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

Death kneel - you mean for the mainline(that in between Has/Tak's MP and the 3rd parth legends)? I hope not, it's the only those over 15 can go to a brick and mortar store and buy off the shelf - mostly.

9. DesertDog

DesertDog is probably craving pork chops

News Credits:
    In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    If I don't get a Spanner homage out of one of these Bridge-former ramp/shield dudes I'll rage.

Come to think of it, now is the perfect time to make a Leader Class transforming Space-Bridge

• Like Like x 2
  10. Skreeonk

Skreeonk Well-Known Member

I think Runamuck/Runabout will be a new mold; I remember seeing an interview where they said they will try to give them 2 wheels on each foot, mimicking the original toys.

Since Earthrise has it's 1st wave up for pre-order, is it too much trouble to ask them to finish up Siege and put Ratbat & Rumble up for pre-order?

• Like Like x 2
  11. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    And Commander class Deathsaurus, Voyager class Conheads (From ER Starscream) and a Voyager class Blaster.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They could go totally nuts on that Cliffjumper mould if they wanted too.
    Tap Out, HubCap, two of the 3 Omi-bots, as many Throttlebots as you like Bumper and The Battlechargers.
    Which wouldn't be to bad if they at least gave the template at least a couple of different vehicle shells.

I can see the other Omini-bot and Flash (who they'd have to rename obviously) sharing a mould too & perhaps even make Jackpot out of that mould too. If they are feeling brave enough to make something evoking a ferrari but not so much they get sued.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    so where are the renders for the new cyberverse good toys?

14. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Orders placed for those I'm 100% certain I want (Starscream, Hoist, Grapple, Wheeljack, and Ironworks.) Will wait and see if we see redecos of the Prime for now. Just not quite sold on it personally, as G1 as he is... I can always just set my G1 trailer out next to PotP Prime if I need to lol. (Not saying this one isn't more G1 imo he is, I love it... but not quite sold.)

15. Kaijufan95

Kaijufan95 Well-Known Member

One decepticon revealed so far... that’s not a good sign...

• Like Like x 1
  16. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    that grapple really looks like a simplified mp grapple

• Like Like x 2
  17. theEmpressive

theEmpressive Well-Known Member

I\'m sorry but I really hate Sound barrier, this is such a bulls@#t cash grab, and i normally dive head first into the cash grab. He makes a shield or road, ROAD. It just annoys me because they have like 20 of them stuck together to make the paths between bases. That is an expensive road seeing as 4.99 per piece. Damit, I just noticed the new blast effect he has. Now I'm gh gonna buy at least 1. Grrrr.

18. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sound Barrier should be the arch nemesis of Reflector/Refraktor. If no one buys like ten Sound Barrier figs and photographs a herd of them leaping all over all three Reflectors and taking them down, I'll be disappointed. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  19. ArcanielRE3

ArcanielRE3 Honorary Autobot

Cliffjumper and Wheeljack are extremely HYPE! Grapple and Hoist look great as well, but I don't see myself getting them.

Starscream is really... meh. His jet mode is undoubtedly grogeous and I adore the colors, but that robot mode leaves a lot to be desired. I'll stick with the Seige seekers, their robot modes are a lot better looking.

• Like Like x 1
  20. shin03

shin03 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I gotta say. The idea to make the Micromaster playsets into actual robots is genius. Here’s hoping for a leader class Skystalker

• Like Like x 4