Earthrise Hoist, Cliffjumper, Wheeljack, Ironworks, Starscream & Grapple Renders & Pre-Orders

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Black Convoy, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

At least they actually look like knuckle armor on the MP, the thing that bugs me about this fig is that their literally just these flat slabs.

2. DashCourageous

DashCourageous Greetings Programs!

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    BLASPHEMY. Simply BLASPHEMY.

• Like Like x 3
  3. TriBlurr

TriBlurr Who am I?

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind another take on Gears. The thrilling 30 one was very hard to find around here.

Also Guzzle.

• Like Like x 6
  4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, the Legends Class Gears and Huffer were tail-enders with poor distribution.

• Like Like x 4
  5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Could be said for a lot of pieces of TF anatomy, TBH.

At least kibble on the back of the hands doesn't get in the way of holding things.

6. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Well, if my choice of word is exaggerating it, then your nitpick sure is exaggeration as well.
    I'd still say it has been at least a prominent visual cue from boxart to Sunbow cartoon and even
    the MP version sports just as much "arm kibble".

[​IMG]

Personally, I take the bit of arm kibble any time over that stubby Generations Wheeljack with his tiny kibble-free arms looking way out of proportion to the rest of his body. The placement of the arm/hand kibble is very similar on the MP version and this new Earth Rise version.

Obviously, his altmode was engineered with Tracks in mind first, the shape and style of the car being way more evocative of a Corvette than anything near the style of Wheeljack's Lancia Stratos altmode.
    This Earth Rise Wheeljack's car mode just feels a whole lot more like an Italian sportscar, as it should. Takara CW Wheeljack nails this as well, but his mold is just a bit too gappy overal.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  7. TheTornSideswipeFan

TheTornSideswipeFan Well-Known Member

Well, when they actually put the wings up, the Wheeljack toy doesn\'t look bad, 

8. FORT MAXie

FORT MAXie Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Can we do predictions fo figures?
    Givens are Inferno, Trailbreaker, Bumblee (differnt mold then Cliffjumper) but i am also thinking Sky Spy that would be targetmaster size i assume (Telatran\'s scout probe)
    I know the Micromaster mini bases are going to be made and honestly looking foward to that and maybe get some combos for micromaster combiners in a leader scale or the larger bases in voyager and leader classes.
    The titan beyond Scorponok (and likely Takara tomy repaint of Black Zarak) Grandus would be my guess thou also a Monstructor with shells could be a worth while project thou that could be done with 2 or 3 in Supreme boxsets. Grandus would be more fitting and could be used down the road with another project if Beast Wars returns (ya it should in 2022ish time i hope) then that would allow both to be made. Ether way both molds could be reworked to be used more then one, which is often a win win and maybe get us a fixed Trypticon repaint and remold as well after Grandus.

Haslab projects Primus obviously. There is something else i would not mind hasbro considering is playsets like ark, honestly it would nto be too far from the jabba sail barge, be large but also non transforming so cost effective and they already would have the knowlege of the removable pannels and the scale would be set. Not expecting to be able to fit a titan in it but it would allow for some insane displays. It could go a step futher and do swappable parts and allow it to be a shuttle from the 86 movie, 2 birds one stone thing. The way the toylines are working i could see Crowd funding large projects poping up every 3 years and that would allow them to be tied into the current trilogy and be cross connected thru older lines as well to maximize appeal. Sorry this was not ment to be a Unicron kinda post but thoughts on how that could be utilized into toyline at a predictable rate, so fans are not so upset with limited time and a high price tag and we can budget ahead expecting something large and nice.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I might come out of toy retirement for that Hoist and his Trailbreaker remold...

• Like Like x 2
  10. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

This is just about as asinine as when someone argued Barricade's defining characteristic was having 4 eyes.

If clunky looking flat arm paneling on Wheeljack is really what gets your motor going, then it's great to be you. I just don't like the way it looks on this figure...I find this particular interpretation of the character's most defining quality to be rather unsightly.

• Like Like x 2
  11. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    "Iconic" is probably a bad word to describe Wheeljack's hand flaps. "Distinctive" is more apropos.

Iconography is about what comes to mind first about the character, and for Wheeljack, it's his glowing ears and slatted faceplate which are unique among the hundreds of Transformers characters out there. Then his Alitalia racing colours. Then his wings and shoulder cannon that contribute to his unique silhouette. Then the curved canopy-glass chest. Then his giant plank feet (on his toys, anyways, as they're massively downsized in the animation model). His hand flaps to me are "oh yeah, those are there" when someone bothers to point them out. A complete afterthought.

• Like Like x 7
  12. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    exactly...but in similar way, we can look at this arm kibble on this toy ; pretty much negligible - or, not worth that much of a nitpick focal point.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MrUniqZ

MrUniqZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I’m really tickled reading all the articulation and kibble comments. Don’t worry I’ll see some of these names in the Earthrise appreciation thread! Lol.

The only bot I may skip is the ramp guy since it’s more of a play gimmick than character. I’m not 100% on all the reveals but I’m all in still.

These recent releases post Siege continue to send my character dupes from classics and combiner wars figures to EBay.

• Like Like x 2
  14. CaioSilvatheScreamerFan

CaioSilvatheScreamerFan Destron New Leader

Facebook:
    You know something iconic about Starscream ?
    No waist swivel

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  15. Shackwave71

Shackwave71 Very Illuminating...

...and Walgeens STILL doesn't have a pre-order listing for Siege Ratchet, and there is allready preorders for the next series. *%<?>* Hasbro!

16. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    We heard you the first time. It doesn't do any good to keep harping on it.

• Like Like x 2
  17. CaioSilvatheScreamerFan

CaioSilvatheScreamerFan Destron New Leader

Facebook:
    I was just trying to chill out

18. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Logging it in now: if they announce they're doing all the Diaclone repaints of Hoist AND the inevitable remold into Trailbreaker, THEN I will get rid of my T30 and Botcon toys.

Diaclone dictates what I do with my collection. At this rate I'm seriously considering going back to RTS Perceptor solely because they actually DID Magnificus from that mold.

19. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What about Skids?

He needs an update. My T30's shoulders are having stress marks.

And all this talk about Wheeljack has me considering getting rid of my United one...

20. MrUniqZ

MrUniqZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Diaclone repaints are fun. I’ve gotten a few and made a few. There certainly is a lot of potential with each G1 character mold. Remember Magna Convoy.