earthrise coneheads dirge leaked

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by seton, Jun 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They can keep the screaming faces Bah, I might get Thrust.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nagatem

Nagatem Sea sea sea sea sea sea sea sea seaconOooo

i call his left leg”!!!

• Like Like x 4
  3. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I’m glad to hear someone helped! :) 

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’d rather have him from the Siege mold so he can match Hotlink, who is part of his group.

• Like Like x 9
  5. Autobotknight08

Autobotknight08 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    He needs a bit of paint, that torso is kinda plain. I also might have to fabricate some slimmer wings, maybe collapsing, I dunno. Those just look like too much for me accurate or not. I am excited though I have the first three, this is the first time I might get all six. I usually miss Skywarp some how. Great job Hasbro!

• Like Like x 1
  6. beastbot16

beastbot16 Active Member

The classics design for Ramjet and the other two is outdated. If they could've back then they would've have an actual head seperate from the nosecone. The short stumply little nosecone with a face on the bottom and no up or done movement as a head would NOT fly today. And people would complain about it, just as they did back then becuase it looked stupid in jet mode, and it only moved from left to right. And even the Masterpeice toys give them real heads and not the tip of the nose cone, because proportions matter, so does functionality as a head. Sometimes foe parts are a good thing.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    faux parts.

• Like Like x 10
  8. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Totally disagree. Im no fan of faux parts. I could care less about a moving neck on a conehead. People are so cheap these days how they whine about not getting their $20 worth of plastic or not enough articulation. They obviously never lived during the G1 times.

9. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    Figures from G1 were perfectly acceptable at the time, given the 1980’s design and manufacturing restraints. Takara didn’t just decide to make figures bricks. In the same way, the average modern CHUG figure is as good as it can be given today’s design and manufacturing restraints, and the price is sells for. Yes, people from today wouldn’t like G1 instead of modern figures. That’s because G1 figures are outdated. If you bought a G1 figure in the 80’s you would be satisfied, but we expect a better figure nowadays.

why that’s relevant to Coneheads, I don’t know.

• Like Like x 1
  10. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    *can't believe I forgot to comment*

Dirge looks pretty good. I wonder what happened to his arm tho. Maybe it was feeding times for the Predacons? Trypticon? Carol Friggin Baskin?! Could explains why he's in eternal terror.

The only one we don't have a look at yet is Ramjet. I'm hoping all three have the black chests. I'm REALLY hoping that getting these three won't be a pain. Worst case scenario, I have a few Siege thundercrackers waiting to be customed.

....and my brain goes right to "Ok Boomer" territory....

In actual talk, I don't mind faux parts as long as I can still enjoy the figure. Sometimes I'd prefer Faux parts over the alternative
    *looks at ER Wheeljack and prays Sunstreaker looks better in person* but in the end, everyone has different tastes and opinions, because if we didn't, then everything would be boring and the same.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Well I grew up with G1. And believe me Im no fan of bricks. I love generations because its G1 done right 35 years later. But just because I appreciate some articulation and toon accuracy, doesnt mean I have all the hang ups of this new generation of super cheap, ultra picky collectors that plauge these forums. How this is all relevant to coneheads, you ask ? Just like the Starscream mold was an upsized version of the universe seeker, they should have just kept the same engineering with the conehead universe seeker. It was genius how they redesigned the nosecone to transform without faux parts. This new transformation looks like a joke. At least with the masterpiece coneheads they somewhat played it off by making part of the nosecone become the robot head.

The universe conehead engineering was genius. Even the MP conehead engineering was clever. This looks lazy with only one goal in mind: satisfy picky collectors who want every figure to have necks joints, ankle tilts, posable fingers, and everything thing else but they are too cheap to jump into the MP game. (I collect both)

And get it right Gen X, not boomer. Stay in your safe spaces...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2020
  12. butz

butz slippery when wet

It looks like he's yawning, not screaming.
    My head canon when I get him is going to be that he's just slack-jawed. Walks around with his mouth open because he forgets to close it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And people wonder why he's screaming...

• Like Like x 3
  14. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    I never handled the universe conehead molds, and the closest I got was classics starscream and I got rid of that guy once I got the FoC SS so I can't really comment on it. I'd say the articulation thing is more of adding fun value more than anything. Granted, I still have fun with the PotP pretenders but I would be a bit miffed if I spented $30 for the same articulation of up and down arms.
    *Same reason I'm waiting to grab those Aliens retro figs if they drop in price. they look like good old fun but a little too much for me*

And as for Mps…. Eh? They look cool but at that pricepoint I'd just have them be statues and never move them, and at that point, then why did I even grab them? I'm a drop-prone fellow so I can't rick spending $160 a week just to replace a single guy. Also, I can't stand moveable fingers aside from Combiners. I'd take the solid 5mm fist any day!

is that why you're "Rated X"? if you were a boomer, then would you be "Rated B"? Maybe I should rename myself "Marvel-lenial" or "Marvel Y" to follow the trend!

Just having some fun is all. Can't blame me that it lined up perfectly with how the boomer meme goes. Hmm... What is the equivalent of Gen X boomers?
    *googles*
    Xoomers? That's just confusing when Zoomers is also in play.... or are they one in the same? I dunno. Memes are weird....

"Just make sure you bring them back!" *yawns*
    That's hilarious and I think I'm going to do the same thing.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Matthew Haskett

Matthew Haskett Well-Known Member

Fox paw.

• Like Like x 4
  16. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    There are few little areas on him that bug me but honestly I'm just happy to finally see the coneheads get another Generations style upgrade. Besides Skywarp, I'm actually looking forward to the new coneheads more than the core seekers at the moment. I can't wait to see Thrust.

17. Nagatem

Nagatem Sea sea sea sea sea sea sea sea seaconOooo

He deserves it for being less Memorable than Starscream

18. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Let's not lt pretend you're better just because you can afford MP. I CAN afford MP but I choose not to. I would never get MP-44 because at 450 bucks that's 100 shy of a good pistol, and you damn well bet I'd rather have a new gun than MP-44. It's good to have alternative, low cost stuff so more people can enjoy great Transformers figures without breaking the bank. I for one am absolutely digging this new direction and I don't have to pay MP prices to do so.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Thats why I said, if you grew up with G1, you would probably not care about articulation so much. The most over-rated points of articulation to me are ankle tilts and ab-crunch. Its like what are you gonna do ? Display the robot kama sutra ? I agree with you on combiner hands though. I do perfect effect. But if they would KO CW Computron hands and feet in generic colors I would buy the crap out of them. As far as my screen name, its more of a hip hop thing. Ive been Rated X since milenials were in diapers before the internet barely even existed. Kind of convenient now that milenials have started an age war. Gen X is kind of stuck in the middle between Boomers and Milenials. Were the group that invented social media and used it as a virtual dating site. Once milenials turned it into a way of life, we lost interest. I try to avoid talking with memes because I think its corny. I still have no idea who that stupid lady is whos spitting out her drink laughing thats always used on twitter responses. And so tired of seeing chris rocks face with a make your meme generator. Its that corny. These people wouldnt last in the late 90's early 2000"s when I was in my 20s. Back then you had to go outside the house and make things happen to be cool. Miss those days, OG status all good bro...

To be honest, the use of faux parts turned me off in the MP line. They totally butchered the Autobot cars starting with the new Prime that replaced MP-10. Its like they want to make them too cartoony. That was the real need for faux parts. But now that its trickled into the generations and studio series lines om not a huge fan. I can understand some people dont like the price of MPs. I never said I did. I just collected the season 1 cast of Decepticons. After Megatron I was done havent bought an MP since. Ive always been a CHUG guy since I started collecting. But I was very content with the older CHUG engineering because I actually lived through the G1 brick era as a kid. But I feel now theyre starting to cater to petty cartoony s**t with all these faux parts. Im defenitially not a part of that portion of the fandom.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  20. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I mean that's fine but Hasbro certainly knows more than we do. I personally couldn't give a rats ass about faux parts. I'm more about having a well engineered AND playable toy. I'm willing to accept sacrifice to have an overall better product.

Lemme go with another gun analogy. You **ALWAYS** sacrifice something to get something else. If you want a light, easy to carry gun, then you sacrifice softer recoil for heavier recoil and less accuracy. If you want accuracy, your sacrifice is being forced to using a bigger and heavier gun.

Life is like that. You will always have to sacrifice something big or small to get something.

• Like Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.