Earthrise Bluestreak Found At US Retail

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by NotoriousBSG82, Oct 10, 2020.

1. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All of mine were closed knee, as well. I’m not opening them and will trade or sell them. With this mold, it’s either open knees or don’t own one for me.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok haven’t found him and my Walgreens aren’t restocking any time soon so can anyone where hook me up with one for a fair price? As eBay is nuts. Thanks

3. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My prowl is open my smokescreen is closed I can’t find a bluestreak anywhere in my area!

• Like Like x 1
  4. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    So does your prowl fit well in car mode and how does smoke screen fit?

• Like Like x 1
  5. geekatron prime

geekatron prime Transform and Transcend!!!

Got my two Bluestreaks delivered today. Both have the closed knee. My Smokescreen & Prowl both have the open knee. No problems with either version, open or closed. The slight misalignment of the roof panel on Bluestreak is negligible and doesn't bother me a bit. All three Datsun boys look great together.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Gaigaan Dnok

Gaigaan Dnok King of Daikaiju

Walgreens finally came through for me and delivered my Smokescreen and Prowl rifles today. ;) 

They were very well packed in a plastic tray (with some other stuff), then in a box, then wrapped in bubble wrap and in a shipping box.

Oh and both of the accessories that came with my Prowl and Smokescreen rifles, we're the closed knee versions.

7. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Prowl fits great smokes has small gaps the open legs work way better due to the pegs on the roof

• Like Like x 1
  8. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    I'm ok with my closed knee Bluestreak due to the gap being so minor and him being hard to find but my closed knee Smokescreen is really crappy with the roof probably due to extra paint on the legs and no tabs so I hope I can find another one.

Glad Prowl is all open knee as mine will ship Dec from Amazon and no good way to get another..

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sandswipe

Sandswipe Member

Not sure I see the difference between open/closed knees. All I know is the roof is flush w the back of the car alt mode. Only gap mine has is where the sides of the legs collapse. It doesn\'t bother me. But I guess it\'s life shattering for some. Im just glad to get him as he\'s one of favorite characters

10. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Closed knee has no tabs on the roof, so the roof hovers above the car and looks unsightly and the car mode doesn't want to hold together all that well. Opened knee has a slot molded in and the roof has tabs to sit in those slots, closing the car up completely and holding together firmly. It's not about being "life-shattering" (which I'll come back to in a moment... what a crappy attitude), it's about the figure being flawed to the point that it doesn't function as it's supposed to. It's also not easy to replace them since two are exclusives that are pretty much sold out everywhere.

As for your not so understanding comment... This is one of your first posts here, you're new, and one of the first things you decide to do is take a swipe at people for making legitimate complaints about a flawed figure design. That's not going to make you a lot of friends and will lead to problems, believe me, I speak from experience.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sandswipe

Sandswipe Member

Well the only one I have that may have the closed knees is Smokescreen, but never really noticed til ppl started complaining about Bluestreak. My BS and Prowl close up smoothly. All of them transform and hold together well. As far as your other comment, I wasn't "taking a swipe" at ppl's complaints. I don't have the same issues so I don't quite understand why it's a big deal.

12. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    People have been complaining since Smokescreen was released...

And that's great, congrats! You're on the minority side of this issue, then.

It's been explained to you. That should be the moment you go "oh, wow... That sucks, guys!" instead, you come back here with more of the same. "I don't understand why it's a big deal", "Earth-shattering" ...neither one addresses people's legitimate complaints in a decent manner.

It would be one thing if you were a veteran of here and had been burnt out by thread after thread of this kind of stuff, but you're new. Brand new, and right out of the gate you dismiss people's complaints with a "I dunno, it's not really a big deal because it doesn't affect me", which is one of the biggest problems with the fandom, right now.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Sandswipe

Sandswipe Member

Never said Earth-shattering. I may be new, but I'm not new to toy collecting or complaints. I'm also used to nit-picking trivial stuff. Nothing is ever perfect.

14. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    My apologies, you said "life-shattering", not much difference, really.

15. Sandswipe

Sandswipe Member

Lol. Seriously though I'm not trying to downplay the fact that there are quality control issues, but you know some people are never satisfied with anything. I hope you didn't get a poor copy of BS, Smokescreen or Prowl. They are good figures. Smokescreen isnt that jarring to me. I may be in the minority, but these are IMO the best retail versions of my favorite G1 classic characters. My bad if I seemed like I didn't care, that's not the case. I just am burnt out on complaints on minor things. If the breakage I've seen on some BS were more wide spread I'd understand, but it's not thankfully

• Like Like x 1
  16. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    A design flaw that prevents the figure from staying together in any mode is not a minor thing. So not minor to the point that Has/Tak made another run correcting the issue. My biggest problem was your attitude.

You get what you give, man. One day you're going to get a crap figure and some might be kind to you, but others will mock you because you get what you give.

Anyway, we're done. I have nothing more to say to you.

• Like Like x 1
  17. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    What's with all the drama (again)? Yes, the "closed knees" are a design flaw and it is good that Has/Tak addressed it in later runs of the figures, but come on, in reality it is a pretty minor flaw and not worth getting bent out over shape over, either. If you can get these guys with the "open knees", then great. But otherwise move on already.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Honestly, my 2 copies of the mold that have closed knees both close up fine, so even calling it a design flaw isn't really accurate. It's really more a matter of overall tolerances on each copy than it is closed vs open knees

• Like Like x 2
  19. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

My Smokestreak both have the closed knees and the missing tabs on the roof.
    You can even barely see where they once were where the roof wont stay flush.
    44C888A3-F566-48B4-A7B2-6B3596A642ED.jpeg

Still tho, close enough. It’s not bad enough to set off my ocd.

29A63BF9-C155-452F-A687-4337625DDA7B.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  20. Shlockwave

Shlockwave a.k.a Moronmaster

Ugh! Triggered! I still haven't found one! Ebay has nothing but $40 and up! GRUMBLE!GRUMBLE!GRUMBLE!
    Look at this!!
    Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 4.46.03 PM.png

• Like Like x 1