Early plot rumors that may have been true?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Swampfoxsc, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Swampfoxsc

Swampfoxsc New Member

I've tried to stay up to date on all the rumors and spoilers since before the first Transformers movie came out. I don't post on any Transformers message boards but this question has been bothering me since I can't find anything on it so I signed up here to ask.

Back about a year or more ago, there was a rumor in regards to the plot of TF2. I don't remember if it was a leaked script or what. It stated that the plot revolved around a secret Transformer/Cybertronian weapon that was being hidden inside of the Luxor Hotel in Las Vegas. That hotel is shaped like a pyramid. The light that shines from the top of the hotel is actually a means of secretly bleeding off energy from the weapon or some method of energy transfer that will go unnoticed. The end of the movie would involve a big battle between the military, Decepticons and Autobots and take place around Vegas and in the desert outside of town. That's the best I can recall. I believe it was posted on IMDB.com but I can't remember.

This sounds suspiciously like the plot of TF2 except the end takes place in Egypt around the pyramids and in the desert. Does anyone else remember this rumor or is it somthing that is common knowledge and somehow I've missed it along the way. I've missed very little in regards to spoilers so this perplexes me. Was this something Bay may have put out there to throw us off?

2. chaddi_90

chaddi_90 Prime

News Credits:
    I remember it I think that someone posted it on Imdb

3. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

I remember that

4. imranbecks

imranbecks Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've just finished reading the novelized version of ROTF... (Amazon.com: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen: Alan Dean Foster: Books)

From what I read in the book, all I can say is that its no way in the same league as the first movie. ROTF is bigger and definitely much more ambitious than the first movie.. I just can't wait to see it all unfold on screen.. And the climax at the end in Egypt will definitely be much bigger than the climax at Mission City from the first movie...

5. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I just remember seeing the leaked treatment talking about how BB and sam took a trip down route 66 and met Devastator at a junkyard. they had the help of Ultra Magnus.

6. imranbecks

imranbecks Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What!!!! The "route 66" and Devastator bit is pretty close... But the Ultra Magnus part.. No!!!.. lol..

7. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    The first movie's novelisation has the events of Mission City being in Vegas.

8. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    That came from a treatment by a fan and aspiring screen writer. Before preproduction started on ROTF, we did not know if the writers would be coming back for a second round. So this guy, who had some (albiet distant) conntections to the producers, worked up this treatment in hopes that they would be interested and commission him to write a draft.

So he typed it up, staying true to the movie universe though also making it more G1, including Ultra Magnus and Rodimus (and obviously positioning the latter to become "Prime").

However, his connections didn't work fast enough and Orci and co were hired back on. This treatment had no affect on ROTF. I don't even know if Bay, Orci or anyone ever actually saw it. I think Nelson of shootfortheedit.com They share so few things in common that they can be chaulked up to pure chance.