Eagle EG01 alternative MP52 KO

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Brum Bot, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I wouldn't get a whole slew of KO MP seekers, getting 1 MP screamer for this newest mold just to see what it is like would be interesting.

• Like Like x 2
  2. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Spelling Chekcer

And now a shipping notice from ShowZ as well.

3. Casetronic

Casetronic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    $35 price drop, sweet! Gonna check AliExpress and see how low prices can go.

4. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    It’s on Ali Express but not much cheaper. Great price either way, especially if getting improved ankles and knees.

5. siniquezu

siniquezu Well-Known Member

Are the coupons still valid? I can't seem to find them. Can't wait to hear the reviews.

6. ssjgoku22

ssjgoku22 Well-Known Member

DS is great. I bought a copy of that as well. Both DS and MP52 have their weaknesses. We all know MP-52's weaknesses by now. DS, while looking absolutely amazing, has overly tight pieces and the paint likes to chip (for example, the paint on the front hip skirts is applied heavily, so it makes them difficult to move. I tried moving mine and gouged the paint a little bit on the right hip skirt). Also, the transformation on the DS is much more difficult (maybe involved is a better word) compared to MP-52.

So really, it comes down to the aesthetics and how often you like to transform your figure. If you like the puffier cartoon aesthetic and the ability transform Starscream quickly, MP-52 is better. If you like the lighter colors, cleaner bot mod, and a sturdier figure, DS all the way. Both figures also have diecast, but the placement of the diecast in DS is used more purposefully whereas, on MP-52, they put all of the diecast in the torso, which makes him top heavy.

The price you're paying for DS seems worth it. It feels much higher in quality and the design isn't just a copy of another figure, it's original.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ssjgoku22

ssjgoku22 Well-Known Member

Coupons? No I think he meant he preordered the Eagle version and Show Z dropped the price. Because of this, they gave him back the price difference in points.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Blingotron

Blingotron Too Poor For Floor Polish

Hmmmm. They may have saved a sale with dropping the price that much. I guess i'm gonna have 3 Starscreams after all... :oops: 

• Like Like x 1
  9. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Spelling Chekcer

Correct. The ShowZ 11/11 Day Sale coupons are all now long expired.

But for $85 shipped this seems like a great price. Just hope the quality is there. Also hope that now that Eagle has these molds that they'll go for a few more color recombinations. There are already plenty of Thundercracks and Skywarps hitting the market so I'm hoping that someone figures out there are dozens of other Seekers they can make. Well, like 6 or 8 more common Seekers like the Welcoming Committee and Rain-Makers plus some of the background troops from Season 1 of the G1 cartoon. It would be a bit much asking a KO outfit to attempt Coneheads without having anything to copy, but just straight Seekers at $85 get tempting.

Or a link to the Radicons Customs or YouTube for some good Seeker painting tutorials.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Blingotron

Blingotron Too Poor For Floor Polish

That's one thing i've really been anticipating is one of the companies (Takara or KO) going beyond the main seekers and giving us the secondary characters. Since the one KO company is already making that crystal clear "ghost" Starscream i'm sure they might be already planning such a thing. Personally IDC who does it but someone has to, preferably the KO companies to keep prices low. We need to fill those ranks and get more variety!

• Like Like x 2
  11. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Skywarp with the right purple next? Yeah?

• Like Like x 5
  12. Shoundwave

Shoundwave Well-Known Member

I just saw the MP-52 Skywarp photos and yeahhhhhh....that 'purple' lol.

13. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I’m now wanting to see how the colours end up on the Skywarp KO, I might be up for that if it looks like the TT promo shots.

• Like Like x 1
  14. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    what we need is a third ko mp52 to push the price down further :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  15. MrOrange645

MrOrange645 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hmmm... ShowZ is now cheaper than AliExpress. Still waiting on some more in hand reviews reviews before biting. I do find it interesting that the EG01 box is obviously NOT a 1:1 box KO, but the figure and accessories appear to be, down to the preapplied faction emblems.

16. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Eh that's standard for most KOs claiming to be "improved" from the base figure whether they are improved or not, although the pre-applied faction emblems are generally not seen on them and are mainly on the straight KOs.
    [​IMG]

17. MrOrange645

MrOrange645 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That was my point. The preapplied faction symbol is generally not applied. From my experience, when it is, it also comes in a cloned box so it's a true 1:1 KO.

So you just restated what I already stated in an effort to disagree with my statement, but in stating said statement, you upheld my previously stated statement as one of fact.

Statement.

18. Kingfisher

Kingfisher Active Member

Wow, $85US is an amazing price. I wonder why they dropped the price so drastically... I would've thought that the people interested in MP52 KO would have already preferred an EG01 over the straight KO (if it really is improved, as claimed). So, no need for such an aggressive price drop...Good for consumers, I guess.

Has there been any info about whether Eagle is releasing a Thundercracker and Skywarp version of this? (Like, on those Chinese forums that some people can find info from?). Also, given the retail box design. Is Eagle = Deformation Space = TE? I hope so. Really love TE's quality.

EDIT: I just realised that the EG01 is the exact same price as the TE01 on ShowZ. Or, am I reading too much into things lol. Interesting that they would release an original Starscream and a KO, if it is true...

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
  19. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  20. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 6