E3 and War for Cybertron

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by thepoetrydude, Jun 15, 2010.

1. thepoetrydude

thepoetrydude Well-Known Member

Having a brain fart here. I'm gonna be talking with the guys over at High Moon Studios during E3 and doing a little Hands on with the game, but I'm having trouble thinking of some really good interview questions. Any ideas? I just found out that my team got scheduled to meet with High Moon. This is gonna be awesome.

2. ronin0510

ronin0510 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    oh wow, thats awesome. Well of course see if they have ANY plans on DLC. lol Even if they cant say what it is specifically. Also ask about the demo servers. Are they going to be improved come launch for the real game?

3. sunstreaker226

sunstreaker226 Member

Why no split screen multiplayer?

4. Psychoray

Psychoray Member

That's really awesome! Congrats!

- You could ask if there will be a dedicated server option.
    - You could ask if there is a direct connect option (Usually done by entering host ip in the console. By using direct connect you don't need the master server. So when Activision decides to bring down the master server we can still play WfC.)
    - During the hands on, you could look up the individual upgrades for the leader/scientist class, jot them down, and post them here. (Nobody has done so yet. It's been done for the scout/soldier tho: YouTube - ArtOfKillingClan's Channel )
    - You could ask how long they're going to support this game (patches/expansion/DLC).
    - You could ask if there is offline multiplayer. (No splitscreen, just skirmish vs bots.)
    - You could ask if we can add bots to our multiplayer games when hosting a server.

These things aren't know yet, so you could try these :) 

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  5. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Dude, nice. The obvious one is asking if there will be DLC, expansions or patches. You could also ask if there will be any sort of statistic collector for Campaign and Escalation. You know, things like kills, deaths, time played, etc. Also, I've been wanting to know if it's possible to have a multiplayer match with bots.

6. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    or at least find out if escalation can be done solo

7. sunbreaker

sunbreaker Well-Known Member

how about asking them if they read this board and what they think of the feedback so far?

what features or characters would they want to put in a sequel? (e.g. combiners, soundwave/blaster cassetttes).

8. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Questions no one's asking:
    • We’ve all heard that Peter Cullen and Johnny Yong Bosch are lending their voices to Transformers: War For Cybertron, but we’ve heard nothing really about other voice actors. Who else is taking part in this game?
    • During your Kotaku.com podcast last week Matt Tieger said Corey Burton wasn’t voicing Shockwave in Gamestops latest commercial, but a High Moon Studios representative giving an interview a day later said that Corey Burton was voicing Shockwave—what’s the verdict?
    • Aside from changing colors, choosing weapons and abilities in character customization mode will gamers be able to change body parts too, like chests, arms, heads, legs, etc?
    • Are the color options in multiplayer mode limited? Do the Autobots have one set of colors while the Decepticons have another? Do gamers have to choose the same colors as their teammates?
    • Will High Moon Studios make PSNetwork Avatars or Home items?
    • Has High Moon Studios considered selling Transformers: War For Cybertron’s OST?
    • Is there a chance we can purchase an art book featuring all the great concept art we’ve seen zip passed monitor in interview after interview? There are lots of great looking pictures there that fans want to see.
    • The official Transformers: War For Cybertron website tells visitors to pre-order the game to unlock bonus characters; however, only three of the 8 stores actually have bonus characters. Kmart and Sears don’t have a bonus character, but the same prequel comic book. Target, Walmart and Toys R Us have yet to be issued anything. When will hear about their bonus characters, and why wasn’t Sears and Kmart given a playable character?

I’ll be a happy camper if you could ask these questions :D 

9. Kenji

Kenji Well-Known Member

Some main questions!\

can you please ask these..

1. PS3 does it support custom soundtrack?
    2. Why isnt the PC version advertised in Australia and will the PC version make its way to steam
    3. is there any kind of competitive support?

please That is all I want to know.

10. King Henrik

King Henrik Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    ask about the "19 playable characters" when you exit the demo (we only know 17)

11. thepoetrydude

thepoetrydude Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. I've got some great ideas, the mind is a rolling now. I'll keep listening as much as I can, I'll be on my way up to the convention center soon. And as long as I find wifi, lol.

12. Kenji

Kenji Well-Known Member

Please ask about the PS3 custom soundtrack it wants to be known by a large number of people.

And the possibility of Steam version!

I will be very grateful.

and the Wifi there is apparently pretty great so you wont need to worry about that :) 

13. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Give us a link to the article when you finish it up.

14. lordsice

lordsice Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1) will we be able to use the chassies of the bad ass autobot & decepticon drones that we fight in the Campaign in online multiplayer.

2) On your website why is there 9 autobots and only 8 decepticons for the Campaign mode?

15. Thepower911

Thepower911 Decepticon

Are the servers gonna be fix on the "real" game?

16. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I second that. PS3 Custom Soundtrack for multiplayer's something quite thankful, especially since some games have no music at all on Multi.

17. JazzMeister19

JazzMeister19 Well-Known Member

Is there any chance of getting a offline split screen update/dlc?

18. Scoje-

Scoje- Well-Known Member

Ya, totally post the results of your interview here, would love some fo these questions answered.

My questions more aim at the multiplayer
    1 - Will there be a private match system? If so how will it work?
    2 - Will you be able to start parties of 4-5 in game then start joining games with said party?
    3 - Any clan support? Clan tags/matches/rosters etc
    4 - What kind of support do you foresee for this game? Not what will/could be DLC, but more what kind of support will be offered rather than direct content

19. Nemesis*Prime

Nemesis*Prime Decepticon Warlord

News Credits:
    What online gaming service is going to be providing online servers for the PC version (Steam, GFWL, etc.).

20. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Speaking of E3, WfC is getting some pretty damn good exposure on G4. Since they're the only ones airing E3 coverage on TV and having Gamestop as a sponser means that the Gamestop Shockwve commercial is aired like every other commercial break.