E3 2019 Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Gaastra, Nov 15, 2018.

1. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Catching up on random E3 stuff right now. Finally saw the Trials of Mana reveal and I'm cautiously optimistic. Seiken Densetsu 3 was a brilliant game for its time, and sadly un-localized due to the impending death of the SNES platform. While the Secret of Mana remake wasn't very well received, this looks like a far more in-depth overhaul, rather than just porting the old game over to a new graphics engine, with many of the old faults still intact.

I'm kinda wondering how much of a "remake" approach it'll take to the character-growth system, though, because the original game's Class system gets pretty "guide dang-it" in the endgame. Modern gamers aren't too appreciative of randomly borking their playthroughs due to lacking information.

Gotta say, I'm super looking forward to the re-orchestrated music here. The original soundtrack was fantastic, but somewhat hampered by a tinny-sounding sound font. This should be suitably amazing. We've gotten a small taste before, with Reisz's guest appearance in the Million Arthur fighting game. More of that please.

Fighting the endgame bosses with that new, lower perspective is gonna be some intimidating shit, I think.

The waifus are looking pretty gorgeous here...

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  2. unsnaggedtea76

unsnaggedtea76 Well-Known Member

Okay, finally getting around to doing this since I've needed some time to take everything from this direct in.

I did NOT expect a Breath of the Wild sequel. Well, I better finish the two Divine Beasts and upgrading some of my armor.

I need a little more information on Astral Chain because I feel there was not enough to convince me to get the game (even though I want to get it).

Trails/Collection of Mana is tempting.

I’m going to have to track down some Marvel Ulitmate Alliance 3 gameplay to decide if I want to get the game or not.

Same with Deamon X Machina. I need to watch some footage of combat before I commit to it.

Getting Banjo & Kazooie in Ultimate better mean that their games are coming to the Switch at some point.

They probably don't want to run the risk with parental groups.

That, and possibly a certain movement as well.

But I'm just speculating.
    Just thojught I would point out that the release date got leaked by Amazon Japan before the E3 direct happened.
    I could see that being a possibility, but it would be nice to that Avengers game on the Switch.
    Hey, a new female Water-type gym leader. We haven't had one of those since Misty back when Pokemon began.

And before people point out Lana from Sun & Moon, she wasn't a gym leader.

Also, can somebody cover her up a little bit.
    Since a lot of assets from BotW is already there, development shouldn't take very long. Heck, they could possibly release the game this holiday season at the earliest.
    No Pokemon? No Xenoblade? How sad. :p 

Although, they did end with a Zelda game announcement.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    That's pretty much how Majora's Mask managed to come out only a ~year after Ocarina of Time, despite that game taking 5 years (IIRC) to develop. And it should be something to be expected of most AAA games nowadays. All those high-res 3D assets and animations take a long time to build up (to say nothing of the engines, if they're being built from scratch), so games are often planned with direct sequels in mind in order to be able to recycle those assets and get some mileage out of them.

4. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

Hmmmm... Buy Collection of Mana on the eshop now or wait two months for the physical release.

5. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dark Samus Amiibo?
    *pulls out wallet*

6. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

This remake is doing it wonders I tell ya what

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Never been a Pokemon fan. Never played Xenoblade.

I saw BotW2 announced, but first I need to play the first one.

So were any 3DS games announced?

8. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

No... Cause the 3DS is a dead system, just like the PS3.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TheLastBlade

TheLastBlade Well-Known Member

Everyone else:
    CD3CF89D-3E78-4D83-98DF-426503784DD9.png

Nintendo:
    C39FA169-A4A8-44AF-A486-13296DC41975.png

• Like Like x 2
  10. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Miniautoquintessoboticon

So I have some more to say about this.

I'm not normally one to care too much about graphics, but the textures kind of look smeary and blurry, blending together in a lot of places and not in a good way. The level design doesn't inspire confidence either...But I do like the characters. Yes, even the cyborg Panda, because it's not anymore ridiculous than a cyborg Werewolf. At the very least, the bosses are suitably ridiculous for Contra.

11. BeeOtch217

BeeOtch217 Ha Ha You're a Mini-Con!

News Credits:

12. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Wonder if we'll get proper reskins/costumes for the class changes this time, rather than palette swaps. Would be nice to see Reisz in that tiny fur bikini of hers...

Also interesting to see them not using an SD art style ala the original sprites. Well, except Charlotte cuz... Charlotte.

13. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Konami not a complete bust this year, PCE/TG-16 Mini -

I think the problem with this is that it doesn't have good art direction or strong visual design. You can make nice looking games with not much money if you have those, but when you don't you just end up making lower quality versions of stuff you see in more expensive games and you immediately get that nasty low budget/effort look.

• Like Like x 3
  14. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Internet Soldier

News Credits:
    Yeah loads they just never mentioned them in the Nintendo Direct.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Blackout32

Blackout32 MEGADETH - Rust in Peace

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    So far for me on what ive seen 19' just doesn't have any games for me but maybe 2 or possibly 3 games this year. Now next year that is where the games will really be a flood that i see. I just don't understand why this year just doesn't have good games this year at the fall/winter game release.

16. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Off the top of my head there's Death Stranding, Doom, Outer Worlds, Control, Fallen Order, GOW5, GR Breakpoint, COD MW, Astral Chain, Links Awakening, Pokemon and probably LM3 and Daemon X Machina.

Fair enough if they aren't for you, but there certainly isn't a shortage of interesting and/or high profile titles coming out in Q3-4.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    A little disappointed Cyberpunk is coming out in 2020 but quality takes time and I'll wait for quality.

18. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't forget guys Nintendo is still doing treehouse for 2 more days!

More videos.

19. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:

20. Blackout32

Blackout32 MEGADETH - Rust in Peace

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Well these are my type of gaming which of your/mine list and added 2 of mine is Death Stranding,SW Fallen Order,God of War,Just Cause 4,Lego. Well of your list I'm not into those games cause they are either 1st person or i really don't like the game. I think your meaning God of War in GOW5 and YES i have that game. I have just a few of those but they must have that IT factor if you know what i mean. I'm also NOT a FPS gamer. I play games in 3rd person only and its only action/adventure games like Uncharted,RDR2,Lego and a bunch of others. I plan on buy SW jedi fallen order game and possibly Death Stranding but not sure need more details. I hope this kinda helps if you know what i mean cause written text is difficult to convey your true thoughts.