Dying of the Light - Who's up for the chop?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Focksbot, Feb 29, 2016.

1. alphatron10

alphatron10 Banned

im hoping that if megatron is going to "die", that it be metaphorical like his autobot personality dies

2. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    Everyone forgets Ambulon.

Anyway, I think it's possible Skids could die, for reasons others have stated. Nautica is too much of Roberts's pet to be offed.

Other possibilities... Thunderclash. The mutineers for sure.

I don't really see any others.

3. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon It's not easy being the best~

I don't WANT him to, but I can't help but think Thunderclash will die. Skids seems a likely choice, maybe Megatron himself. I dunno, I honestly have no idea what to expect and am willing to just wait and see.

I admit, it would be interesting if some of the characters that ALMOST died in the last finale arc-- Magnus and Tailgate-- end up meeting their real ends here.

4. MatrixBearer85

MatrixBearer85 Well-Known Member

i think Tarn will kill himself, seeing how Megatron could change up close will frustrate him and shoot himself with the double fusion cannon haha

5. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Nightbeat. We have the foreshadowing of him becoming a headmaster in the first few pages of MTMTE #50 (which is in the preview), so we straight up have a classic Roberts kill off a main character and then bring back move already set up for him. Preserve the head, then revive him as a Titanmaster. Plus Roberts has precedence for killing off Nightbeat and then bringing him back in a more incomplete form in his stories.

Riptide. Yes,
    he's a mutineer, but I highly doubt the Lost Light will avoid the DJD completely.
    He's the perfect way to "kill a main character" without really changing the status quo. He's always been there for nearly all of MTMTE Season 2's major events, but he hasn't done anything important at all.

Velocity. For mostly the same reasons as Riptide. She has no major reason to exist thanks to Red Alert and
    all of a sudden she's being treated as one of Rodimus' group and is really the only one that the Lost Lighters have set the DJD on that doesn't matter towards the status quo (along a bit more arguably with Nightbeat).

6. ClatterShards

ClatterShards Well-Known Member

On The Death Block

I hope there will be some type of betrayal from Deathasauras's group in the up coming issues. Maybe one of his soldiers still feel angry about the whole joining up with the D.J.D or perhaps it's a small bunch of NAILS being held as prisoners.

7. Sumner Sturgeon

I'm sure if I proposed a death list of, say, Riptide, Nautica, Atomiser, Nightbeat, Kindle, and Fervor, it would be hailed as having "blown Roberts' bullshit writing strategy wide open" because "haha they're all Season 2 characters who've been around forever but done nothing, it's the perfect cop-out".

8. Nocturne

Nocturne Professional Ginger

News Credits:
    I'm surprised no one has suggested Brainstorm yet. I can totally see him sacrificing himself in a epic final attempt to kill Tarn to avenge Quark.

9. Sumner Sturgeon

That, I would actually like to see. Like, that would be a neat way of tying up this whole saga of Quark and his connections to both Brainstorm and Tarn.

10. Dramatic Spoon

Dramatic Spoon Well-Known Member

I brought him up on page 1, but people seem pretty fixated of Skids dying.

After Rethinking it, I don't want Skids to die.

Losing Ten, and finding out who he was might be something interesting.
    Especially if the Ten = Dominus Ambus theory ends up being right.

11. Sumner Sturgeon

I'm not keen on it either, I'd rather Skids get payback.

And I like the idea of learning who Ten is, but maybe instead of him dying, his latent original self re-surfaces in response to some trauma during the battle with the DJD.

12. Theonlycyclonus

Theonlycyclonus Find,kill,cleanse

News Credits:
    I personally wanna see all the djd survive
    Let the bad guys win for a change because the good guys always winning gets old

13. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Yeah but if the bad guys win, all the good guys die. If the good guys win, the bad guys don't automatically die. Unless someone thinks it's payback time. Besides, the DJD allready killed the Lost Light crew remember ?
    But i wouldn't mind seeing fanfavs getting their asses kicked by a couple of underrated Decepticons.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    That could actually work.

15. Megano

Megano Well-Known Member

Well..gears hasn't done anything important if I'm correct..I don't think riptide should die e-e I'd rather he got a toy..

16. TaintedPiffy

TaintedPiffy Well-Known Member

I'm expecting an eventual return to the Functionist Universe at some point, which, to me, points to Brainstorm surviving at least until that happens. That, to me, would be the logical way of "tying up" his story.

I can't help but think that any character that we actually "saw" get turned inside out by Sunder is safe from death this round. Meaning Thunderclash turned inside out "on screen", so I can't see another grisly physical torment being bestowed upon him so quickly afterwards.

17. Tristich

Tristich Planeteer

In all honesty? No one (Autobot, anyway). Or alternatively, everyone on the Lost Light who isn't a part of the Rodimus Team. (xD)

If Perceptor did oversee the past and whatnot, chances are he is one step ahead of Getaway and already has a plan.

Lost Light-wise: I can't see Rodimus dying. Dude's got the touch. We still need to see him teaming up with Optimus, come on! His integrity is on point, an unpredictable hero with a heart of gold! Lady Luck practically grins at him. How could he die if he still hasn't put on the mantle of would-be leader all the way? Regeneration One #100, hello? I say his life extends beyond the DJD.
    Megatron, on the other hand, is way past his expiration date with the DJD, so that's tentative. He even got to say "Autobots, roll out!". He's practically kicking the bucket here.
    The rest are a hit and miss. Tarn has a history with two people there, three if Drift appears. The rest are technically free to go.

18. Sparkbreaker

Sparkbreaker New Member

Ebay:
    I sincerely hope that Tarn does not die. He has become more interesting to read about at this point than most of the LL crew- heck, I admit it was his character that drew me back into giving MTMTE another shot after I was ready to quit reading it.
    I want to see Tarn and Skids have a confrontation to wrap up the Skids=Vos and Tarn=Roller theories, it would add on nicely to the way that Roller felt toward Skids waaaaay back when he was jealous of the Outliers' abilities and finally flesh out their backstories.
    Instead of Tarn or Megatron dying, I want to see Tarn and Megatron work out their differences only to see Tarn and Deathsaurus leave together and go kick the butts of the Black Block Consortia while Megatron continues his quest and gets a final sentence from the Knights. I agree most of the other DJD members are total monsters and probably should die (Kaon and Vos killing Trailbreaker immensely peeved me), but why bother killing Nickel at this point since she wasn't introduced until #39?
    Same goes for Velocity- she's such a latecomer it'd be a waste to see her die, especially because of her medical talents. With Ratchet coming back I hope she'll jump ship over to Windblade and company.
    Riptide and Atomizer could die and I wouldn't care at this point. Same goes for Thunderclash since he's been half-dead for forever and he was useless with the whole Sunder incident.
    Just for the heck of it, Swerve irritates me and I wouldn't mind seeing him die. There has to be someone onboard the LL that would make a halfway decent bartender besides him.
    No death wishes for the following characters, but I want to see Rewind take an ego blow for how he has been treating Chromedome lately. The emotional hell that Chromedome has had to endure trying to help his little lover find Dominus Ambus while Rewind just keeps gushing about how perfect Dominus was seems endlessly degrading to Chromedome and Rewind seems oblivious to it. Just for that, I hope that Ten is Dominus Ambus just to spite Rewind and make him feel like an idiot.
    Because I love Cyclonus, I don't want him or Tailgate to die but I would like to see Tailgate suddenly lose his powers or tone them down a notch to a more believable level. I don't hate Tailgate, but he's getting more and more cocky and I miss him being the little innocent guy.
    Overall, I'd say characters like Nautica, Nightbeat, Rung, Brainstorm, and Perceptor are safe because their smarts come in handy way too often to be written off in a massacre.

19. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

MTME Megatron isn't even a really interesting character save for the Elegant Chaos. He's boring, he's a whimp.
    Wouldn't mid to have him killed.

Nothing of value would be lost anyway.

20. Ghilz

Ghilz Derpticon

I like Autobot Megs, don't think he'll die as someone else dying while the DJD is trying to get to him is too good a source of angst for him for them to do nothing. Plus Megs dying to the DJD, even as some sort of heroic sacrifice honestly kinda moots the whole point of his turning a new leaf. It doesn't redeem him, nor does it serve much in terms of punishment for his crimes. I'm still standing by my point that Megs goes out fighting the Functionist Universe - it's the only way he can win a measure of redemption, by re-doing what originally made him divebomb off the slippery slope but this time doing it right.

Velocity is the most obvious candidate for death, since she's barely had screen time.

Ravage is a possibility. It'd be both a gut punch to Megatron, and to Soundwave, and could lead to interesting stuff if Tarn lives and goes on with his plan to keep pushing the Decepticon cause, drive a giant wedge between the two biggest believers in the Decepticon cause.

Ten I think is also likely as he's a perfect "gut punch" character. Someone you kill coz you want the reader to feel bad about it.

The entirety of the mutineers isn't unlikely either, trim some of unused characters.

Weirdly, I see Rodimus himself as a potential victim. We've seen Megatron's basically a more competent captain than he is and Rodimus going out to save the team he named after himself would seem apropos and be a big redemption for the Overlord situation.