DX9 War in Pocket Grimlock

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Oct 1, 2016.

1. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    To you. And no, it isn't to me. Lazy crap like that on MP Magnus or the Seekers is why I won't buy them. It's the 21st Century for fucks sake. Why settle?

Also "could care less..." Doesn't mean what you think you're trying to convey. How many times?

If they can't be bothered to articulate something fully - including a functioning waist - then I don't want it. Because somebody else will come along and do it properly.

Oh look, somebody already did.

• Like Like x 2
  2. ProwlSpringer2020

ProwlSpringer2020 Cybertronian Knight

I feel you. I have my 4 waiting with the Iron Factory racing bros. So I was kinda hoping they would be released around the same time as Thorner and Rager. With my luck they will be delayed and I'll have all 4 dinos sitting in my stash for several more months...:rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 2
  3. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "I don't collect legends scale" ...that's what they all say in the beginning. Welcome to the family!

• Like Like x 7
  4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I can't remember the last time I put a figure on my shelf with the waist twisted, or cared if it twisted in the first place. And yeah, it's couldn't care less - as in I couldn't care less about correcting someone's post on something so trivial. Minor details like that (and waist swivels) don't bother me much.

Different opinions and all that. We have them.

5. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

Meh, I like the innovative transformations over a waist swivel. Not really a deal breaker for me.

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't have any real problems with some missing joints. These are legends scale figures; I'm not expecting something with Striker Manus levels of articulation here. I just want a cool-looking toy with a fun transformation.

7. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    Everybody has tastes/needs, just not always necessary to bang others over the head with...

Finally this guy is in light and he is interesting. Strongest thing about all these dinos is their dino mode which i can't fault any of them for. Over to their bot modes is where i have a few problems, i think Grim looks good in bot mode with his unusual looking chest piece. Bit of weird looking shape when turned up and he is looking upward...

I think he looks great just, when we first saw these my concern was their size and they were much bigger than other wip toys previous, now my concern is Grim is too small against the others. Slag and Sludge actually are the biggest dinos which ain't quite right. Hey ho, i get used to this kind of thing from dx9, i will still buy them as they have a lot to offer away from that!!!

8. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed. The inventive transformations don't really excuse limited articulation. It is weird that DX9 choose to skip a basic point of articulation with most of their recent releases.

Their Dinobots have had excellent paint jobs and good alt modes though.

9. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Throbbing Member

I have no idea! I'm sure someone on here has pictures to prove it one way or the other though...

Jokes aside, I'm super impressed they managed to hide it, at this scale no less.

• Like Like x 1
  10. IronMagnus

News Credits:
    I've only scanned through a few grimlock/dinobot vids on YouTube, but it seems like they never show grimlock's back. Most of the time he's in dino mode, and when he is in robot mode, is usually front-facing.

Maybe the animators didn't know what to do with his dino head in robot mode, so they just never drew that angle...

Alas, whether it is cartoon accurate or not, I love it. They've thrown down the gauntlet on grimlock design and ingenuity.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Krooked

Krooked Well-Known Member

in the movie, when he jumps out of the shuttle to attack devastator, it shows kind of a dino head on his back....more like a grey lump.

• Like Like x 1
  12. IronMagnus

News Credits:
    Ya, here's a still from that.

It looks like there's a chunk of material there, but it doesn't look head-shaped. So, best answer to the question is "yes, and no.."

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Throbbing Member

Just last night I lined up my GT-5 Leaders, Mech Planet Soundtrack and Iron Factory Bridgewatcher and thought to myself...

...fuck.

• Like Like x 4
  14. NemesisGamer

NemesisGamer Bane of Your Wallet

It has begun. Haha

But a great set of figures to have by the way.

15. IronMagnus

News Credits:
    http://i.imgur.com/ZPOHbD2l.jpg

Everything to the right of the bookcase is my legends collection.. not pictured are IF shockwave & seekers, wip dinobots, insecticons/gnaws and a couple others on my movie shelf.

• Like Like x 2
  16. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Gimme.

• Like Like x 2
  17. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Half and half is definitely correct, unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean. I was watching G1 just a couple of days ago so it's fresh in my mind. It's the same as how FansToys did some grey plastic, some chrome on their Dinobots.

18. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Who?

• Like Like x 1
  19. FredVIII

FredVIII HUMAN GERM!

News Credits:
    I was probably being unclear! Happens all the time . . . :lol 

What I was trying to draw attention to is this: in the toon Grimlock's dino body (with the exception of his arms/tail tip and gold/yellow bits) is a uniform grey color (as are his arms and lower legs in robot mode). But in this new DX9 toy, Grimlock's dino head and upper tail region are a flat, unpainted grey plastic while his chest/back and legs are painted metallic silver, which results in his arms and lower legs being different colors in robot mode (metallic silver and flat grey, respectively).

No biggie, but just wanted to clarify what I was trying to talk about!

ee596d454070ca8b3c359d7c9e155358.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  20. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    OH yes, my bad! I was thinking of all the others but not Grimlock, where they have the two-tone thing going on (like Grimlock's arms and lower tail), but you're definitely right. That is weird. I guess they decided they wanted Grimlock to have more of that two-tone grey/silver look like the others...? I'm not really sure.
    It's definitely an odd choice because if they had just added silver to his dino head and robot legs, it'd be completely uniform. Weird.