Dx9 Tyrant aka Galvatron

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by icemanff23, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Tontus314

Tontus314 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

Check e-bay. I saw one up there.

3. usagent27

usagent27 Well-Known Member

Thanks! Bought this a while ago

4. Marker

Marker Well-Known Member

Show.Z has Tyrant on sale for $67.99 currently. I was planning to wait for the Sovereign re-issue, but this is very tempting.

• Like Like x 1
  5. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    GOD DAMN!!!!! That’s crazy Eddie insane

6. Razzy

Razzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hmm, that's pretty cheap... Though, a question : in Emgo's review I saw the left shoulder ratchet not working, the teeth not even touching. It's it a widespread issue? And how fiddly would you people say he is?

Cya
    Raziel-chan

7. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Wow, I was going to buy Open Play Galvatron while waiting for an official version, but at this price is very difficult to resist. While not perfect, for less than 60 euro Tyrant is an absolute steal.

8. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    I have Sovereign and am not into the sausage-armed canon mode.

At $70, if Tyrant's canon mode tilted (maybe it does, but I haven't seen any reviews of it in any pose, but 'straight') and was just a hair more accurate, I'd pick this up, no doubt.

Think I'll just wait on a potential Takara release. If they eventually get around to it, I'm sure I'll end up buying that one too.

9. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah. Even though I chose FT Sovereign over Tyrant that price would've made the difference!

10. Razzy

Razzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My will is weak... In addition to Big Cannon, I also splurged for this at show z price. I just couldn't not to, with show z offering free shipping, he was basically the same price I paid for ocular max jaguar plus shipping, and that figure's tiny in comparison.

I guess I'll have two Galvies to play with. Well, five, counting the TR, Legends and MFT ones.

Don't think I'll be ever getting Sovereign, though, unless he drops to half the price. Plus, his cannon looks really dinky.

Cya
    Raziel-chan

11. dirtmodeler

dirtmodeler Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm in on Tyrant.. got him from Show.Z for $65.99 shipped with that $2 off coupon.

I get that Sovereign is 'better', he does look good great even.. but not that much more great!

I feel like Tyrant is the Sprint and Sovereign is the Verizon.

I used to ask Can you Hear Me Now, but do you really want to pay twice as much, when Tyrant's accuracy is 99% what Fanstoys is?

12. Razzy

Razzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Pretty much. Sovereign is nice, but the flipout nature of the back part of the cannon makes it look really dinky, and the cannon mode's support struts actually look worse than the TR toy, like a cannon doing pushups. Plus, Tyrant has actual working threads and I love these.

For that price there's no contest, Sovereign costs over 2.5 times as much.

Cya
    Raziel-chan

• Like Like x 1
  13. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

Two things on Tyrant for those just getting one:

1) Watch his face when you tuck it away for transformation inside his chest, it's easy to scrape his face paint up.

2) On his sides in robot mode are the cannon treads with the "arms" the treads are hooked to (The cannon arms / support struts). They have this little hinged purple flip down cap on each one. Make sure to flip and watch that before you rotate the arms into cannon mode or you'll break them off. You'll see what I mean when you look at him.

Other than that, this guy is really great and his alt mode is a perfect Galvatron cannon.

EDIT: Oh yeah...the original release had his hip skirts on backwards and you had to pop them off and flip them around. I *assume* they fixed that but you never know. If you take off one of his hip skirts and look inside there is a cut out that looks like this o----

The "O" should go towards the back of the bot (I think that's where the ball joint goes into if memory serves) and the line points towards his front in bot mode. Save you some grief going to alt mode in case they're wrong. They pop on easily either way though so no worries. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  14. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    After buying a KO MP Megatron, my collection needed a Galvatron. So after much research, video reviews, pictorial reviews, general commentary... Almost everyone told me to buy Sovereign. But I just didn't like him. Not sure what it is, but I just couldn't bring myself to buy it. Even handled Sovereign in person. No go. When I saw the price dropped on Tyrant, I took the plunge. I thought he was visibly superior, but every video review complained about him in some aspect.

Holy crap am I glad I stick with my gut. This figure is amazing. Absolutely amazing. Built solid. Creative transformation. Incredible detailing. Striking resemblance to the character.

It's my Galvatron. I just marvel at the fact that it goes from a mostly purple robot to a mostly gray cannon.

Highly recommended to anyone and everyone. Wish I would have picked this up sooner.

20180305_231741.jpg 20180305_231642.jpg 20180304_225649.jpg 20180304_225512.jpg 20180304_163318.jpg 20180304_163237.jpg 20180304_143801.jpg 20180304_144216.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  15. Enfin

Enfin Destron

Glad I got it too ages ago. Only thing I do not like are those giant hinges on the sides of his torso and the little posability of the cannon mode. Other than that, excellent figure.

16. halfaway

halfaway Did you think you were cool?

why has no one produced a toy/comic color version of Galvatron ??

17. dirtmodeler

dirtmodeler Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    got him a while back and really love him! only paid like $63 for him shipped.. definitely worth every penny!

he's freaking big though! not that much shorter than my MMC Quantron figure all combined!

[​IMG]

Does anyone have Tyrant AND GT-03 Op.EX Prime? I'm wondering how much of a size difference there is between the two?

I'd love a side-by-side pic?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Jtotheiso187

Jtotheiso187 Well-Known Member

I owned Tyrant first, sold him and bought Sovereign. Both really nice figures. The only thing Sovereign outright wins is his hands and outward hip ratchets and maybe paint. I sold Sovereign during the drought for 200 lol. Bought Tyrant again for 73, no regrets here!

• Like Like x 1
  19. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    I have both, but I'm in the middle of moving and they're packed up. If no one else comes through on this, shoot me a PM next week to remind me.

20. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Yeah, he's got ratchets for the lateral hip motion. You go from standing straight at attention straight to an A-stance that's good for action poses. He could have used a click or two between for a more relaxed stance.

To be fair, though, Carry is the same way and Carry is pretty much my favorite toy ever.

• Like Like x 1