Dx9 Tyrant aka Galvatron

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by icemanff23, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Co-signed.

2. King Nergil

King Nergil Humanoid anchovy

...which is absolutely correct, yes.

Man, some people here are spreading the most absurd informations in this thread. Galvatron as tall as the average carbot... Yeah, right. Seriously. Why don't they just take a look at a Season 3 episode themselves. :confused: 

3. wingheaven7

wingheaven7 Well-Known Member

So much discussion on proportions. Let's all face it. This falls into the category of buy now cause there is no other MP option, sell later if something better comes along.

We will all have this.:) 

4. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    Not going to buy something because there is no other option, I'd rather go without until there is another option... Seems to me most will snap anything up and call it mp because they are desperate to fill that slot

5. Destron UK

Destron UK G1 Dinobot Pro

News Credits:
    That's just bizarre.

6. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    DX9 does seem to have a problem with making their bot limbs looking in proportion to the rest of the figure (the arms are usually a tad too short), but their head sculpts have been on point. Tyrant isn't 100% MP perfect, admittedly, but I can overlook those quibbles as I expect this guy will look awesome opposite Carry (whom I do plan to purchase).

Flanked by X-TB Cyclonus and Scourge, he'll look even better, I suspect.

7. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Looks amazing! Would definitely consider getting this as I am starting to move towards 3P stuff lately.

8. Son of Carl

Son of Carl ROCK BEATS EVERYTHING

My overall impression of this figure is, "meh". But you are right, that face sculpt is great, one of the best that I've seen.

9. Lodril

Lodril Poet of Destruction

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    That pic doesn't quite support your supposition... given that Convoy is standing behind him, they look to be fairly similar in height in that shot.

Regardless, that bit of 'toony rectitude is not really relevant to trying to see how this figure would look next to MP Rodimus. If it makes you feel better though, please do post the scale chart again; that won't help me any more than this did, but I know everyone always gets a kick out of seeing charts.

10. Sixo

Sixo Canonical

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Is it that time? I think it is... :D 

[​IMG]

I have to say, the more I look at this, the more I like it. The picture above is the best one for me, so far. Doesn't look awkward at all in that pic.

11. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Galvatron has that head crest and the handle on the back, so he should be a bit taller.

• Like Like x 1
  12. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

So this is in QC stage and coming out in Q3, but we're just seeing it. While Carry was announced nearly six months ago and is on the same schedule?! Not trying to start a conspiracy, but that certainly seems.... inconsistent.

I'm torn, as I love DX9 products, and I know this will be top-notch quality. But the legs (i understand about the diecast feet, no need to point it out) look disproportionately small. I can't decide if the thighs are too skinny or if the legs are too short, or both. Sixo is right, the straight-on pic above looks pretty good, but all the others look like he has odd proportions.

But I know it will be 100% solid. While I am 99% sure XTB will be showing a Galvy soon, and it will probably be spot-on with the aesthetics but only marginal in the quality dept. Pick your poison gentlemen.

13. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    Very excited for this but for some reason, I expect X-Transbot or another company to show their version. I won't PO this anywhere but I'll definitely buy it as soon as he comes out if there is no other version coming out at that time.

14. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    Actually guys,the last pic shows him with MP Prowl and he obviously scales with him,so I don't see why he couldn't fit in with other MP's.As for me the design looks good but I will wait for closer to finished models before I decide,but this does have potential.

15. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Hmm. A little off the mark for me, particularly the stubby thighs. I'll wait for more pics or the XT version.

16. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe they kept it a secret?

17. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Frag, I really had no desire for Masterpiece sized 3rd party figs...but this might sway me. I agree, the thighs look kinda thin, but I'm pretty happy with everything else.

18. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

Anything is possible, but that's not the norm for them (or any other 3P out there for that matter).

19. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

Me, too... I'm not keen on him being MP scale - it just raises the price and makes him ungodly large. But the face is much better than the Unique Toys version, imo, and the chained Matrix is a nice touch!

Plus, I imagine they're not gonna f-up the colors like with the first release of Mania King! :lol  Gonna wait and see on this one... :sly: 

20. Initial_G

Initial_G Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How's it weird? Given:
    This is prowl next to Optimus. It doesn't look too out of proportion to me [​IMG]

That said though, it's not an instant buy for me. The proportions of upper/lower body don't quite seem right to me also, it's likely that X-TB may release one too (ie. Galvatron wars!)