Dx9 Tyrant aka Galvatron

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by icemanff23, Aug 15, 2015.

1. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    DX9 never closed up. They simply said they will not make any NEW molds because the designer left. They are currently releasing g2 stunticons and are re-issuing old molds.

• Like Like x 3
  2. ThrustJan

ThrustJan Well-Known Member

Thanks very much to you all ,at this point I'll buy a Tyrant on late February, are still cheap and absolutely not rare.But I support anyway a re-release of this toy.
    True I wanted to pass to legends but first I need a MP Galvatron for my collection.
    As a last note,were you forced to loosen the screws on yours to pull out hands in transforming him to avoid eventual breakage?Emgo said that that transforming wrist on his was rather difficult for that.

3. daddytron

daddytron Your mom is an oversized CHUG

I can’t remember if it was EmGo or another reviewer that found that’s the biggest culprit for this is the fact that the hand doesn’t just fold in. It folds in and tabs VERY securely. Completely unnecessarily. The hand is already folded in and the forearm closed. It’s not going anywhere. Whichever reviewer it was sliced off the tab inside the forearms and said it made a big difference.

I didn’t have the heart to take a knife to a $160 toy that way so I never did it, on either the past copy nor the present copy of the toy that I had.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ThrustJan

Thanks!So in the package is already in robot mode?If is true,in extreme case, to avoid using knife, I'll keep him in robot mode and use my G1 as alt mode.

5. daddytron

He comes packaged in bot mode. I recommend doing his transformation at least once. It’s very clever and his alt mode looks terrific. I find it particularly impressive how his bot mode is 70% purple and 30% gray but in alt mode the percentages swap. Like the engineers performed some kind of color swapping sorcery.

The joints are all painfully tight the first time you do it though. I have found that many DX9 figures are kind of like baseball gloves that way. They are overly stiff out of the box and have to be broken in a bit before they function optimally. Mightron, Tyrant, Gewalt, Gabriel, Montana, Capone....all fall into this category.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ThrustJan

You're right I'm just rewatching also other videos,in alt mode destroy FT. So unless is a bad copy, I can transform easily hands without knife.
    Thanks again.

• Like Like x 1
  7. daddytron

I have both Tyrant and Sovereign and also Sovereign M and Tyrant’s alt mode is so good, it absolutely obliterates Sovereign’s. I consider Tyrant a must own just for that reason.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Stykthyn

Stykthyn Well-Known Member

Anyone have an extra matrix?