DX9 Toys D06 Carry - Studio OX Inspired Rodimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by The Crow, Mar 4, 2015.

1. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Someone else said those were tough to get out so I just used a thin tool.
    Sounds like a good practice, sorry to see.
    Take note, guys, heels are tough to get out and you can indeed use too much force. Prying them out with something thin made it easy and painless.

2. mag_jr.

mag_jr. <B><font color=red>TFW2005 Article Guy</font></B> Veteran

I generally don't like to use sharp objects to pry things because you can slip and dig the hell out of the plastic. I did try using the flat end of the handle on nail clippers to pry it up, and that was when it broke. I didn't sit there shoving on it like an ape. I know better than that.

3. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Mine is practically perfect. Shame to see these issues. A few scuffs on the translucent canopy aside, a few scratches on the roof (that plastic type is a bastard for it and that happened on the assembly line and will be endemic, I guarantee it), he's mint.

My issues are superficial and standard of any mass produced figure. Cracks and snaps are not. I hope these are one offs and that DX9 take serious note of the packaging of the Targetmaster. Mine wasn't snug. He was on the bonnet
    I was lucky there.

Still, magnificent figure all said and done.

4. deaculpa

News Credits:
    pretty much this. i got home and double checked mine, nothing else to complain about. . really didnt expect this to jump so high up on my list of favorite figures. very happy i made this investment.

and i could have waited an eternity to take this, although ill do it better later.

[​IMG]

5. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    I am glad then that Terror will be a limited edition. With only 2000, what could go wrong?

6. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ask the owners of the black MP-9. Although there are likely significantly more of those produced.

7. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    I was being sarcastic by the way. According to dalianjj, each one of Quakewave's run was only 2000, so:
    1. What's so limited about the number 2000.
    2. The first run of QW had brittler wiring if I remember correctly.

Just hoping that DX9 will make sure that none of the scratches, etc makes it to Terror.

8. twelvesam

twelvesam Animated Jumpstarter

Ebay:
    Carry is currently in my POL. Will this guy help me pass on TT Rodimus 2.0?

9. T4LIFE

T4LIFE Well-Known Member

On a note about the scratch issue it seems a widespread problem and I'm just wondering if DX9 is going to do something about it like providing part replacement to compensate through the retailers like warbotron did and in the meantime, Version 2.0 maybe ??

Another alternative to resolve is Dr Killinger if he's willing to take on it.

10. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Has anybody even tried to just use some surface/plastic polish ?

11. deaculpa

News Credits:
    if no one had pointed it out, i would never have noticed. its not noticeable to the naked eye.

scales a little better with MP10 spike, who is 10-20% smaller than the artfeather bee spike i showed earlier.

spike really likes yellow.

[​IMG]

12. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This figure is a beauty and I'm super tempted to buy it, but should I be waiting on a v2 of this guy? Cause the QC isn't looking too hot...

13. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    I don't think DX-9 has ever done a V2 for any release. Their quality is generally some of the best around. I think the worst thing happening here isn't quality related but is due to the targetmaster just freely tumbling around in the box scratching things. If you buy it from somewhere like BBTS or ToyDojo then you will be taken care of if you get one that isn't satisfactory.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  14. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's a pretty odd looking break, it makes me think the pin may be driven through just a tiny bit off from straight, since a similar issue caused a similar break on the hand of a Sam's Club RID Optimus for me years ago.

15. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I don't know. Will it? It's a different character.

If I had to choose only one, I'd probably get TT MP Hot Rod over a 3P Rodimus Prime, especially with the various QC problems we've spent the past few pages discussing, and despite the fact that I'm a bigger fan of Rodimus Prime than I am of Hot Rod.

But that's me.

16. MuNg

MuNg Well-Known Member

Thought long and hard about this, looked at my other DX9 stuff...read these posts aaaaaand ordered it from Toy Dojo today. Gonna take the risk. (they are quick! From order to shipped on a Saturday afternoon....bravo!) gonna be in Bot mode most of the time anyway even if I have some scratches.

17. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd say buy Carry for Rodimus form and Hot Rod for well...Hot Rod form. MP-09 isn't inherently a bad figure, but Takara expected him to do too much with too little. His plastic is thin, the tolerances were too high and the transformation was too complex for hinges made out of translucent plastic. Too much weight bearing down on them, as well.

I realize you can do it all in one shot with MP-09 and it's show/film accurate for the most part, but like I said in a previous post, it's more an heirloom display piece rather than toy you can actually transform, which is it's intended gimmick.

With Carry doing his job as Rodimus and Hot Rod doing his job as Hot Rod, you get the best of both worlds with higher quality materials and less to worry about.

18. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Just fyi, you transformed him wrong. Don't spin his waist around to get the feet to point forwards. Spin the individual legs around.

You have his butt facing the front. :D 

19. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep, someone pointed that out to me in the UK thread, d'oh. I clearly wasn't paying attention to the instructions and turned his entire waist around instead of just the legs.

So now his backside isn't frontside he's an even better figure. :) 

Now that I've transformed him a few times, the only thing that makes me nervous is folding and unfolding the wings, especially the first step of the transformation from truck to robot. And tabbing the back of the vehicle into place when transforming him back is a bit fiddly and awkward. Other than those two steps it's a fun and very clever transformation. And that robot mode really is stunning.

20. deaculpa

News Credits:
    Can carry fit in ultra Magnus's trailer?