DX9 Toys D06 Carry - Studio OX Inspired Rodimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by The Crow, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Monari

Monari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree with you on this, especially the cost part.

To be honest, the Targetmaster is very extraneous, and I would have preferred they not include it and reduce the price down a bit. It's ok I guess, but having Rodimus' more iconic gun would have been preferred.

2. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):

Attached Files:

3. Gargamel

Gargamel Well-Known Member

I meant, do you guys want him because he scales better or do you like his aesthetics compared to MP09?

4. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    This will be one of the few times I will agree a Targetmaster is extraneous. Because Rodimus Prime never had one (or any Rodimus in Japanese G1 continuity), and because this one looks nothing like the one Hot Rod had in US G1.

That said, if the cost difference between what things are and what they would have been without the Targetmaster is $30 or less, I'll take the Targetmaster.

I know you weren't asking me, but I want him not because I like the aesthetics better than MP-09 (I don't), or because it scales better than MP-09 in Rodimus Prime mode (it doesn't), but because I want a Rodimus Prime I can transform at will without the fear that it might be the final time.

5. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't realize that wasn't part of the original design. Time to cancel my preorder and wait for a revision 2 or a firm release on this addition to fix the alt mode.

6. Chaddicus

Chaddicus Don't call me Shirley

? It's a custom hood, won't be part of the his guy unless you get yourself a custom hood

7. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know they said it's a custom hood. I didn't realize the original design didn't have that yellow spoiler over the cab - i just took for granted that it was there based on robot mode pics.

When/how can we get that custom hood?

8. Gargamel

Gargamel Well-Known Member

I were asking all of you - thanks for the answer - that's what I assumed.

9. Monari

Monari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As I suspected, he's perfect as a CW Rodimus Prime, in both modes. The figure itself is nearly flawless. I'm so happy to finally have a decent Rodimus.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. DoctorWho

DoctorWho Transformers: Mememaster

News Credits:
    That's not true of everyone, though. I got it because I liked the aesthetics in addition to having a more stable version of Rodimus. The only thing that would've topped it for me is if the face sculpt (as good as it is) was based on Geoff Senior's rendition of Rodimus from Marvel UK.

11. GohanX

GohanX Well-Known Member

Thanks for those pics, I've been waiting to see how he stacked up next to those exact figures since I don't collect MP's anymore but I have most of those CW guys. Looks great, but oh Ultra Magnus, why couldn't you be a little taller. Hey 3P designers, I'll give you $$$ to make him an inch taller like Megatron over there.

12. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Damn, I really like to have this guy, to go along my MMC Feralcons and Hex, he just looks so damn good. Gonna enjoy watching the pics, and video reviews of the final. Transformation on test shot looks so fun too.

13. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    If anyone can take pics of Carry with the Feralcons / Feral Rex / Hex, that would be very much appreciated.

14. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Well to be fair, Megs is taller over there because he is wearing the DX 9 boots.

15. GohanX

GohanX Well-Known Member

Well yeah, that's what I mean. Magnus needs a new set of boots too! You can mistransform the feet a little to get some more height but he's really wobbly if you do that.

16. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Yesterday, during work, a car was parked nearby. A Suzuki Carry and I kept on hoping my GF would text me to let me know a package had arrived.

But I had to wait until today.

First the negative. This is my 2nd (or 3rd, counting UT Soundmixer) figure from DX9, and like Chigurh before, I feel DX9 should spend a little more time evening the edges. Several parts have a little bit too much plastic and in one case, the joint for folding the trailer into a spoilerwing, this was so much that I couldn't transform this part. Had to take a hobby knife and cut this away.

Sadly, another point is on his chest where a tiny bit of plastic (tenth of a millimeter) protrudes outwards. Other small imperfections are a paint chip on the outside of his left foot, a little awkward piece of red plastic in his knee, and some rough spots on the back of his orange upper legs.

Now the good. He looks incredibly well, is very posable, the chrome looks good, feels like a durable figure, has more good heft to him than MP-9, and he has far more character to him. (I said this and my GF immediately agreed, but she never liked the look of MP-9 to begin with.) In a way Carry has the look to him as MP-10: not a perfect rendition of the cartoon, but a mix of different source and just like MP-10, he looks more heroic that the original design was.

I do dislike the Targetmaster. I've now given Carry MP-9's rifle and it looks far better and he grips it rather well (save for the peg on the handle making it a bit skewed).

Time to fix that broken hinge behind his head and sell MP-9. Carry is the rightful leader of my MP+ collection, and he looks perfectly at home with a collection consisting of MP's, 3rd party and a few random figures.

17. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    lol no. Great if it's what you wanted in a CW leader Rodimus Prime, but no. He makes Magnus look like a shrimp, even in vehicle mode -- not even close to scale. The only one who looks like he scales right next to Carry in your photos is Brainstorm. Megatron with the boots looks pretty good, but without them, he's way too short, too.

18. cabutler

cabutler Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Just got an email from The Chosen Prime saying that they expect to have Carry in today. I honestly can't wait to get him.

19. T4LIFE

T4LIFE Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update and version 2.0 is what I will wait for then.

How is the figure overall as far as hollowness goes as I find it to be an issue (for me) with Chigurh.

20. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    For those of you that just got yours, do the hands seem like they will loosen up to the point that they can no longer hold the gun?