DX9 Toys D06 Carry - Studio OX Inspired Rodimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by The Crow, Mar 4, 2015.

1. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know about the molded one but I mean one that he can hold in his hands and open like in the '86 movie. See this link ----> DX9 Toys CARRY I've seen Tyrant with it in promo photos. There is also a reference of it here in the promo piece for Carry. Look towards the bottom of the first pic where it says "under a product comes". It does not look like any of the matrix's from Takara.

2. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    i believe the opening matrix on a chain comes with DX9 Tyrant.

3. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

Which I now need to buy. :( 

4. dxorcist

dxorcist Well-Known Member

Picked mine up last week and finally had a chance to transform him today and guess what? Mine came installe with 2 RIGHT FEET so I cannot transform him into robot mode. Just sent an inquiry to TFSOURCE so hopefully this gets resolved. Otherwise this is a beautiful figure.

5. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Wow. I had a similar problem with 2 of the same parts installed and thus creating a problem during transformation. Mine were not the feet though.

6. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    I'm holding Carry in robot and I still have a hard time believing it turns into a full truck. Sick.

7. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    $160.00 shipped is about the going rate at the major stores.

Contact
    Manolo Peguero on Facebook. He had them for $145.00 shipped, brand new. He may be getting more in. In fact, you can find a lot of good deals on Facebook in the groups.
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000231572988&fref=photo

8. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

Thanks for the photos TJ. The blaster looks ridiculous but the figure just looks amazing.

Patiently awaiting delivery of mine.

10. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

I'll take one Generations Springer sized, please.

11. motorthing

motorthing We woz robbed

News Credits:
    I would be all over that. When the MP bubble finally bursts I hope that will happen.

Finally got mine and He is all kinds of awesome. DX9 are killing it right now.

12. kollekxon

kollekxon Well-Known Member

I have recently started buying MP Transformers. I didn't like what i read about MP9 and have chosen to buy Carry. Is there a fix for the scuff marks on the top of the trailer?

13. T4LIFE

T4LIFE Well-Known Member

This is the only suggestion I've seen so far. The guy at the local hobby store might have something equivalent or better to offer if there is one by you.

14. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Fortunately, they really only show in the right light/angle. That piece is made of a different plastic or has a different coat that kinda wears off inevitably, but they aren't scuffs in the actual plastic. I doubt you'll care when you see it in hand, but I of course can't guarantee that.

15. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, if you go to the automotive section of your local Walmart/Supermarket they should sell a Product made by Quixx that is used to "defog/polish" car headlight lens. It works wonderfully for this type of thing.

Why? Because this stuff is MADE to remove scratches from clear plastic and there is no risk of any solvents altering the chemistry of the plastic causing brittleness with time. Its very simple to apply, just put a little on a microfiber cloth, and in a circular pattern, rub the affected area.

The only downside is that it, like just about any abrasive paste, will remove paint if you rub on it enough. It shouldn't hurt to get it on the paint as long as you do not rub on it a lot. Just simply wash any paste off that gets on any painted area's, in a pinch you could probably get it off with a damp sponge or soft rag.

Whats really cool, it works on just about all plastic surfaces. So if for whatever reason you wanted to say... remove a matte finish or a nasty paint application. You can actually use this stuff to do that. :D 

That being said... the suggested metal polish might work to. But some manufactures add solvents to metal polish to aid in removing tarnish/stains/whatever from a variety of metals. Some of these solvents can actually craze clear plastic, which basically means it chemically alters the plastic, not only making it brittle but fogging it up as well.

Edit:
    Here is the stuff your looking for. You dont really need the UV sealer, but you want the polishing compound in the tube.

Amazon.com: Quixx 00084-US Headlight Restoration Kit and Sealer: Automotive

Amazon.com: Quixx Acrylic Scratch Remover: Automotive

16. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Guys, I have a couple of questions:

1. How does this figure compared to TT's Rodimus version 1 & 2 (I have both and both are crap and disappointing IMO)? Is Carry more stable and more durable?

2. I'm planning to buy this from a private seller in my country. If there's a QC error such as 2 of the same limbs...who do I contact with?

3. Can anyone recommend a set of Autobot symbol stickers I can use on him?

Thanks in advance!

17. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    dxorcist, was TFSOURCE able to help you? What did they do?

18. kollekxon

kollekxon Well-Known Member

Mine is coming from BBTS. will try the above suggestions if needed. Thanks to all for the great tips.

19. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Just got this bad boy from Captured Prey and cracked him open. Wow, what an awesome figure! The alt mode is small, sure, but it's solid and looks nice next to Classics vehicles (and doesn't look so bad next to MP figures either). Very compact and rolls well enough on its rubber tires. There are some minor scratches on the roof of the trailer and scuffs on the windscreen, but they only really show up under bright, direct light. I can easily live with them and it's nothing one wouldn't see on an official HasTak toy release.

The bot mode is where this guy shines. So poseable and very solid construction. The transformation is very interesting, not so complex that it's frustrating but not so easy that it's insulting; it's the right balance of neat engineering and solid fun. You'll notice that I used the word "solid" a lot with this guy. He's just a joy to handle and nothing feels like it's going to break.

The targetmaster is probably the only downside with this release and he's actually not so terrible in hand even if he's nothing to write home about either. He looks OK as Carry's photon rifle once you seat him into the hands in a decent grip/pose (can be a bit fiddly though).

A great purchase overall!

20. dxorcist

dxorcist Well-Known Member

Not yet, my request has been logged with their Customer Service Team on Tuesday Oct 6. I'm currently waiting for their 'next steps.'