DX9 Stunticons

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by oku, Jul 10, 2017.

1. FiVE1ZERO

FiVE1ZERO ***MACROSS ROOKiE*** (aka Noob.!)

Interesting... So that pic is telling me that I CAN PUT A JUICE BOX IN HIS BACK.!.! Lol:D 

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator! TFW2005 Supporter

MM crawls up the backside and sits inside. Cool. It’s like a big set of combing power armor.

:cool: 

3. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Well-Known Member

Yowza.

4. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I don't know if I would bother sticking MM in the back there, unless he needs the downward gravity/weight. I would think it would just make him back heavy otherwise.

5. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @metalwar2010 I see where you're coming from my brother, but I'd have to say @nhyone is right. DX9 faced stiff competition from other 3P companies when it came to Omega Supreme and the Stunticons. In addition, DX9 was extremely slow in releasing their Stunticons. So slow that most fans already had their MP Stunticons needs met between FT and XTB (or both). Same with Omega. Not many people are looking to triple dip across companies.

Meanwhile, in the 3 + years since its release, DX9 hasn't dropped the price for Carry, their MP scale Rodimus. Outside of the qc plagued Takara MP Rodimus, there isn't any real competition for a good quality MP Rodimus. Enough people bought it so there's no incentive for them to drop the price.

6. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Those empty legs worry me a bit, especially if they are made by folding panels. Everything has to tab perfectly in order to not hinder the stability of the combiner. The fact that Menasor's body transform into the trailer (I'm not sure if there is partsforming involved of is a perfect transformation) makes the whole separate exoskeleton thing more acceptable, though.

7. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feared the direction this was headed, but having the 'extendo-trailer' confirmed makes me even more glad that I sold off their Breakdown. Henry still makes for a nice stand in for Wildrider until FT produces their version, but once they do Henry is likely on the chopping block as well.

8. Saverboy28

Saverboy28 Well-Known Member

Meansor ……. why are the leg bots at the back of the legso_O ? Can they face forward:) ?

[​IMG]

9. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Well-Known Member

They're on the back because that's G1 toy and toon accurate.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe Is it...Safe???

Instagram:
    Not the least bit interested in Dx9 Stunticons but I’d love to buy the lightning bug separately

11. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Uhm, looking again at the pictures, the legs seems sturdier than I thought, they don't look to be folded from the trailer panels but probably simply collapse CW style. So the biggest problem know is that Menasor still doesn't have special powers.

12. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    No doubt about Carry but what about Hanzo or Tyrant then?

As far as Gabriel goes, DX9 isn't starting out so well with quality there. I anticipate MM to go down in price, even if it takes a year because of the first two car bots being the dead weight. Those cars are supposed to be priced at $99. Yet, they can be had as low as $64 each. As you noted about competition, XTB has already flooded the market with G1, G2, and even toy color versions (prices below DX9's too), on top of FT's chugging along with their set. I'm happy to support DX9's but quality had me hesitant to pay even $80 for their car bots and I already had 2 sets of XTB's cars and FT's MM by then.

Regardless, I'm just trying to get it for a price that one retailer clearly felt it could sell it for (15% off retail) and still make a profit. I'm not trying to convince anyone you can get it on clearance at 50-75% off before X-Mas.

13. eVac Z

eVac Z Cybertron and all of its figures belong to ME!

News Credits:
    If it weren't for the fact that I proportionally like the FansToys one more I would've chosen these instead. The trailer is a brilliant idea for the exoskeleton.

14. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

Just noticed the gorilla arms. I'm out :( 

15. octobotimus

octobotimus Plastic Criminal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Going to have a very tough time finding a MM without them given that’s his design...

16. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

FT fits the bill

17. Bruticus88

Now the ball has been punted back in to XTBs hands. I was and most likely will have 3 completed sets from FT, XTB, and DX9 when available. I also have 3 Omegas too... I love that feeling of completion lol. But XTBs MM aka Gravestone needs to be at least up to the level of DX9 MM aka Capone. Both in individual bot mode and combined mode. The ealier XTB MM prototype from last week, looked bad... really bad imho... and there's not been much mention on how the combined mode forms and what sort of redesign has taken place with MM. I do really like the XTB toon limb bots (even with the qc issues)... but it's not looking good for their combined Menasor based on the prototype combined mode. The torso looks bad, and the arms where the limb bots connect are not what I had in mind. Also XTBs combined Not-Menasor/Monolith is not very G1 toon accurate... overall profile looks off, toros is too V tapered, and the feet or bedroom slippers too big... which compared to the XTB limb bots are pretty much G1 toon accurate to a fault... in form, shape, and color.

FT still has the #1 spot in the Stunticons race ... so to speak. ;) 
    DX9 is firmly in 2nd place with their Capone now on the release horizon and based on the combined mode engineering we see here.
    XTB has dropped back to 3rd place... and is fading fast...

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  18. toonbot

toonbot Well-Known Member

Fandom wants to build menasor! Looking like dx9 is going to be the first and will get a ton of impulse buys. Nice job guys!

• Like Like x 2
  19. octobotimus

octobotimus Plastic Criminal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    His arms seem to go to just above the knees as well. Idk, looks about the same to me.

Personally like dx9’s for the fact you get most of menasor with him and the back is apparently cleaner than on the FT. (Which surprises me)
    1BF0CA61-961A-43FE-AAD4-8A83E0D757AC.jpeg

20. Bruticus88

It should not. As RoadKing is carrying an entire compressed trailer on his back. :peoples: 

• Like Like x 4