DX9 Stunticons

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by oku, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Blazing Mewtwo

Blazing Mewtwo Decepticon Lover

2. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

One week for Henry to travel from Phoenix to Las Vegas! FedEx SmartPost is truly anything but smart.

• Like Like x 1
  3. daddytron

Ok, got my Henry today and he has a slight bobble. Nothing as bad as the BSF reviewer but enough to almost give me seizures when I set him down. What’s the best way to fix this? I saw a recommendation for glue...what kind and do I put it where the neck connects to the rotating plate on top or on bottom where the pin/rivet is? And if it’s on bottom how do I get access to that part?

4. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Banned

Montana is a floppy mess that doesn't hold together well at all. Henry is a massive step up in engineering.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sanity Bleeds

Sanity Bleeds Well-Known Member

So, just picked up Montana and Henry and gotta say, Henry is as great as everyone has said, but while Montana has his issues, I don't see the negativity most people or going with. On my copy, from the knees up he is flawless. The way his shins and ankles come together is extremely odd, but holds together quite well and holds poses well too, as long as I don't fiddle around with him too much. The only real issue I have is his left diecast heel piece does not want to sit flat and will lock the foot into an inverted "V" shape any time I pick him up. Not a major deal breaker, especially with all the bizarre diecast feet issues I've had of late. I went from having no interest in this set to being very eager to get my hands on the rest of the team!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Madgame

Madgame Well-Known Member

Have there been any pics of DX9 Dead End and Dragstrip yet?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  7. daddytron

Glad to hear it, I have Montana coming on Thursday.
    Also, thanks to Pezley for advice on the bobble head fix. I applied Elmer’s Wood glue around that pin/rivet with a toothpick and it fixed that neck right up. No bobble whatsoever now.

• Like Like x 4
  8. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Well-Known Member

Interested in these, but only one is currently available on BBTS.

9. Sanity Bleeds

Well, Henry is available on ToyDojo, TFSource, and TheChosenPrime. Montana is available on BBTS, ToyDojo, TFSource, but not TheChosenPrime, ATM. If you aren't in a rush and want to save a chunk of money, there's a myriad of reputable sellers in China, the Philippines, Singapore, etc. that have them, both on Ebay and on individual sites as well.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Madgame

Madgame Well-Known Member

Show.Z is having a flash sale on Henry. $64.99 shipped to USA

Edit: oops it was a single, open box fig

11. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No worries. I'l wait for the next Ebay flash sale and pick it up MISB from Baba.

12. Sanity Bleeds

Thats exactly what I did on the last flash sale. Fantastic figure with very intuitive transformation. Whatever faults Montana may have had are pretty much erased with Henry. The only issue, that translucent red front windshield is SCARY!

13. razingstorm

razingstorm Well-Known Member

I just got Henry and Montana. Montana's paint was so jacked that he came with nearly an entire figure's worth of replacement pieces and his chest piece was still badly chipped. I had to paint him with the only blue I had on-hand which was not a great match. I would have contacted TCP for help but to be honest, I'd have to send the whole figure back and I just can't be assed to do that. And Brandon's likely tired of my luck with QC. Joint-wise he's fine though, and the transformation is fun. Hip ratchet teeth are too far apart.

Henry's great. No issues, nice in both modes, head wasn't loose at all. Definitely YMMV.

They look great in my display, further cementing the XTB guys were too friggin' small for my needs.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How is it scary?
    I guess Henry (and maybe Richthofen) shows us that DX9 has finally improved their quality.

15. daddytron

There are two moving parts on Henry's windshield. The first is in the front of the car mode and is connected by two nubs. It pops off if you pull the roof up too much or do something out of order on the back. Nothing scary about that as far as I can see. No thin pieces around pins or anything load-bearing.

The second part is where the section of gray roof rotates. It's connected to the clear red windshield by a clear red mushroom peg, and while it's not super tight it's not loose either. Mine has what might be a stress mark around the base of the mushroom peg. It's hard to tell because there's paint overspray and reflections around that area. The instructions tell you to rotate it 180 degrees for robot mode, but all it adds are a couple panel lines in the back. I would just skip that step if the durability of the clear mushroom peg is something that concerns you. I'm not sure, I'm leaning towards just leaving it alone because it really doesn't add anything to his look and is kind of an unnecessary step. Some of the reviewers missed it entirely. Come to think of it, I missed it the first time I transformed it.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  16. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    It's weird that DX9 didn't have any slides whatsoever for TFCon.

• Like Like x 1
  17. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

I think it's for weapon storage. His gun can plug into the slots on the underside. Personally I just skip it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. daddytron

So Montana came and I have to say he’s kind of a mixed bag. I looked at the paint in car mode and thought...this is pretty good. Nothing glaringly bad here. Some annoying sprue marks on the charcoal colored vents and the two toned white on the roof is a real thing, but nothing too bad.
    Got him to robot mode (which was a bit of a bear because of the tightness of some pieces). Tons of paint issues on the upper legs and crotch plate. Two huge paint chips on the flap. And chips and blue paint smears on the upper legs.
    There’s a weird feeling of looseness to him in a few strange places where it hurts the most. One of the knees is loose...not floppy, but loose. Thigh swivels are loose. The ab crunch is loose for the first bit of movement.
    I will say that he looks fantastic in both modes regardless. And I love the fact that these guys can stand face to face with the Zeta Aerialbots. But I understand why people are saying the QC improved so much with Henry. He is rock solid with no issues other than the bobble head, which took all of ten seconds to fix.
    Montana is a better design than Henry but with much worse execution.

Attached Files:

19. Roadbuster25

Roadbuster25 Well-Known Member

We need some updates on their Motormaster, which I am guessing is next.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Blazing Mewtwo

Blazing Mewtwo Decepticon Lover

I wanna see the arms