DX9 D12 Gabriel (not Omega Supreme)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, May 28, 2017.

1. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    Gabriel was the only big, expensive TF I ever bought that my wife saw (out of the box) and was actually impressed by. Like "wow, that's pretty cool."

• Like Like x 5
  2. Lord Mechatron

Lord Mechatron Supreme Commander

Instagram:
    For the price BBTS had him for I'm kicking myself for not buying a 2nd copy to keep in box.

• Like Like x 3
  3. crdavismusic

crdavismusic Vectron Labs-Only Collector

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear you didn't get in on it. I almost bailed on it myself. It seemed too weird of a sale to be true - and it was on for a strangely long time, so there were many times I thought about jumping ship. Hey, on the upside, there will be a lot more available on the secondary market going forward, and most sellers here are reasonable. I'm sure you'll be able to find one at a good price.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    I did exactly that and now I'm chillin'. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  5. crdavismusic

crdavismusic Vectron Labs-Only Collector

News Credits:
    I hate to be the type to look a gift horse in the mouth, and it's probably a moot point seeing where DX9 is at, but... has anyone else found any finish flaws on theirs? I'm talking small scratches, scuffs, even dents. Was the sale for B-stock I wonder?

If it is, that's cool and all, I'm totally happy with mine and have no problem with the price I paid for it. Only thing is, I have a dent on the collar of mine out of the box. The rest of the blemishes don't really bother me but this one is front and centre. Is it even worth discussing?

20210316_203207.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's strange, almost looks like it was dropped or something, I haven't seen that kinda issue.

• Like Like x 3
  7. cultofkraken

cultofkraken Cybertronian Metalhead

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I had one of the first run figures. I had some of the seized shoulders but was able to fix it. However I did also have scuffing on the legs. I was able to wipe it off but yeah it seems like there was some careless handling of these guys in the manufacturing process.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Okicyurnatp

Okicyurnatp Banned

I am jealous. My wife is still not impressed with any of my collection. I’m sure she wouldn’t even honor me with a dismissive “he’s kinda puny” when unicron eventually shows up.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    My girlfriend offers emotional support (“That’s great!”) rather than what I’m really looking for, which is critical input. Every time I ask her which deal or figure or plan she likes more, she’ll say something like “You always work it out! You know what’s best.”

It’s so frustrating having to bounce ideas off the uninitiated.

• Like Like x 4
  10. generalgrevious

generalgrevious Well-Known Member

yeah i`m still happy to have him. i got mine from the 600.00 stimulus money we got last christmas. i think i got him for 279.00 at toy dojo. thing of it was it was there only piece and when tinto out of stock.

• Like Like x 2
  11. zark225

zark225 Talon Productions on YouTube

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Got mine from BBTS today! Does anyone have a good way to tighten the forward and back ratchet joint in the shoulders? Everything looks great so far but that’s the main issue I am having. The thigh joints seem a bit loose too but bit as bad.

• Like Like x 1
  12. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i think most guys are just opening omega up and tightening his joints by pulling the springs a little to make them stiffer. after that i really dont know what else you could do.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  13. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

Best you can do is try to find a good color match paint and apply a tiny bit to cover it up.

• Like Like x 1
  14. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i know a lot of guys have real success taking out stress marks with a little bit of heat from a blow dryer. maybe someone will chime in with some tips.

that should fix the hard white streak that is there. the dent you might have to live with but if you can get rid of the streak just chalk it up as battle damage.

• Like Like x 1
  15. poor man

poor man Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can you circle what you're referring to because mine looks exactly the same?

16. phu van

phu van Well-Known Member

now dx9 has gone,we never could buy it anymore,huhuh

17. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just pull out the Fans Toys figures, easy reversal of attitude.

18. Okicyurnatp

Okicyurnatp Banned

Nope. She still doesn’t care.

19. breaker2031

breaker2031 Well-Known Member

Ugh. I'm in the same boat as you. My wife found the hobby cool at first but that attitude transformed (ha!) into disdain as she watched my collection grow. She hasn't said it out loud but I'm certain she regrets the decision of giving me free reign to display my collection in our basement. In fact I'm sure she's a few robots away from spackling over the basement door (with or without me inside).

Edit: I could also be totally wrong about this assessment - she has also said on numerous occasions that she's good with it because it's something that makes me happy...

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  20. Lord Mechatron

Lord Mechatron Supreme Commander

Instagram:
    I always find it interesting to hear stories from other collectors on how their better halfs feel about their collection and them collecting in general. I'm about to get back into the dating world again and I'm like yeaaaahhhh, I dont know if I bring my date over how would she feel about my current collection. Only a year back into collecting and my collection looks like I've been collecting for 10 years lmao. Honestly feel it's time to let some stuff go.

Any way, back on topic. After having mines for a couple of months now I'm still impressed. Told myself, worst comes to worst, if I have to get rid of my collection this is one figure I'm keeping no doubts about it. Best looking Omega Supreme IMO, I just love staring at him next to my Fanstoys Jetfire. Havent transformed him yet, I know thats going to be a whole new experience and I cant wait, just need to find time to do so. Hows everyone liking theirs after having him for some time? Any regrets?

• Like Like x 2