DX9 D12 Gabriel (not Omega Supreme)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, May 28, 2017.

1. geekatron prime

geekatron prime Main star of "The Geek of Thrones" TFW2005 Supporter

Yes the instructions are shit. They don't even show how you put the two rocket halves together. It's obvious how they go, but should still be in the instructions. Some of my panel issues stem from arthritis in my hands. Sorry if I sounded like I was being overly harsh on the panel difficulties.

2. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt Well-Known Member

no worries, I often come off as argumentative in my comments when I'm not really trying to. too many years in a factory I guess, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Metroplexcity2019

Metroplexcity2019 Cybertronian

Earlier in this thread long before I purchased Gabriel, a number of people reported issues with tightness in the elbows and hips, and someone suggested using silicone lubricant on the ratchets. I am seriously considering applying lubricant on mine as kind of a future proof solution. If anyone can link to instructions or instructional video for applying it would be appreciated.

71H9dKblhLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. silith210518

silith210518 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Absolutely gutted this can't be got this cheap in the UK :( . Would cost me $300+ if I bought it off BBTS lol.

5. TF3D

TF3D DGS

News Credits:
    I just sold my TG. I just bought the D12.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Red2

Red2 Well-Known Member

The spray works through capillary action so pick the closest spot to the joint and give a quick squirt.No need to overdo it. Wait a moment, ratchet the joint a few times, then clean the excess.

• Like Like x 2
  7. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    9A6AEE5E-A437-403C-996E-2BFB99D72ABC.jpeg
    I repainted the face on mine to a more orange color. I also wanted the flat finish.

• Like Like x 10
  8. FireProMaster

FireProMaster Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    So I had some time to fool around with him today a lot more. First I went over him to see if there was any damage and I found a few scrapes and dings but nothing that I would care about. You really have to focus in on it to notice it. Also had some black smudges on the yellow areas that were removable. It had to be from assembly. It must have been a nightmare to assemble one, let alone however many you could manage in a day. So I definitely give him a pass. Movement wise, he has tremendously good joints all around, although his elbows are tighter than everything else, they seem to be ok after a few bends to me. Maybe I was just extra worried at first to not break them as I practically read this entire thread waiting for him to ship.

I haven't see any photos or review videos do justice to his amazing detail. He does have a great amount of bot detail in panel lines, circuitry, grills, pistons, and other machinery looking areas. One gripe is the black painted areas on his red chest panel. I will probably paint it gray or red later down the line. His lights are very bright and they travel very far too. He is very hefty and I love it. Just like when you pick up a well built video game controller, the heft screams premium. His colors are also very hard to capture the right way on camera. You must turn down the brightness on your camera a few notches maybe to like -.7 as this will not over saturate and thus wash out his colors.

You can get this guy in excellent poses. I had him in a really nice shooting pose but, he's too big to place on my cheapo shelf. He makes it sink in the middle and that gives me fear he would tumble over if it sank anymore. So I propped him up on my much stabler table where my TV is. It's funny that he makes my 65" TV seem small now. He comes just past the middle of it and the TV is on a stand which rises it a couple of inches.

If anyone is on the fence about getting especially at this price, do yourself a favor and don't pass him up. Toy purchase of the decade for me. He is a dream figure if you can even call him that. He's a big bot.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Sinestro00

Sinestro00 When the Curtain Falls

Nice! Can you share the brand and color number? I think I’d rather have a satin finish though. I could probably just add a topcoat if so.

10. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Well-Known Member

I got it shipped to Canada and the shipping was about $65, but man, still cheaper than the original price! At $300 you’re still pretty close to the original asking price.

I had this guy back burnered because I thought I’d have to drop big money at some point, so I was super excited to see it newly available at a good price. I’ll have to pay customs on top though so I might end up close to $300 in the end. Worth getting it checked off the list though!

• Like Like x 2
  11. RondoCalrissian

RondoCalrissian Well-Known Member

Make sure your lubricant is good for plastic. On my Gabriel, I just applied the lubricant to exposed ratchet teeth and joints

• Like Like x 3
  12. silith210518

Ebay:
    There are Chinese sellers on eBay doing it for £200 ATM free shipping, but probably will be looking at customs or being scammed.

I'm probably better off looking for local sellers on Facebook or the off chance show.z gets him back in cheap.

• Like Like x 1
  13. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

You can get DX9 D12 on TaoBao for 87 pounds.

The problem is shipping. Checking Superbuy, the only sensible shipping is SAL and that will cost you another 87 pounds.

(And tell the seller to pack it as compactly as possible.)

• Like Like x 1
  14. silith210518

Ebay:
    Never used taobao before? Will check it out, thank you!

15. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

Who's the guy that does the 3d printed autbot logo for this? Haven't been able to find it

16. Red2

Red2 Well-Known Member

HERE!!

• Like Like x 2
  17. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

If you are in UK, you will need to use a service like Superbuy anyway.

You can buy through Superbuy (no direct interaction with TaoBao) and check if they can repack for minimal volumetric weight.

18. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    One word- "awesome'

20191231_234014.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  19. UtahRobotInDisguise

UtahRobotInDisguise Herald of Utahcron

Cheyenne, WY... sooooooo close. maybe tomorrow? Please gods of the weather, don't fail me now!

20. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ours are definitely in the same truck. Just checked and mine's in Cheyenne too. Could be tomorrow but I'm betting Saturday - Fedex isn't exactly known for speed plus we just got all that snow last night - haven't checked what it's like in WY but they usually get it worse than us, right?

• Like Like x 1