DX9 D12 Gabriel (not Omega Supreme)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, May 28, 2017.

1. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    This thread is quickly becoming 25% people having issues ranging from minor to severe, 25% people reporting no issues, and 50% people who don't have (and probably in some cases never planned on having) Gabriel commenting on the disaster/train wreck/shit show/apocalypse.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Shunwei

Shunwei Well-Known Member

25% having issues? I like the optimism but . . . . no.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A 25% failure rate is massive.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    See this is what I was talking about. Even if people end up with good ones this release is basically a wash at this point due to the QC issues in hand. FT fanatics and TG owners will not hesitate to take dumps on people that like this just to get their point across that TG IS BETTER LULZ GLAD I DIDNT WASTE MAH MONEY.

I still want this guy. I never really wanted TG or weijiangs. The designs there just dont cut it for me. My choices are this or nothing. So in the case that a good unit cannot be provided I guess I will just get something else and still have a MP omega gap in my collection.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Shaman

Shaman Well-Known Member

If I had to make up artificial percentages I'd say: 50% significant QC issues being reported. 25% with zero to minor issues and a wait and see attitude towards new issues. 25% who were all in but now they're scared, canceled their preorder and are watching and waiting and then 25% FanToys FanBoys coming in to poke the bear.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or some people are just judging an item objectively with absolutely no reference to another product.

I don't plan on buying either OS. I thought this one looked a bit better, but these QC reports are widespread. Even you get just the water issue, I'm not spending $300 on a collectible that is covered in water when it arrives.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Msz0065

Msz0065 Well-Known Member

I didn't notice any water stains on the paperwork or anything. It's possible if there was, it might have dried up already, and definitely possible the water would've had something to do with the paint adherence issues, but that would be pure speculation on my part. I'm just letting him sit out for the night before I try transforming him tomorrow just to be safe.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jwwu

Jwwu Well-Known Member

Has there really been that much hate / gloating from FT fans?

I consider myself an FT fan (as in I generally like their products and their track record of delivering many G1, usually toon accurate figures)... I bought TG, didn’t particularly love him. The wobbliness and backpack coming off did bother me. I thought Gabriel was more impressive when reviews came out but I can’t be bothered to sell TG and switch out to Gabriel. The QC concerns on Gabriel also make that decision easier. That’s it... No hate. I suspect most TG owners and FT fans aren’t haters.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  9. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's worse than that. According to the OP, 50% don't have this yet. So actually half of the people who've received this have issues. 50% is colossal.

10. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If you take the water issue out, I think the number would be below 50%, maybe even under 25%. I just hope this doesn't scare DX9 away on Sentinel and other big projects that might entail city bots. They are a huge risk as is and I can't imagine at under $300 they are making out that much money.

• Like Like x 2
  11. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, it wouldn't be a big risk if they didn't f this up.

12. Red2

Red2 " ... and so the story goes ... " TFW2005 Supporter

This is a factory screw up, plain and simple. DX9 needs to reset, pick a different manufacturer, then keep going.

Maybe they picked the lowest bidder to keep the cost down? Seems likely.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Red2

Red2 " ... and so the story goes ... " TFW2005 Supporter

I want a sub $300 MP Metroplex!

14. metalwar2010

Ebay:
    But did DX9 F' up? They might of, if they chose to use a factory too good to be true that allowed them to price low. Otherwise, it maybe just unfortunate luck on their part. Its not like DX9 has a history of putting out shoddy figures that would make it easier to blame them.

15. metalwar2010

Ebay:
    See. I knew we were on the same page :thumbs2: 

• Like Like x 1
  16. foxracing

foxracing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After MP Scorponok of course! :D 

• Like Like x 3
  17. Shunwei

Shunwei Well-Known Member

Hanzo and the reissue Powerglide would beg to differ.

Look, even if it is the factory that fucked up, it is Dx9 who contracted with them. Ultimately it is their job to make sure that the final product passes a standard before releasing it. Besides, I would not necessarily blame it all on the factory either as the hatchet and arm designs are on Dx9.

• Like Like x 4
  18. metalwar2010

Ebay:
    I had no issues with Powerglide or even products before that. In fact, I was reading up on the PG issue today and still confused about that. I guess I got lucky there. I can't speak for Hondo but I've had the Voyager Galvatron before the MP. No issues. No company is perfect, even FT can't dodge that.

Thing is, DX9 didn't put water in the figures. Is it really a design issue or just poor storage or handling by the freight companies? I would agree if things were breaking without the water or paint chipping like BC Huff had but this is a different animal going on now, at least from what I've seen and personally read so far. As a owner of FT's, the lean and backpack issue is a design issue.

19. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    9B592DF6-ED35-4DBA-AB1A-551C451D4791.png Something tells me that the manufacturing plant that produced the batch of Gabes that had moisture in the box were near this gargantuan waterfall! Damn! LOFL! Jk. Some humor for the evening.

I do hope that toydojo will offer some options to buyers whose box comes in with moisture. I am waiting for theirs to hit their store. Keeping fingers crossed for a dry one. :buttrock 

• Like Like x 2
  20. metalwar2010

Ebay:
    Thanks for posting that!