DX9 D09 Mightron (MP Styled Megatron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by TCracker, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When removing Mightron's cannon, I carefully lift it up just enough to clear the tab. That way it won't sheer it off. That's my technique. Though rarely take his cannon off. I went nuts with this guy as I now have three Mightrons. One for my MP display in robot mode, one for my MP display in gun form, and one to mess around with. I don't know what it is with Mightron, but I tend to mess around with this one the most out of the three 3Ps and official release. MP36 comes in 2nd, tied with Despotron.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Megacluts

Megacluts Well-Known Member

I love DX9 take on megatron. I sold xtransbot apollyon and replaced him with DX9.

Too bad DX9 doesn't come with stock and silencer. the back of the gun handle suggests a stock and silencer will be made but not sure.

gun mode isn't complete without it IMO

3. dmarsee

dmarsee Minibot Action

I bought Mightron, expecting a stock and silencer would eventually arrive. I'm disappointed that they haven't.

4. Sportimus

News Credits:
    The MP-05 Megatron I have comes with a silencer and stock. They stay in the box.
    The Apollyon I have comes with a stock and silencer. They stay in the box.
    MP-36 Megatron has a stock and Silencer. The silencer stays in the box. Sometimes the stock gets to serve as a flight stand.

While Mightron does not come with those two accessories, I don't miss them because I would rarely use them. Then again, I don't normally display Megatron in gun mode. Hardly ever, actually. For those that do, yeah, I can see the desire for those two accessories.

With 3-D printing becoming more and more common, I'm surprised no one has designed one yet.

5. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IMG_0866.JPG IMG_0864.JPG IMG_0862.JPG IMG_0841.JPG IMG_0855.JPG IMG_0856.JPG

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 8
  6. Sportimus

News Credits:
    ^Great comparison pictures. Mightron still looks awesome!

7. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

8. MpCollector81

MpCollector81 Banned

From the knees up Mightron is solid. I can even forgive the back, since I never look at the back of my figures. The shins just kill it for me every time.

9. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

ehhhh he is like that all over actually ^^. ; but I love him.

10. unmc2001

News Credits:
    a2.jpg a3.jpg a4.jpg I was late to Mightron as I chose Despotron for my MP Megatron but with the prices falling so much for Mightron I picked one up and he is awesome. The lower legs are better in hand than in pictures and he is a solid figure with a fun transformation. Both Mightron and Despotron are great Megatrons.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Sportimus

News Credits:
    I use the trigger guard as a sheath for the purple sword he comes with. Looks bada$$ to me that way. :)  I love Mightron. Solid and looks awesome.

Totally agree! In hand, Mightron looks so much better! The legs don't bother me at all. I have Despotron as well, and I like them both a lot.

• Like Like x 2
  12. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Mightron (with shin guards)! F'k yeah!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  13. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Totally agree. Mightron is definitely no slouch and for the price, he is really a greatly underappreciated and underrated figure.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sportimus

News Credits:
    And the fact that Mightron is underrated and under-appreciated kind of makes me sad because it really is cool. Sure, I don't expect everyone to like it, but at the same time, Mightron just doesn't get the credit that it deserves. I spent weeks trying to determine which 3P MP Megatron I wanted. I decided (after having Apollyon for a while) on getting Mightron. And when I opened up that glorious box, and pulled off the plastic wrapping, I knew I made the right choice. Later, I did get Despotron, and that is an awesome figure as well. But the one I pick up the most often to this day is still Mightron. I have 3. I was going to sell one, but screw it, I enjoy the design more than I probably should. And I also have MP-36, which goes on in a completely different direction. And again, who gets the most of my attention out of all 4? Apollyon? No. Despotron? Not quite. MP-36? He does quite a bit, but again, not quite. Mightron? DING DING!!! Yup. :D 

• Like Like x 2
  15. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    If it makes you feel better, Sportimus, Mightron would be my second choice for an MP Megatron, as I prefer him to Apollyon or MP-36. Ultimately, though, I went with Despotron.

16. Sportimus

News Credits:
    That's cool! All that matters is what works for people. Mightron works for me, Despotron works for you. Despotron is great! I think we're lucky to have these choices. Despotron makes a great MP Megatron. The part where you still like Mightron, just adds to the cool factor in my book. :)  You rock.

• Like Like x 1
  17. unmc2001

News Credits:
    a1.jpg a1.jpg a2.jpg a3.jpg a4.jpg a5.jpg

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Hellion42

Hellion42 Unreliable News Source

News Credits:
  19. Havocmech

Havocmech Well-Known Member

I love my Despotron, but there is something definitely appealing about Mightron. I will have to pick him up someday. MP-36, just not doing it for me...

• Like Like x 2
  20. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

I got an official because I didn't want to miss out but I still think Mightron is a better looking Megatron. I just put the official into the battle damaged look from the movie which is something Mightron can't do so they both work in my display.

• Like Like x 2