DX9 D09 Mightron (MP Styled Megatron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by TCracker, Jul 27, 2016.

1. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Moderator

The symbol looks good to me in the picture but yeah, Megs is a bitch to get just right on his chest. I did the same thing with Apollyon and to this day I'm not certain it's on perfect. You can always scratch it off with your fingernail. It will fleck off and not hurt the paint. I've done it I can't tell you how many times to my guys.

2. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

Man I fixed the hubs in a ford ranger this way by making my own thrust washers. Omg. 400 bucks a side for new hubs and instead I made new thrust washers with pieces of a crazy carpet.
    Amazing how necessity is the mother of all invention eh

3. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

Nice paint on the abs. Yes they are hard to move... thinking that is why they left the paint off ^o^.
    The knee ratchet tabs are next on my list. Trimming them was a great idea. They are too rubbery for me. Going to see what is in my parts jar. They got to click and their choice on rubbery ratchets for the knees annoys me but I guess they wanted to avoid any chance of floppiness.
    The symbol looks fine and straight to me.

4. Chigimus

Chigimus Well-Known Member

Over in the Despotron thread, it's been determined his hands can be replaced with either a set of KFC or Eness hands. Has anyone tried to replace Mightron's hands with one of those sets instead? Between the 2, Mightron desperately needs better hands and I would love to know of the mushroom peg is a compatible fit on this guy.

5. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

I was going to replace them, but they actually grew on me.

6. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

It's very difficult to put hands on Mightron since it will almost always affect transformation.
    Unless you're planning to never transform Mightron then changing hands is the way to go !!!
    Good luck, and I hope someone is able to find a set of hands that look decent on him while not hindering transformation.
    Mightron really has a lot going for him !!

• Like Like x 1
  7. mtl79

mtl79 Well-Known Member

I got this figure last week (along with Despotron). Absolutely love it, it's my official G1 Megatron, my only gripe is the A stance like some others have mentioned. I hope some new ratchets come out at nonnef...

8. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First post in this thread. Finally bought one. Yep, I was right. Really impressed. Now I gotta find a Decepticon sticker!!

2016-12-29 14.41.11.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  9. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

IMG_20170102_200820_.jpg IMG_20170102_200913_.jpg IMG_20170102_201142_.jpg
    IMG_20170102_205346_.jpg

OK, so it's a been a while but I haven't had much time to work on this as I wanted too.
    But so far, my "add on set" for Mightron is progressing as I envisioned.

Everything needs to be smoothed out and I need to add detailing before I get a chance to paint it up, so it looks a little sloppy atm, please forgive me !!

The stock and silencer are both fully Integrated transformations and as you can see, is capable of the "hidden face" attack :D 

• Like Like x 4
  10. MpCollector81

MpCollector81 Banned

Anyone got any clear photos of this thing with the shin add on shin covers?

11. GaryTheNeutral

GaryTheNeutral Beast Wars Connoisseur

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Got this guy and he's impressive in both modes. His transformation however isn't the best... Still miles BETTER than Apollyons' and MP-05's transformations, though the the tab to hold the barrel did break on mine... His chest transformation is kinda' hard and you have to put in a lot of strength with his sides. Plus the red bits on his sides are HARD to pull out so I had to carefully use a knife, shaving the plastic some. Like I said, good figure in both modes, but transformation... Yeah personally, never transforming him again.

Worst part was when his arm came off for no reason... I had to shave the plastic of his upper arm attatchment to put it back in and now I have to be careful when I'm posing with his Fusion Cannon arm...

12. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

Arm came off ???! :eek: 
    Never had that happen and didn't expect anyone's to have that happen too !!!

BTW, if you rock his chest while moving it forward, it's easier to transform !! That's my experience anyway, and after a few transformations it loosens up quite a bit !!

• Like Like x 1
  13. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The arm came off on mine, the pin slid out. I had to take pliers and crimp the end to give it some teeth, then hammered it back in and good as new. Hasn't come off since.

14. dasdoktor

dasdoktor Pharma who?

Getting rid of mine for a good price if anyones interested.

15. isntthatprime

isntthatprime The 14th Prime

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Mighttron with Reprolabels

• Like Like x 5
  16. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

I'm surprised to hear that. I thought he was built as sturdy as a tank. I've left him with my 5 year old son to play with without concern.

I've transformed him at least 20 times and have always thought it was extremely intuitive.

17. mgtron1

mgtron1 Well-Known Member

I know this has been asked, but I never really saw a reply: Are there any hands out there you can use to replace the current Mightron hands? I have no plans on transforming him, I am just interested in better looking hands for robot mode. Thanks.

18. rasky

rasky Well-Known Member

Not that I know of, in terms of hands.

Oh by the way, when I first got Mightron I was initially... underwhelmed. It felt super light compared to Apollyon, and the joints were so tight that it was a pain in the butt to transform. However, after transforming him half a dozen times, things loosened quite comfortably, and the transformation is a real pleasure. Of the three figures, Mightron has turned out to be my favorite. Whenever I feel like fidgeting I just transform him.

(I have Despotron too, but had to spend time fixing the knee and ankles and that was a bummer. I still like it, but Mightron is my go to for fidgeting. The more I play with Mightron the more I appreciate it. Both Apollyon and Despotron have gappy and loose-y gun modes, but Mightron is SOLID.)

• Like Like x 1
  19. nomolos

nomolos Well-Known Member

so what was the final consensus on best shin covers? all of them i saw looked off somehow. like too big or maybe just not adding enough of the curve that was needed.

• Like Like x 1
  20. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Moderator

I like Dangard Ace's the best. They're not too thick and are paintable and look good. He tosses in a set of side fillers too for the underarm gap. A little sanding and paint and they look nice to me. (Sorry no pics available right now)

• Like Like x 1