DX9 D09 Mightron (MP Styled Megatron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by TCracker, Jul 27, 2016.

1. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ rubadubspawn1@gmail.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    For those that ordered thru me, you should have received your invoice already. If you didn't, please pm me. Thanks!

2. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ rubadubspawn1@gmail.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Doh. Duplicate post.

So has anyone noticed that signatures no longer show up when using the mobile site in the forum?

That sucks..

3. CoRDS

CoRDS Well-Known Member

Got my Mightron today

No orange barrel plug at all but some orange paper tape at the end of the barrel and a purple transclearent(team emgo) bit stuck in the end of the barrel
    also came with batteries pre installed in the scope. very nice indeed

4. Dromeosaur

Dromeosaur Well-Known Member

Come on tfsource get him in already.

• Like Like x 1
  5. daddytron

daddytron Your mom is an oversized CHUG

Going stir crazy waiting for my in stock and shipping notice. Looking forward to letting Apollyon proceed on his way to oblivion.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hellion42

Hellion42 Unreliable News Source

News Credits:
    Turn your phone to landscape... you'll get sigs, and half the reading area is taken up by avatar/stats/stc. [​IMG]

So I put my order in for this guy a few hours before the supposed official prototype is shown... with a retailer that only takes payments up front. After some gnashing of the teeth and cursing of the luck, I decided to let things ride and keep Mightron. If TT's comes out better so be it. I really like the proportions on this guy. The shins, not so much. I hope ATP's upgrades are reasonably priced... I was interested in his Sphinx launcher adapter but I thought $10 was a bit much for a little bit of plastic.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    YEAH YEAH FINE. BUT YOU GET SHITTY CELL PIX :D 

Tabs you might need to fix just a tad...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's the waist rotated slightly and a hip pulled back a bit.

[​IMG]

And what would a megatron pic set be without the obligatory upskirt shot...

[​IMG]

I'll take some lightbox shots eventually but I don't have mine setup atm. But you get the idea.

• Like Like x 5
  8. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    Still no news on mine. Hopefully my local supplier can bring it in as soon as possible. This must be one of his slowest shipment yet.

9. CoRDS

CoRDS Well-Known Member

ok so i hope someone makes some better hands for this guy, the hands are the only part of this figure i have issue for. now that its on my shelf next to appolyon and with 3 seekers flanking them i really want to get the maketoys one for some sweet megatron display symmetry.

10. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

I am officially paralyzed. Thanks for the photos. They're wonderful. So wonderful that I'll likely buy neither and just stare at pretty shots like this all day.

• Like Like x 1
  11. tturbozx66

tturbozx66 Well-Known Member

Thanks Cracka J!

12. GeneralLeeSpkng

GeneralLeeSpkng Purveyor of Futility

News Credits:
    Lol, the things you learn. Didn't know what that meant so I turned my phone and voila! Starting to remind myself of my grandma and how she interacted with answering machines..

13. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got mine in yesterday. First impressions were not good. When people say the parts are stiff, they aren't joking. So many times I thought I was going to break it. Especially when tugging the arms upward to change from gun to robot mode.

You really have to yank on those shoulder assemblies and you can see the ratchets separating when you pull on them. I worry about longevity.

Things click and snap and it sounds horrible. I've seen no cracks or breaks, so that's a plus, but those noises make me cringe. No other DX9 figure does that to me.

The instructions, as mentioned, are pure ass. In fact, following them could actually break your figure. I'm completely serious. Also, they skip an important step...

The feet do rotate around to form a better magazine/cartridge base at the bottom of the handle and it IS intentional. Why they'd leave out such an important step is beyond me.

The Laserbeak tab seems to be an afterthought. You can barely transform Mightron with the scope in place, but it's doable. Problem is, once you slide it on, the tab catches it in gun mode and it won't slide off until you separate the arms. You need them separate to get a better grip.

The trigger is an oddly constructed and exposed piece. I nearly broke mine off during the second transformation. Be careful with that.

The chest compartment and it's swivel both are so tight. You feel like you're going to break it. Ugh.

On the plus side, both modes look ridiculously GOOD, the head sculpt is the best one yet and he balances beautifully. I've gotten some sweetass poses out of him that shouldn't be possible for something this heavy.

The paint work takes a LOT of abuse and doesn't chip or damage in any way. So impressed by that.

His transformation does get easier and pieces do loosen, but it's a really rough go of it the first time through. I have short, I mean nearly to the nail bed short, nails and I almost broke the one on my thumb. You will need some kind of instrument to open some of these parts, which is ridiculous.

Do I regret buying him? Not now. Do I think Despotron does some things better? Oh, heck yes. But, Mightron is leaps and bounds a much better figure than Apollyon. The difference is like night and day.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Vanessa

Vanessa G1 Bonecrusher's #1 fangirl

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah TFX, the first transformation was by far the worst. Really tight the first time through, but loosens up considerably (in a good way) after that. I would recommend just flipping through the modes leisurely and figuring out the best transform scheme for you. I do it a bit different then the book transform as well, tend to get everything where it needs to be first, then work on aligning the panels. Works best for me, and can be done in around 3-4 mins.

Good find on the feet, will have to try that the next time I transform mine.

And yeah, I've been a bit ham fisted with mine due to the tightness of some joints and nothing has scratched or even shown signs of any stress. I tell you this thing is built like a tank.
    Even though it's taken that beating from me, the tolerances are right about where I like my toys now. So they do decrease from that initial tightness but not to a point where anything is even remotely floppy.

In fact I'd probably say everything is still a touch on the tight side. But again, that's my preference and how I like my figures.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Gargamel

Gargamel Well-Known Member

Finally bit the bullet on this over Despotron. Hope I made the right decision.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  17. daddytron

daddytron Your mom is an oversized CHUG

If you've owned Tyrant, the figure being stupid tight out of the box should come as no surprise. While everything on him moves smoothly now, my hands were sore the first few days I owned him. I kind of expect this from them now.

18. jetrobo

jetrobo Well-Known Member

Mightron just landed from Chimungmung! I missed out on the group buy with rubadubspawn, but still managed to get Mightron for $120 shipped without the box. Can't wait for my lunch break so I can start transforming this guy. From there, it's off to the hobby store to figure out a way to fix those shins.

19. Destronus

Destronus Ay up

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anyone want a Mightron for 95 shipped within the uk .
    Box has been opened to inspect the figure

20. Isa0

Isa0 Well-Known Member

Looks like the hands can be swapped out (from the Despotron thread). I don't have any KFC hands, but will see how Apollyon's hand fit.