DX9 D09 Mightron (MP Styled Megatron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by TCracker, Jul 27, 2016.

1. KR DynobotPrime

KR DynobotPrime BigRedCollector

Instagram:
    Does anyone know when Captured Prey will be getting him in?

2. Clou

Clou Member

Has anyone had problems with their Mightron or DX9 QC? Mine seems to be pretty beat up. I'm talking bent plastic, scraped paint and a broken piece.

3. Big Bronze Rim

Big Bronze Rim ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Moderator

That doesn't sound normal. I would contact your retailer for a replacement.

4. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

DX-9 Quality: I have 4 of their figures and they are consistently hefty, chunky and of excellent quality. Carry, Tyrant, Gewalt and "Crasher" are fine additions to any collection.

The one exception is my Tyrant came (in the box) without a right pinky finger. I checked the box / packaging. TF Source sent me a finger days later after my request... Problem solved...

BTW, how did you get a Mightron? They haven't been released yet? :) 

5. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    so after going back and forth with mine a bit in the transform just a couple notes

1) you will not break anything. this guy is a beast.

2) the pack in instructions blow. use a video like kumas or something for reference. you will need to do some things in a different order to get them to work properly.

3) the transformation is pretty smooth/fun

4) everything is extremely tight the first run through

5) 2 silver tabs that rest inside the chest in bot mode, back of the gun in gun mode. these things will stick together like a bitch in gun mode. not even the DX9 wonder tool from blitzwing can pry them apart. I personally had to use an exacto knife to get the separation to start happening. there is a peg tab that goes into one of them that locks them in place, I think this is the issue and it needs to be sanded down slightly to make this part of the transform a bit easier. If you sand or even cut this peg, it will not be visible in gun or bot mode, so I think it's a good alternative. the mechanism that these silver tabs reside on is pretty strong too so I actually don't really see the need for the peg there if you wanted to cut it. probably just going to sand mine down a bit and see if it helps.

other then that been having a blast with this guy. great interpretation of megatron and every bit a MP megatron to fit with MP10 if you decided on this guy.
    incredibly good figure at for the price he is going for.

Definitely released, definitely sitting on my desk. He came out maybe a week and a half ago in china? Toydojo is the only US retailer I know that got him in this week, that's where I got mine.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
  6. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After seeing the in depth comparison photos, it's crazy how they both wish to accomplish the same end, but go about it vastly different ways. Crazy.

I'm also surprised that Despotron is shorter than Mightron. I had always assumed they were roughly the same size as each other, but clearly they're not. Odd.

7. mrprime222000

mrprime222000 Well-Known Member

Hey, could someone who has both this and Apollyon see if the stock and silencer work on Mightron in the slightest?

8. daddytron

daddytron Your mom is an oversized CHUG

Benscollectibles said in his review update that they definitely don't fit.

9. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mightron's barrel is too large for the silencer. As for the stock, I'm not sure what the deal is.

I do wonder if they could be slightly modified to work?

10. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Finger.jpg

Yeah, that's the one transformation annoyance I have with him. You're right - the connection is wonderfully secure, but it really has no need to be. Let us know how you get on sanding that tab down. I've never taken to sanding one of my bots but might give it a show in this instance as even a botch job would remain hidden.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Cracka J

News Credits:
    banjoted, since you've had some time with mightron now too, do you dislike the hands?

I know this was a major gripe of some of the early reviewers, but I dunno. They are very tight on mine (fanstoys tight), have an extremely good weapon grip slot, and to me are pretty functional with the thumb on a nice rotational swivel there with a base and knuckle hinge. They are slightly different then the standard MP hands, but I kinda actually like them. I really don't think they are as big a detractor as I was built up to believe.

the shins are still the biggest gripe for me so I will be purchasing ATP's upgrade set as soon as he makes that available. the only other major thing is those silver tabs and I'm going to try a fix for that this week.

other than that, I really don't have anything else to complain about after a weekend of playing around with him. all his joint tolerances are FT levels of tightness, but break in just enough after the first transform to make him a bit easier to flip modes. he's super fun to pose and all his accessories are a blast. I only own 2 DX9 products but mightron easily tops gewalt for me and I loved gewalt. very very quickly becoming a DX9 fanboy.

• Like Like x 2
  12. nomolos

nomolos Well-Known Member

whats this upgrade set now? I'm not seeing anything on that.

13. Big Bronze Rim

Big Bronze Rim ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Moderator

He showed some curved leg add on pieces a couple of pages back.

14. Cracka J

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  15. SuperMegaAutobot

SuperMegaAutobot Well-Known Member

I went from ambivalent about these new Megs offerings (appolyon 'good enough') to totally geeked about this guy. Reviews, your post, and mostly ATPs shin upgrade plans have been the 180. Its always funny to me when i think i dont care about a figure and then a detail change flips things to 'need it'.

• Like Like x 1
  16. JasonT

JasonT Well-Known Member

It's a great time to be a collector! I received my Mightron on Saturday. I cannot stop looking at this thing and posing it. This is for sure the Megatron for me. It is such a quality piece. Thank you DX9 and thank you Eddie from Toy Dojo for speedy shipping.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Vanessa

Vanessa G1 Bonecrusher's #1 fangirl

*Contentious opinion warning!*

I feel like I bought the wrong Megatron :( 
    I've had a bit of a play with DX9 Mightron, and I'm not overly impressed. OK I knew about the big gaps underneath his armpits, and I had read that his hands were not very good. But, really, those hands are atrocious! What is it with DX9? They can do really great headsculpts, just see their Galvatron and also Mightron's (in fact the headsculpt is the best bit of Mightron, better than MT's), but their hands? DX9 Galvy's hands weren't very good, and Mightrons are worse, they're small, weirdly shaped, and are placed in a poor position on the ends of his arms, kinda right over to one side of the wrist.
    I really like the collapsing fusion cannon, that's very clever. I'll admit I haven't transformed him yet either, but I'm not happy.
    He has a slight lean to the right, which I can't figure out how to correct, his ankles are not the stiffest, so when I put the fusion cannon on his arm, he falls over due to insufficient stiffness in his ankle joints. Also, his knees won't fully straighten, they seem to stay slightly bent, like there's half a ratchet joint that's just not clicking over fully, making him look bandy-legged. And then there's my my pet hate; large ratchet detents in the outwards hip joints that force him into either a very straight upright stance, or an exaggerated A-stance pose, which is something I really hate in a figure. TT's 2010 Unicron has the same problem.
    I'm now contemplating buying Despotron, and somehow putting Mightron's head and fusion cannon onto it. I guess that's not possible without major modification though? Anyone with both able to comment here?
    I might just transform Mightron into gun mode and leave him like that.

I have to say right now, my Apollyon is still the best 'MP' Megatron I own, and Mightron isn't taking his place in the detolf any time soon.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Cracka J

News Credits:
    have you pulled out the diecast heel spurs? they extremely help with him being able to stand in a majority of poses, but I do not have loose ankles on mine either, so I can't comment on that.
    no knee issue on mine either. maybe photograph the issues and contact your vendor to see if there's anything they can do to help?

the hip ratchets do extend a bit further out to the side then I'd generally like, but again, my ankles are really tight on mine so he can pose and stand doing pretty much whatever so it isn't an issue.

19. Vanessa

Vanessa G1 Bonecrusher's #1 fangirl

Yes, the die-cast heel spurs are in their correct position. I'm a big 3P supporter, but I'm beginning to think that Takara are going to be the ones to properly scratch my MP Megatron itch.

20. Clou

Clou Member

I did. I will return him this week and hope for a replacement.