DX9 D09 Mightron (MP Styled Megatron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by TCracker, Jul 27, 2016.

1. SuperMegaAutobot

SuperMegaAutobot Well-Known Member

Was hoping you or someone might do something like this. You've probably just convinced me to pick this up with your shins update.

What other upgrades were you thinking of? Maybe a left arm panel to serve as forearm mount for the bird cassettes?

My megatrons serve as statues, so extra partsforming stuff like that doesn't bother me at all.

2. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Ralphenator

Ralphenator Well-Known Member

I actually widened his legs, feet, chest, abdomen, and forearm. I think he looks decent now with all the modifications. However, the real toy will probably look more like the prototype. Looks too out of proportion and weak as a Megatron for me.

4. Ralphenator

Ralphenator Well-Known Member

If you make this upgrade, this would definitely sway me towards Mightron over Despotron. Unless you plan to upgrade Despotron's head as well:D  Those shins were really bothering me on Mightron, but from your renders it looks like this would solve the problem. Also wondering, is there any chance you would also make an attachment that made Mightron's shin a little wider on the inside? I always felt like his inner calf looked like it got sheared off or something. In any case, can't wait to see the final product.

5. TFDAD

TFDAD Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I am 15 minutes in with my mightron and just applied chest symbol.

All I can say is this is something special. DX9 didn't just hit a homerun, it's so far out of the park that the local neighborhood can't even locate the ball.
    The only toys I've felt this way about without even transforming the toy were FT quakewave back in 2013 and FT stomp earlier this year. Mightron is a very very special toy.

Just of note a couple changes from the test shot, the side pull down bits on the waist, as noticed a few pages back, are now red. Looks better imo.
    The chain for the mace is now chromed purple. Impartial on this as I like the regular silver chain, but chromed purple looks neat too....like an energon mace should.

But just wow. For $130 or less...I don't even know where to start. Nobody that purchased this guy will be let down.

• Like Like x 5
  7. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Great alt mode, lovely transformation, decent bot. I like him (tho maybe not as much as Despotron).

IMG_3190.JPG IMG_3188.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  8. BAD187

BAD187 Banned

Ah, a post that can word my words better.

9. Optimus Dime

Optimus Dime Transform and Roll Out!

Those are from GCI toys. I know the owner. He hooked me up with the YM Skywarp I got for a great price.

Best Regards,

10. autotronprime

autotronprime I like to make cool things!

News Credits:
    Thanks everyone! The forearm adapter is one I would like to take a stab at and also maybe the barrel and stock kit to finish off the gun mode. I'll take a look at the hands to and see what I can do. I'll also see about adding a panel to the inside of the calf.

Yup, GCI and I go way back. :D 

• Like Like x 2
  11. Optimus Dime

Optimus Dime Transform and Roll Out!

Wondering. You think you could make pieces to fill in some of the gabs in gun mode for Despotron? Like the screw hole, and where the barrel slides down? I don't mind parts forming if it fills in those two ugly gaps.

Best Regards,

12. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm the reverse on this one. I like him more than Despotron because Mightron's transformation feels more complete. Don't get me wrong, Despotron's transformation is smooth as silk, but Mightron's transformation is a real "Move this, twist that" when Despotron's is more of a REALLY good panelforming that hides unsightly kibble in robot mode.

Both of them definitely have their plusses and do things right, not just for their molds, but right in general. They both also miss the mark in some ways and have design choices that make you go "WTF?"

I still say it's due to the complexity and ridiculousness of making a giant robot come out of something the size of a handgun. Impressive, regardless.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Insectabot

Insectabot Well-Known Member

I don't know, I kinda like the silver. I'll wait to pass judgement till I have it in hand, but if there isn't too much friction, I might paint them silver...

14. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
  15. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Like you, I do prefer Mightron's transformation. It's very clever. And his alt mode, too, is the best of the two. And his head mold, for that matter. Personally, however, I think Despotron's bot mode wins out overall for looks and posability. They're both great, though, for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  16. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice shots. How do you feel about Shockwave's size/look in comparison with the others? I'm trying to evaluate how I feel about it, myself.

17. R3APER

R3APER The disgruntled Vet

Ebay:
    Thanks everyone! The forearm adapter is one I would like to take a stab at and also maybe the barrel and stock kit to finish off the gun mode. I'll take a look at the hands to and see what I can do. I'll also see about adding a panel to the inside of the calf.

Any interest in tackling a filler panel around the armpit area to fill that hole up?

18. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I think he fits is perfectly well. I know the 'Shockwave wars' have led to some strong opinion. Quakewave remains one of my all-time favourite bots and I had no intention of replacing him. Then I got the chance to grab a low-price MP Lazerwave, so gave it a go. Once I had him in hand it was love. I'll always love Quakewave but I do think the MP just fits so perfectly with the line. Have still not been able to part with Quakewave, though!

19. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    • Like Like x 2
  20. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I love mightron but despotron wins this battle. The filled in torso and the shape of the lower legs win out