DX9 D09 Mightron (MP Styled Megatron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by TCracker, Jul 27, 2016.

1. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Thank you! I have the tap plastics silicone platinum material on hand and I hope I have some time to mess with it this weekend. It's more user friendly compared to RTV urethane which is just a sloppy mess and requires using sprays so it doesn't stick to things. I might even try to duplicate Megatron's hands with the following procedure. Those pins are nearly impossible to remove, but if I boil some water and immerse the hands I think the plastic might get soft enough to remove the pins. Just a hunch. Then I could make some molds of the fingers and palms. Lots of possibilities and I just hope it works.

Be back with progress......

2. rasky

rasky Well-Known Member

Hey was wondering, does anyone know for sure what size batteries are needed for the fusion cannon? I did a search of this thread and both LR44 and LR927 were mentioned. Anyone know for sure? Thank you in advance!

3. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    Any other attacks, rule 1 violation gets a warning and/ or an infraction point as the one post was unnecessary

Please be nice and keep it cool. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  4. JennAvenger

JennAvenger Banned

mightron cleaner back? sure. why not ?! his boxy legs are awesomely accurate as well! good job dx9! u have outdone everyone else especially official source.bravo!
    pt2019_03_08_21_36_35_mh1552052250724.jpg

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Scurv

Scurv Well-Known Member

One of these looks like a complete mess from the back and it isnt Mightron.
    17861920_10154430832816711_6959257903800108645_n.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  6. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    You don't need someone else to to like what you like to get validation. If you like Mightron that's cool. If you like MP-36 that's cool, too. (Me personally, I'm a Despotron guy.) How about, just this once, we don't act super tribal about our individual choices, we don't treat our opinions as the one true way, we don't act like people with different preferences are idiots who will only see the light if you tell them how wrong their opinion is, and we just take a minute to be glad that we've got a couple solid choices for Megatron?

• Like Like x 11
  7. JennAvenger

JennAvenger Banned

there is a back cover for that ...but hey.. who cares.. mightron is the definite Megatron.;) 

8. Scurv

Scurv Well-Known Member

Lol when the back of mp36 is so horrific they needed to make a cover for it.

• Like Like x 3
  9. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

DX9 Mightron takes some aesthetics from All Hail Megatron: With the gun trigger on his back.
    1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. waffel

waffel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There are add on parts is not a serviceable defense, because equally valid would be "we could just remove the trigger parts"

• Like Like x 3
  11. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

Had Mightron had the additional pistol accessories I would have kept him. Certainly a much more fun toy than MP-36 that I played with transformed far more often. He’s built so rock solid I let my 5 year old play with Mightron without concern.

In retrospect I probably should have kept Mightron for the play value but at the time I didn’t feel compelled to double dip on Megatron and MP-36 was simply more complete with the added pistol accessories, even if it’s not as good as a toy.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Interim Head Warehouse Spelunker

News Credits:
    Mightron is the definitive Megatron...for those who want a cartoonesque representation of Megatron while displaying the characteristics that have made him iconic since the animated movie. I prefer Despotron but the DX9 one feels really solid and has great presence.

Every Masterpiece Megatron figure has its advantages and disadvantages. Putting down someone else’s choices makes no sense because it’s all comes down to preference. The definitive representation of a character can only be determined by each individual collector.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MT Despotron clearly has the cleanest back, followed by Mightron. And I don't mind the way things fold up on Mightron's back as (to me) it gives him character and fills him out a bit. Kind of like the intentional "hump" on the back of Optimus Prime. It's not offensive to me at all, aesthetically.

Now with MP-36, I want to make it clear that I DO like it. That said, I think Takara simply over-complicated his transformation just for the sake of doing it. Had they not gone with a faux chest and the crazy torsos transformation and simply stuck with some simpler up-to-date transformation of the G1 toy for the torso (ditching the faux chest thing), the back of the figure would've looked much better overall. Even if just a little, it would've made a positive difference. Adding a panel to make it look better simply confirms how offensive that mess is with the waffles and gaping hole for the head to clear through. Not to mention looking from above down on the figure shows a cluster of parts between his shoulders.

Mightron may not look as super-toon as MP-36, but he does have a cleaner look. No clusters of pieces that look broken, and a transformation that I enjoy far more than MP-36. I can't decide which I like more; Mightron or Despotron. Both alternate as my Hasui-style G1 MP Megatron. MP-36 is cool, but doesn't fit with that aesthetic for me. Mine stands with Lilac Wave and the MT seekers on a separate shelf. They've got their own club going on. I can appreciate all 3 this way.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  14. MasterScale

MasterScale Loose, comes with baggage...

I think it would be great if DX9 re-issued this guy :) 

15. Scurv

Scurv Well-Known Member

It might happen sooner than you think, in the past few months they've re-issued Carry, Chigurh and now a re-issue of Invisible is on the way.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

Hey,wait a minute there buddy..who are you to be coming in here with all this values,morals and respect nonsense?!

You've been here long enough to know that ain't how this boards roll ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  17. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think they will. I could be WRONG, but I think there was some falling-out between the designer of Mightron and DX9?

18. Scurv

Scurv Well-Known Member

But they bought the design though?

19. Greendiablo

Greendiablo New Member

Can anyone help me with this issue I have? I dunno why but my copy of Mightron has his upper chest completely loose and opens up whenever I pose him. I don't know if it's because he's preowned, or I'm missing something or they're all like that.

The listing I bought it from did mention a broken tab, but that was for the gun barrel in gun mode.

Attached Files:

20. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I'm sure if you (or someone) wanted to pick up a 2nd hand Mightron, it wouldn't be too hard. With the flurry of MP36 versions & KO's out there - I'm sure Mightron got replaced in at least some collector's collections and as such would be looking for a new home.

I've got one, but not really looking to sell it. Might is cool and besides the hands, he does look mighty fine.

• Like Like x 2