DX9 Chigurh vs Toyworld Devilstar

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Hybrid Style, May 31, 2015.

1. Hybrid Style

Hybrid Style AKA: TheFallen

News Credits:
    Can someone please tell me which version of these two would fit better in a Reformatted (MMC Style) collection?

Chigurh looks better "styled" but Devilstar looks better "sized" so I am having trouble deciding which one fits in with my other Reformatted figures better.

2. mapatel

mapatel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Id probably say Devilstar. Hes more in the same size as the other MMC stuff with the exception of Hexatron. Chigurh is about a head taller.

3. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Reformatted figures are for the most part based off IDW, and I think Toyworld's figure takes its cue from the IDW design? I think he was white in one of the books, I think it's been awhile since he showed up though.

4. mapatel

mapatel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He was white in All Hail megatron as well as when he shows up on Cybertron.

5. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

Id say Devilstar.

6. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think Toyworld Evila Star has the colors and robot mode from IDW. I'd say DX9 is out for being the wrong color and not having the fin on the chest. Toyworld is not perfect, but it's the closest.

[​IMG]

Toyworld Evila Star.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  7. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Chigurh.

8. Trent

Trent Froody

News Credits:
    The Toyworld one is a great toy. All 3 modes have hardly any kibble and with the visor on it is a perfect update to the G1 toy.

I don't own Chigurh so can't comment.

9. Hybrid Style

News Credits:
    Let me clarify, I am not trying to make either fit in to Transformers so I don't care if they are the wrong colour or IDW based. I treat 3rd Party as a completely separate thing, transforming toys homaging Transformers.

I just need which ever one fits with my collection, not based on Transformers.

10. Hybrid Style

News Credits:
    They both look real good so trying to decide between the two is proving harder than normal.

11. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is still that Machine Boy one that is coming out. Perhaps, you should wait for him and then decide once all three are out

12. Hybrid Style

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still can't decide.

13. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    Maybe it's so hard for you to decide because of what you mentioned makes no sense.

You're trying to figure out which is best for your reformatted collection which is meant to be placed with transformers which you don't want to do because it's 3rd party and and .. No idea. Weird.

You can believe they are whatever you want to believe. Weird that you collect 3P at all. It's almost like you were official-only, seen these amazing designs; and now can't help yourself and you are attempting to justify your purchases by saying they aren't transformers at all.

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's probably .....

14. Hybrid Style

News Credits:
    No sorry, you are completely off the mark. I enjoy these on a different level than just saying they are Transformers. That does not justify the designing and engineering that goes in to them.

I have my own fiction that I put everything in to using their 3rd Party names which is based heavily on MMC styled figures and figures that fit that type.

It seems that Evila Star fits more with what I am after because Chigurh just seems too big.

It may not make sense to you what I am trying to do but thanks for your comments anyway.

15. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    I have both. But I'm lucky.

ES probably fits in slightly easier with "MMC style" figures if that's what you are getting at as Chig just dwarves most of the Reformatted line bar Sixshot.

16. discoamazing

discoamazing Well-Known Member

Chigurh is about the size of Hexatron, iirc, which makes him pretty large compared to the other reformatted toys. HOWEVER, he looks and feels sort of more like them, if that makes sense.

Like, the feel of the plastic and the way he's shaped just seems more similar to something like Leo Dux than Evila Star does.

17. Hybrid Style

News Credits:
    That answers my question.

Thanks

18. Hybrid Style

News Credits:
    That is why I was originally considering Chig, he looks like he fits more style wise.

I'd like to see a pic of both with the reformatted figures.

19. DogFriedRice

DogFriedRice Well-Known Member

I'm also going to get one for my "reformatted" display.
    I'll probably choose Chigurh though.

I like my Astrotrain to be big. I see Astrotrain as the same size as Jetfire and that guy is way bigger than Prime (TW Orion).

20. Elrodthealbino

Elrodthealbino Nerd Alert!

I am of the other camp. I have never pictured Astrotrain to be that big a robot. Same as the mp leader/seeker scale at most. I could actually justify him shorter because the g1 toy was so small. To me, Evila Star is a perfect MP toy style rendition. Doesn't look.like the cartoon, but a fantastic update of the old toy. I am happy with him and generations Blitwing OR on an MP shelf oddly enough.

Now, if they repainted him in Chigurgh colors and gave him a toon head, I might just get him again. This was the only part where Chigurgh seems better. The Alt modes for ES are amazing. A nearly solid black train to a whitish space shuttle vs. A dildo and Armada Jetfire was an easy choice.

That being said. Evila Star doesn't really sound like what you are looking for. I wouldn't describe it as 'reformatted' if that means 'updated'. Evila Star is surprisingly faithful to his source material in all three modes. It just isn't neccessarily the source material everyone wants him to be.