DX-9 D10 Hanzo (Sixshot)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ZEGR, Oct 21, 2016.

1. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wanna see the apc mode with the wings rotated to the front for once...Also can the feet pulled down in tank mode ?

2. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    So both clonedroid and dx9 basically looked at screenshots of said commercial and decided to specifically homage that rather than the cartoon palette that the vast majority of people want to see and prefer? my goodness that's silly.

That's like if takara's initial megatron release specifically had the original commercial design for him too with the sphinx-like black head and yellow eyes and whatnot. gaahhhhhh that's so dumb.

Wish I knew how to contact dx9, maybe this whole color thing is one big innocent mistake...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fr33fall

Fr33fall Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's kind of an odd choice picking such an obscure reference. With Clonedroid I can kind of understand it, since they were just making a knock off of MMC Hexatron, which had already had 2 versions with his traditional colors, plus the black one, plus some sort of heroic version, so picking a different, obscure color scheme for what is essentially the 5th iteration of the same figure is kind of justifiable. With DX-9 though, I don't get the rationale so much. Even if the designers just happened to like those colors better, it still seems like it would make much more business sense to release him in colors that 90% of the people who care about him recognize.

4. BigWillay

BigWillay Livin dat TF Life

Still unsure of how I feel about Hanzo.. with other companies.. rumoured to making their version.. (KFC being one). Not sure whether or not to pull the trigger

5. Sonofadefro

Sonofadefro Don't waste food. I'll keel you

I still trust dx9 to do the right thing and colour it like in benscollectables test shot! But if they dont, then i'd make do with what i got- which, i'd still be happy with anyway. Dx9 listens to feedback, so theres no need to lose hope at this point. Besides, i like the colours as it is. This shade of blue appeals to me in a satisfying way... sixshot had inconsistent colours anyway

6. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

This one looks solid like all DX9 figures but misses on the design, specifically other modes. I applaud them for getting through it with a solid representation but that seems to be their mo. 100% QC, materials, clean look, transform but about 50% on design. When you are paying this much, the design has to be up there and that is why I always go with the competitor even though I like their figures. Currently, I only have Chigurh from them and I welcome the criticism about that one as well. Really hoped KFC or Fans Toys was going to do Astrotrain but that was just not meant to be.

I have heard the same about KFC for this big and bulky figure and have to wait for that one because I love this figure. The GCreations version is not MP but has better designs for the alt modes. I too have a problem with the DX9 color palette. I like the blue they chose but it doesn't work for Sixshot when everyone is expecting the traditional colors. As everyone has said why do that to yourself? If the design was there I could live with it. The tank, car, and gun modes all suck. That big cockpit protrusion for the car ruins the shins in basically an otherwise perfect and clean bot mode. Fair or unfair, I see DX9 and I think conservative and safe but meh. If I wanted that I would just buy Takara.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hungover Rover

Hungover Rover Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really like the design, I love the wolf mode head - seems most animation accurate compared to other offerings. My nitpicks are mainly the lack of cokpit for the tank mode and the visible feet in gun mode. I think the headsculpt is great - but i wish the eyes were slightly larger and a smidge closer set to the nose. Having the teal be more green would also help alot.

8. BigWillay

BigWillay Livin dat TF Life

I've heard that KFC will be doing an astro train... but I think they are doing the blitzwing first.... or at least so I've been told... I think DX-9 has come a long way from the likes of Invisible. The color doesn't bother me as much as the lousy gun mode.... I actually like the tank reminds me of some kind of missle launcher. My only real major complaint is that of the swords... I liked in the MMC version how they were sheathed. I don't like that this have a big hole.. that just stick onto Hanzo's waist. Only time will tell I guess as to what the other 3P will be offering.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Haha... hey, get your tongue out of Carni's ear :D  I think it's the lack of greeble that is drawing me in (same as hanzo vs hex)... Carnifex is uh-may-zing, but when I saw the TB Overlord in that pic with Star Saber... it was all over. I just hope that he eventually sees the light of day, and isn't a piece of junk. I've never heard of them before, so.. *fingers crossed*

10. BlitzKing

BlitzKing Gold Member

Ebay:
    First time I have heard that rumour. I would be totally interested to see KFC's take on sixshot though.

11. Sonofadefro

Sonofadefro Don't waste food. I'll keel you

Collectors can be so very picky. Well, i can appreciate whats done here. i would suggest that dx9 made the feet split into half vertically so that it can fold down sideways, but no matter- gun mode would still look like a sleeping sixshot even if it had no visible feet. They got close enough to the sixshot i want. This figure has brilliant engineering and flat boxy proportions that some people call 'boring' or 'safe'. But iam getting this nonetheless

12. dasdoktor

dasdoktor Pharma who?

I wish the shin cabs could collapse like generation toys crane. Either that or have at least some purple. I can forgive those alt modes since the wolf looks great but it needs to be in service for an ace bot mode and the concessions are too much across multiple other modes.

13. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The feet have like 4 joints guys, you can fold them around in all kinds of ways for the gun mode, they're just the wolf legs folded up, the entire wolf leg is one big multi jointed assembly external to the robots legs so display options for the gun mode are plentiful. Seems to be a good number of options for the other modes as well.

Just these early photographers are probably being tasked with only showing the official transformations so they aren't allowed / are afraid to get creative with him.

I recall people complaining about hex's modes too and they had plenty of options and tonnes of fun fan modes could be thought up too. Same deal with this guy I'm sure.

14. Large

Large Currently blablabla

News Credits:

I'm... I'm very ok with that blue. I know it's not accurate and it can be bothersome, but... Yes, if he turns out like this, I'll be fine with it. I'll have a Sixshot that stands out.
    That was my egoist moment.
    If he's green, cool too!

15. trema

trema Active Member

Quick question- anyone know the size of this guy vs. the upcoming Titans Return Sixshot? Apologies if this was discussed earlier- I couldn't find any previous posts. Thanks!

16. timcrook

timcrook Well-Known Member

This guy looks like same height as MP Ultra Magnus. Titans return one is same height as Combiner Wars Ultra Magnus.

17. trema

trema Active Member

Thank you much!

18. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    Nah, I'd say he's at LEAST 2 inches taller than the TR figure. TR leaders are shorter than MP-10 (about MP Soundwave height) and Hexatron is about MP-10's height. As we can see from the pics, Hanzo is substantially taller than Hexatron.

19. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  20. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really like the look and feel of this figure and everything DX9 does (stylistic choices not withstanding) is of stellar quality.

• Like Like x 2