Dungeons & Dragons and other RPGs

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Rattrap Primal, Oct 18, 2013.

1. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It looks like I ordered Eric, Presto and Sheila from Target.com for $17.49 each on 10/9. After the poor performance of wave 1 at retail, wave 2 was probably slated for quick clearance by retailers. I don't recall ever seeing any of them in-store anywhere. I expect we'll see wave 2 at closeout stores eventually. And, Sheila is just about the best figure in the whole series, IMO. Admittedly, that wasn't a terribly high bar to clear, though, lol. That may also play into her lack of availability.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I mean, there are 8 Sheila's on the peg at the Target 15 mins from me. And Target.com has her for $25, which is smart on their part I guess because they know you're going to get the whole set even if she's not discounted. So there's plenty out there. She'll probably turn up at Ollies too after New Years.

• Like Like x 1
  3. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    She's available at Gamestop right now, even better there's a "buy two get one free" sale she's a part of:

https://www.gamestop.com/collectibl...la-6-in-action-figure-with-d6-die/359698.html

• Like Like x 2
  4. Nutimus Prime

Nutimus Prime Always collecting :)

Drizzt and Guenhwyvar went clearance to under $20 at pulse so I bought them.

20231121_221120.jpg 20231121_221159.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  5. Bryan Thornton

Bryan Thornton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Screenshot_20231123_155734_Target.jpg Screenshot_20231123_155742_Target.jpg
    These are on sale at target right now. They also have a buy 1 get 1 50 off but I disnt see if these qualify in that too.

• Like Like x 7
  6. fschuler

News Credits:
    Holy shit...probably about as cheap as we're going to see these guys!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Bryan Thornton

News Credits:
    Yeah, I am dumb and bought them less than a month ago for around 15 each I think. I still have yet to see these make it to store shelves so I bit at the first sale I saw. No regrets though as it finished the kid set for me so that line is done. Now with this price I am considering second copies in case of breakage, but with the holidays I am also trying to cut unnecessary spending so kind of catch 22.

• Like Like x 2
  8. fschuler

News Credits:
    I got them during that same sale a while back. Fortunately, none of them had any breakage or other issues, so I don't feel the need to double dip. These crazy low prices are hard to pass up, but I really don't need them either.

9. ClunkerSlim

News Credits:
    Thanks, Finally ordered mine. I wish I could have got them in store since I actually am displaying the boxes. But the only Target carrying them is the downtown Target 15 mins away in the heaviest area of traffic, and on Black Friday weekend. I just don't have it in me to go on that fight. Here's hoping the figures aren't broke and the boxes crushed.

10. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Speling Checker

The 3rd Ollie's I visited today had something new! Dungeon's & Dragons Campaign Case Terrains
    DnD terrain01.jpg DnD terrain02.jpg

Ollie's had 2 or 3 different big boxes that looked like they were for tabletop play, but what caught my attention was this box or terrains for only $2.99. It is $30.99 at Amazon right now https://www.amazon.com/RPG-Campaign...l6NzBpBn_cAryZANG7o4Up-yaYBoCcTkQAvD_BwE&th=1 but Ollie's is selling them for $2.99 each. That's $3 for a pile of cardboard 5"x5" interlocking tiles as well as some 22"x25.5" big boards that I can use on my shelves as floors for dioramas. $2.99 sure seems like a good price for what it is. If you're big into D&D then also be on the lookout for this set https://www.amazon.com/Campaign-Cas...d8b-bf88-172222a33f10&pd_rd_i=0786967358&th=1 and one other set that I'm not recognizing on Amazon.

• Like Like x 4
  11. fschuler

News Credits:
    I saw a guy loading up a cart with these at Ollie's over the weekend. He said he planned to flip them on Amazon. Lol...

• Like Like x 2
  12. St Firebringer

St Firebringer PB&J bones

Hahaha! Did you break it to him gently, or let him go on his way for a life lesson?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Player's Handbook (2024) Playtest 8 is out today in the unearthed arcana section of DnD Beyond

• Like Like x 1
  14. fschuler

News Credits:
    You know, I thought about saying something. But I assume he'll figure it out, lol. I picked up one of the sets, looked at it and put it back down. It's great for $3, I guess, but I really didn't think I'd actually use it for anything. They also had a Dragonlance set with some minis in it for about $10...picked it up and put it down too.

• Like Like x 2
  15. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Ollie's is putting these in the ad Tuesday...meaning they have stupid amounts of them. It's a good deal but anyone buying to flip them will have a hard time of it for the next several weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  16. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  17. ClunkerSlim

News Credits:
    I just bought the Terran kit today. I don't even play D&D, but if you're looking for some nice cheap floor pieces to make the figures on your shelf pop then you can't do better than $3.

What lesson? That we're idiots? I just checked the sold items on ebay. The prices heavily vary, but people today, right now, are still buying these for $25.

• Like Like x 2
  18. St Firebringer

St Firebringer PB&J bones

It was just an offhand comment about some dude gearing up to scalp discount store inventory - not sure why you’re feeling insulted by it. There’s nothing wrong with the product. And you’re right, people will pay different amounts for things: $3 at Ollie’s, down to $18 from the same Amazon link, and I guess $25 for some eBay ppl. Even though my next campaign will stylistically be very different, I’d totally buy some for $3 at Ollie’s. Nobody is trying to insult you, man - we’re all fans of the same hobby. We’re all in the trust tree here.

19. Bryan Thornton

News Credits:
    More likely the lesson is about that scalper profit on these would be little to none. By the time ebay takes their cut, paypal sends you the tax bill, and your drive to get the item plus ship the item not to mention shipping cost itself, I can't imagine there is really enough left to make it worth while. But scalpers gonna scalp, so what do you do. Point out the flaw in their logic or let them buy a basket full of the stuff to realize later that it wasn't worth the effort and time?

• Like Like x 2
  20. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Speling Checker

Got a chance to lay the tiles down on my new shelves. About 24"x30" shelves and the Terrain kit worked pretty good. There is one large map that unfolds into about 22"x25" and then a ton of individual tiles which must be about 4.75"x4.75".
    DnD terrain01.jpg Not bad for $2.99. You can flip both the big board and the tiles with the gray stone pattern on one side and the green grass on the other side. Didn't even get into the stickers as there will be robots covering most of this.
    DnD tiless.jpg

• Like Like x 3